Do you know these interesting facts about Twinkle Khanna?
Very few people in the world have the privilege of being born on the same day as their mom or dad, Twinkle Khanna or Tina as she is also known as is one of those privileged children. She was born on 29th December 1974 and shares her date of birth with her dad, Jatin aka Bollywood superstar Rajesh Khanna, who was born in 1942. She is the daughter of well-known Bollywood actress, Dimple Kapadia; and has a younger sister Rinke, who is married to Industrialist Sameer Saran and has a daughter.
Must Read: Unknown facts about John Abraham
Let’s know these interesting facts about Twinkle Khanna:
- She got married to Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar in 2001. She quit movies after getting married and subsequently gave birth to a baby boy, Araav, on 15 September 2002. She herself was a leading actress in the industry, who received decent success with movies like Baadshaah, Jab Pyaar Kisi Se Hota Hai, Barsaat, Itihaas and few more.
- She, in partnership with Gurlein Manchanda, opened an interior design store (White Window) in Bombay’s Crawford Market, and subsequently went on to receive the El Decor Award. She is in the process of opening another store soon in Bombay.
- Very few of us might know this fact about Twinkle’s life that she underwent an eye correction surgery for her condition of a slight cross-eye. In 1995, during her launch, her cross-eyed condition was visible, but after the success of her initial few films, she underwent this surgery.
- Becoming an actress, making candles, setting up an interior designing business, producing movies, writing columns, turning author, she can do anything.
- Her first book Mrs. Funnybones, sold over one hundred thousand copies, making her India’s highest-selling female writer of 2015. She repeated the success with her second book, The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad, which also went on to sell over 100,000 copies in August 2017.
- People magazine in 2009, listed her as the fourth-best-dressed celebrity.
- Since November 2014, she has maintained a Twitter account.
- Writer-producer Twinkle Khanna has been invited to speak at The Oxford Union Society, the world’s most prestigious debating society in January 2018. The 43-year-old actor-turned-author addressed the students of Oxford University where she showcased her upcoming production, ‘PadMan’.
- PadMan’ was the first Indian film which was screened at The Oxford University.
- She is a morning person, who gets up as early as 4am with her husband and is an avid reader.