IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates CSK v DC Qualifier 2 Match – Lackluster Delhi taken apart by CSK with ease
IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates CSK v DC Qualifier 2 Match Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium Visakhapatnam – Lackluster Delhi taken apart by CSK with ease
Today IPL Match Live Updates CSK v DC Qualifier 2 Match:
- DELHI 147/9 (20.0)
CHENNAI 151/4 (19.0) CRR: 7.95
Chennai won by 6 wkts
- So this sets up the clash that everyone wanted. The Mumbai Indians and Chennai Superkings are set to resume their rivalry for one last time in the revered summit clash on Sunday. The Indians have trashed CSK left, right and centre this season and they’ll be looking to resonate that comprehensive performance one final time
- CSK have gone onto make yet another final. The 6 wicket win was as easy as it could get for them with Delhi deciding not to turn up for their biggest ever clash in 12 seasons. They’ve been wiped out today, so lackluster were they with both the bat and ball. An extremely dejected end to a season that held so much promise for them.
- Fourth Wicket : MS Dhoni c Paul b Sharma 9 (9b 1×4 0x6) SR: 100.00
- END OF OVER:17 | 8 Runs | CSK: 135/3 (13 runs required from 18 balls, RR: 7.94, RRR: 4.33)
- END OF OVER:16 | 8 Runs 1 Wkt | CSK: 127/3 (21 runs required from 24 balls, RR: 7.93, RRR: 5.25)
- Third Wicket : Raina b Axar 11(13)
- Axar gets one for Delhi as we head into the strategic timeout. Raina tried to go too hard at the ball, needless when he could have just stroked it for a single. It was a nothing shot, one he managed to lash back onto his wickets to be bowled for 11. Hardly going to disturb the overall equation though
- Highest identical score by openers in IPL:
77 D Warner/ V Sehwag DD v KXIP Delhi 2011
50 B Hodge/ M Tiwary KKR v RCB Kolkata 2010
50 F du Plessis/ S Watson CSK v DC Vizag 2019
- CHENNAI 119/2 (15.0) CRR: 7.93 REQ: 5.8 Chennai need 29 runs in 30 balls
- Over 15: This match is just dragging on needlessly and nothing else. Delhi have had to bear the burdens of a waning team management the entire season and it’s cost them massively today. Wrong team selection, wrong players and a comical gameplan sees them exit them tournament.
- CHENNAI 115/2 (14.0) CRR: 8.21 REQ: 5.5 Chennai need 33 runs in 36 balls
- CHENNAI 111/2 (13.0) CRR: 8.54 REQ: 5.29 Chennai need 37 runs in 42 balls
- Over 13: Despite losing Watson as well, CSK will have absolutely no problem seeing past this chase. Only Delhi to blame for all their problems, allowing a horrendous Watson to score a 50 as well here. Shambolic bowling and it’s a performance that has delt them obsolete
- Second Wicket : Watson c Boult b Mishra 50(32) [4s-3 6s-4]
- CHENNAI 108/1 (12.0) CRR: 9 REQ: 5 Chennai need 40 runs in 48 balls
- CHENNAI 83/1 (11.0) CRR: 7.55 REQ: 7.22 Chennai need 65 runs in 54 balls
- First Wicket : F du Plessis c Paul b Boult 50 (39b 7×4 1×6) SR: 128.20
- What this wicket can do for the Capitals is bring them back in the match where they have been obilerated time now. The glaring weakness in CSK is their middle-order and if Delhi can deal them a double blow here, they might just have a whiff of making a meal out of this
- Delhi have suffered and huffed and puffed but they’ve finally managed to pick up a wicket here. Faf is the first breakthrough, goes soon after making his 50 with Boult serving up the wicket for the Capitals
- CHENNAI 81/0 (10.0) CRR: 8.1 REQ: 6.7 Chennai need 67 runs in 60 balls
- Over 10 Update: It’s yet another half-century for Faf who has been the one who has time and time again ensured that the cracks in CSK’s batting order aren’t exposed this season. And what this innings has done is take away the pressure from Watson as well who has gotten himself a much needed 20 runs here. Everything going the Superkings way at the halfway mark
- Faf raises the bat for his fifty
- CHENNAI 72/0 (9.0) CRR: 8 REQ: 6.91 Chennai need 76 runs in 66 balls
- CHENNAI 64/0 (8.0) CRR: 8 REQ: 7 Chennai need 84 runs in 72 balls
- It would have been better if Keemo would have just decided to give extras away. Tried everything possible to allow CSK to pile the runs on and even someone like Watson got a boundary in this over. Pathetic over, goes for 17 runs and DC are being shut out with 62-0 for CSK in 8 overs.
