IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates CSK v KKR 23rd Match MA Chidambaram Stadium Chennai, Chennai won by 7 wkts
Today IPL Match Live Updates CSK v KKR 23rd Match:
Chennai won by 7 wkts
Kolkata – 108/9 (20.0 Ovs)
Chennai – 111/3 (17.2 Ovs)
- 15 Overs: 85-3, 8 off the 15th and a wicket with Kedar hitting a four in his very first ball. Just the paltry 24 runs needed at this stage as we head to the final 30 balls. CSK easing to the top of the table comfortably.
- Third Wicket : Chawla to Rayadu and he’s out caught for 21 by Nitish. The timeout working the bowling side’s favour yet again this IPL with the thwart in concentration yielding a wicket. He couldn’t even penetrate the halfway circle with that shot.
- CSK: 73-2 after 13 overs
- Halfway stage in CSK’s innings and the score is at 57-2. Much needed boundary coming in the 10th with Rayadu cutting Gurney for a four and this shot will relieve some of the pressure mounting on their side. Such a poor wicket to met out for a T20 encounter.
Score after 8 overs- CSK 46-2
- 7 gone and it’s 43-2. Spin finally being called into play from both the ends but for us it’s too late to opt for this tactic. CSK are in a position to defend the ball and keep the singles coming in each over and that is exactly what they’re doing
- No ball in Prashid’s over but he’s lucky it isn’t dispatched for runs. We’ve seen the powerplay go past us and despite CSK losing a couple of wickets, their ability to keep the runs coming at a rapid rate means they’re well ahead in this encounter. 40-2 at the end of 6 overs.
Score after 5 overs – CSK 35-2,
- Second Wicket : Raina c Chawla b Narine 14(13) [4s-1 6s-1], Raina has gone for 14. Tried one too many things and he fails to connect to Narine’s delivery. Chawla had to make some distance running back to latch onto that catch and he manages to get on the end of it. He’s gone for 14 and CSK are at 35-2 at the end of 5 overs.
- 33-1: 4 overs have been bowled out and despite losing Watson to Narine for 17 runs, Raina has come in and kept the scoring going with pace on the bat being taken a liking to. Only spin can save this match for them and it’s time to bring on slower stuff from both the ends
- First Wicket : Watson c Chawla b Narine 17(9) [4s-2 6s-1]
Score after 2 overs – CSK 14-0
- First Over: Chawla kept persisting with the wrong one throughout his over and Watson kept persisting getting after him. Peels off 12 runs in the opening over and CSK have gotten off to a ripper of a beginning here
- It’s Faf du Plessis and Shane Watson who’ve come out to open the innings for CSK while Chawla takes over for the first over. Spin is the way to go here and nothing but wickets can help KKR make something out of this
- Second Inning Start :- Watson and du Plessis are at the crease. Watson is on strike. Chawla will open the attack
- Deepak Chahar(4-0-20-3): “It is very difficult to grip the ball as there is lot of dew. I am not used to bowling in the death so I was working on it. Before the IPL, I worked a lot on my slower ones and my yorkers as I knew there won’t be much swing in Chennai.”
Score after 20 overs- KKR 108-9
- 108-9 is what KKR have managed to put up. From a situation where even 100 looked tentative, some power hitting in the final few overs see them cross the three digit mark but this is a well below par score. Even on a pitch that is playing so well for the bowlers, it’s too small a total to defend. CSK will be the happier side going into the break here
- 15 of the last over and it sees Russel get his 50. Sam with a bad over here, failing to pitch the ball in the right areas with Russel not being tested with even a single yorker. He’s the only bowler to return wicketless today and rightfully so with a meek and tepid performance
- KKR: 79-9 after 17 overs
- Ninth Wicket : Jadeja picks up his first wicket of the day as Harbhajan manages to get onto a catch. Nothing shot, just a lame attempt to jab at the delivery and it’s only gone as far as midwicket. KKR have collapsed like a house of cards today and even 100 looks a big way away from here.