- CHENNAI 48/0 (7.0) CRR: 6.86 REQ: 7.69 Chennai need 100 runs in 78 balls
- CHENNAI 42/0 (6.0) CRR: 7 REQ: 7.57 Chennai need 106 runs in 84 balls
- Powerplay Update: That’s what happens when you just can’t pick up wickets despite showing an excellent show with the ball. Faf has once again been allowed to settle in, Delhi’s biggest mistake and they’re left to face the ramifications of it. CSK in complete control here at 42-0
- CHENNAI 27/0 (5.0) CRR: 5.4 REQ: 8.07 Chennai need 121 runs in 90 balls
- CHENNAI 16/0 (4.0) CRR: 4 REQ: 8.25 Chennai need 132 runs
- Delhi’s pacers doing everything CSK’s couldn’t. The bowling has been a spectacle to watch with both Boult and Ishant giving nothing away to the batsmen. The pace is right off the blocks, the ball is pitched on all the right areas and Watson and Faf are only looking to defend out the overs at the moment. What Delhi need though is to make this pressure count and pick up a wicket. 16-0 after 4 overs.
- CHENNAI 13/0 (3.0) CRR: 4.33 REQ: 7.94 Chennai need 135 runs
- Watson vs
Axar – 33 balls, five outs (SR 103.03)
Mishra – 61 balls, five outs (SR 119.67)
- END OF OVER:2 | 3 Runs | CSK: 4/0 (144 runs required from 18 overs, RR: 2.00, RRR: 8.00)
- CHENNAI 1/0 (1.0) CRR: 1 REQ: 7.74 Chennai need 147 runs
- 10 innings between them, 231 runs and the opening stand hasn’t functioned as CSK would have liked at all. Watson has endured a torrid time in the middle and Delhi need to get him going without a doubt early on. Emphatic over by Boult, one that saw him bowl some absolute rippers to give away just the 1 run in it.
- Second Inning Start : du Plessis and Watson are at the crease. du Plessis is on strike. Boult will open the attack
- Innings Break
Delhi – 147/9 (20.0 Ovs)
- Ninth Wicket: 147-9 is what the Delhi Capitals have managed to end up with as Jadeja’s bowling goes for a toss. He managed to pick up Boult in it but the two sixes and a four see him being plundered for 14 runs, the most expensive over of the innings. Delhi stay way behind a respectable score.
- DC: 131-8 after 19 overs
- Eight Wicket : Chahar to Pant, out Caught by Dwayne Bravo!! Pant c Dwayne Bravo b Chahar 38(25) [4s-2 6s-1].
- Delhi – 119/7 (17.5 Ovs)
- Seventh Wicket : A West Indian battle, one which Bravo wins. Right at Keemo’s pads, he looked afraid of that delivery and as he tried to get out of it’s way, he ended up bowled for 3 for Delhi who are in danger of not even playing out their full quota of overs now.
- DC: 116-6 after 17 overs
- Delhi – 114/6 (16.4 Ovs)
- Sixth Wicket : Delhi will not be too sad to see Rutherford end his innings here. 16 balls to score 10 runs, a performance that did nothing but push them back against the asking rate. Harbhajan gets his second and with just 102 as we head into the death overs, it’s safe to say Delhi are being cleaned out here.
- MS Dhoni DRS report card in IPL 2019 (fielding):
Umpire’s call: 0 DC: 93-5 after 15 overs
- DC: 85-5 after 14 overs
- DC: 80-5 after 13 overs
- Fifth Wicket : Dwayne Bravo to Axar, out Caught by Tahir!! The champion strikes! Axar c Tahir b Dwayne Bravo 3(6).