- Eight Wicket : One leads to two for CSK. Wrong call by Russel to go for the run with Kuldeep least interested in it and he was well out of the non striker’s end despite the bad throw. Run out by Harbhajan and he’s the third today to depart without opening his account. 76-8
- Seventh Wicket: Piyush steps out to the delivery way before the ball even left Harbhajan’s hand and he allowed the bowler to take control of the situation. Bowled well wide, left Piyush fetching the ball and Dhoni did the remaning work to stump him. Departs for 8 runs as we take the final timeout of this innings. 76/7
- End of 15 overs and CSK are dictating things here. Each and every move by them has paid off to perfection and as Tahir bowls out his spell for 2-21, KKR are left picking up the pieces at 75-6.
- KKR: 49-6 after 11 overs.
- Sixth Wicket : He’s cleaned up. Stumped by Dhoni and bowled by Tahir and Gill fails to make the most of the opportunity granted to him. Steps out, fails to understand the line and trajectory and as it skidded onto him he loses his wicket for 9 runs. Even 100 looking a big ask from here.
- KKR: 44-5 after 9 overs
- Fifth Wicket: 44-5 and as we move into the strategic timeout, half of KKR’s side has fallen. Karthik the latest to depart and spin playing a big role on this wicket which is filled with cracks. False shot, holed out to Harbhajan and he’s picked it up. Imran with his first wicket of the day.
- 29-4 at the end of the powerplay overs. CSK can completely dominated proceedings in the first six overs and are well on top with KKR playing some absolutely treacherous shots on an agonising pitch. Time for someone to hold fort for them.
- Fourth Wicket : 24-4. Two fours in the over and Robin decides to go for another big hit. Unnecessary shot given the over had already seen it’s requisite boundaries and his pull finds no elevation on it. Holed out to Jadhav to send him back for 11 and that was a soft dismissal
- Over 4: First four of the innings coming in the fourth over with Karthik’s inside edge just about managing to find it’s way to fence. This is a pitch that has massive aberrations on it and the ball is spinning both ways. Kolkata – 24/3 (4.2 Ovs)
- Third Wicket : Nitish the latest wicket to fall and he goes for 0 as well. Low catch picked up by Rayadu in the close in region and everything is falling apart for KKR in just the third over. Deepak gets his third and he’s being involved in everything. Kolkata – 9/3 (2.3 Ovs).
- KKR: 8-2 after 2 overs.
- Second Wicket : Harbhajan to Narine, out Caught by Chahar!! Harbhajan has the last laugh! Narine c Chahar b Harbhajan 6(5)
- First Wicket : Over 1: An extremely good over, and it brings with it a wicket as well. Ball kept low, swinging away from Lynn and he finally falls to the wild shot. Fourth time in the over he’s tried to hit the ball on the legside and he falls for 0, LBW.
- First Inning Starts: Chris Lynn and Narine are at the crease. Chris Lynn is on strike. Chahar will open the attack.
- Kolkata Knight Riders (Playing XI): Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine, Robin Uthappa, Nitish Rana, Dinesh Karthik(w/c), Shubman Gill, Andre Russell, Piyush Chawla, Kuldeep Yadav, Harry Gurney, Prasidh Krishna
- Chennai Super Kings (Playing XI): Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni(w/c), Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Scott Kuggeleijn, Deepak Chahar, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir
- Chennai Super Kings have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today IPL match live updates KKR v CSK – Preview Highlights:
- CSK and KKR will clash against each other on April 9, Tuesday at 8:00 pm
- The toss will take place at 7:30 pm along with the announcement of the team sheets. The match will get broadcast on Star Sports 1,2, Hindi/HD
- Both the sides have won four out of their five matches to occupy the first and second place in the table with 8 points. A win for either will take the side to an outright first position today
CSK: Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni (c)(wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir, Scott Kuggeleijn.
KKR: Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine, Robin Uthappa, Nitish Rana, Andre Russell, Dinesh Karthik (C & WK), Shubman Gill, Piyush Chawla, Kuldeep Yadav, Harry Gurney, Shrikant Mundhe.