- Delhi – 75/4 (11.3 Ovs)
- Fourth Wicket : There goes Shreyas as well. The eight time he’s lost his wicket to the slower stuff yet again, the wrong delivery from Tahir doing him in. He tried to play with the spin, got nowhere close to the ball and ending up holding the ball out only as far as Raina. Tahir picks him up for 13, the eight time he’s dismissed him.
- Over 10: After having lost all their batsmen after getting starts, Delhi are in a spot of bother. This is their only partnership that exudes confidence and if it can hold fort to take them to atleast 160, Delhi will have a shot of making this is a competitive match.
- Delhi – 57/3 (8.5 Ovs)
- Third Wicket : Jadeja to Munro, out Caught by Dwayne Bravo!! Munro c Dwayne Bravo b Jadeja 27(24) [4s-4].
- Delhi – 54/2 (8.0 Ovs)
- Powerplay Update: Not the best of starts for Delhi here then on a wicket where the ball is coming nicely onto the bat. They’ve lost both their openers inside the first six, a double blow for them with CSK restraining the runs as well. For the Capitals it’s all on Munro and Pant now to come up with the big devastating innings they’re possible of. 41-2
- Second Wicket: Harbhajan to Dhawan, out Caught by Dhoni!! Dhawan c Dhoni b Harbhajan 18(14) [4s-3]. DELHI 37/2 (5.2)
- DELHI 36/1 (5.0) Shikhar Dhawan 18 Colin Munro 12
- DELHI 32/1 (4.0) Shikhar Dhawan 16 Colin Munro 10
- DELHI 25/1 (3.0)
- First Wicket: DRS taken by the Superkings and that looked out. Pace taken off the ball, the delivery stayed low and as Shaw tried to pull at it, the ball rattled straight into his pads. All aspects ticked here and Shaw is LBW here as he loses his wicket for the fourth time to Chahar this season. Goes for 5 and DC are st 21-1
- In a pace battery where CSK have had bang average performers, Deepak Chahar has been one of their main bowlers. He balls the first over here at a tight line and length, keeping the deliveries slow which both the openers found impossible to take off. 7-0 after 1 Over. DELHI 21/0 (2.2)
- First Inning Starts: Prithvi Shaw and Dhawan are at the crease. Prithvi Shaw is on strike. Chahar will open the attack.
- We’re underway from this humbdinger where Dhawan and Shaw have stepped out to bat for Delhi. Shaw came good for Delhi the last time while Dhawan has been hitting the runs recently. Can they get Delhi off to another good start here?
- CSK are the only side to beat DC twice in the league stage this season.
- Chennai Super Kings (Playing XI): Faf du Plessis, Shane Watson, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni(w/c), Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Imran Tahir
- Delhi Capitals (Playing XI): Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer(c), Rishabh Pant(w), Colin Munro, Axar Patel, Sherfane Rutherford, Keemo Paul, Amit Mishra, Trent Boult, Ishant Sharma
- Chennai Super Kings have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today IPL match Chennai v Delhi Qualifier 2 preview highlights:
- The Delhi Capitals and Chennai Super Kings will indulge us in the myriad second qualifier of the Indian Premier League on 10th May, Friday
- The match which will be played at 7:30 pm will see the toss occur at 7:00 pm along with the arrival of the team news
- A spot in the final awaits the winner of this intriguing encounter against the Mumbai Indians. DC come into the match with a win against SRH while CSK have to play this on the virtue of a defeat against MI
Must Read: IPL 12 Captains Coaches and Owners – Tentaran
Chennai Super Kings: Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni (c &wk), Murali Vijay, Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir
Delhi Capitals: Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Chris Morris, Colin Munro, Axar Patel, Ishant Sharma, Keemo Paul, Amit Mishra, Trent Boult
Must Read: Cricket World Cup 2019: Cricketers who could be playing their last world cup
For more stories like Today IPL match live updates CSK v DC Qualifier 2 match, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram