IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates CSK v KXIP 18th Match MA Chidambaram Stadium Chennai – Chennai won by 22 runs.
Today IPL Match Live Updates CSK v KXIP 18th Match:
- Chennai won by 22 runs
CHENNAI 160/3 (20.0)
PUNJAB 138/5 (20.0)
- Fifth Wicket: Kuggeleijn to Sarfaraz Khan, out Caught by du Plessis!! Sarfaraz Khan c du Plessis b Kuggeleijn 67(59) [4s-4 6s-2].
- Punjab need 24 runs in 5 balls.
- Fourth Wicket: Chahar to Miller, out Bowled!! Miller b Chahar 6(5) [4s-1]. PUNJAB 135/4 (19.0)
- Third Wicket: Kuggeleijn to Rahul, out Caught by Jadeja!! Rahul c Jadeja b Kuggeleijn 55(47) [4s-3 6s-1]. PUNJAB 117/3 (17.3)
- Punjab need 46 runs in 18 balls – PUNJAB 115/2 (17.0) – CRR: 6.76 – REQ: 15.33Lokesh Rahul 54
Sarfaraz Khan 54
- Time-out: Equation: 61 runs in 36 balls. This can go right down to the wire. Rahul is the key for Punjab.
- CSK need a wicket or two now. The quicks have to bowl 5 of the last 7 overs and they have so far conceded 54 from their 5. PUNJAB 100/2 (14.0)
- Only once before a team has scored 90+ in the last ten overs against CSK at Chepauk in successful run chases – 92 by KKR in IPL 2012 final. PUNJAB 75/2 (11.0)
- Time-out! CSK have let the game drift a bit. Chahar’s over in the powerplay, a DRS that they should have taken and then Jadeja’s latest have added to the partnership between Sarfaraz Khan and Rahul.
- Punjab need 94 runs in 66 balls – PUNJAB 67/2 (9.0)
- PUNJAB 42/2 (5.2) – First it was Chennai’s Ashwin harrowing Chennai Super Kings and now it’s Punjab’s Harbhajan ripping through Kings XI Punjab. Balance.
- PUNJAB 10/2 (2.4) – Harbhajan vs Gayle (T20s): 125 balls – 111 runs – Five dismissals
- Second Wicket: Harbhajan to Agarwal, out Caught by du Plessis!! Agarwal c du Plessis b Harbhajan 0(2).
- First Wicket: Harbhajan to Gayle, out Caught by Dhoni!! It’s throwback to 2011 IPL finals. Gayle c Dhoni b Harbhajan 5(7) [4s-1]. PUNJAB 7/1 (1.5)
- Punjab need 154 runs – CHENNAI 160/3 (20.0) – PUNJAB 7/0 (1.0)
- Rahul and Gayle are at the crease. Rahul is on strike. Chahar will open the attack.
- Second Inning Starts: We’re back for the chase. CSK players step out and form a huddle. Out walk the KXIP openers – Chris Gayle and KL Rahul – wielding their bats. It’s a tricky target, let’s see how the visitors approach this score.
- Spin: 8-0-46-3 (ER 5.75)
Pace: 12-0-114-0 (ER 9.50)
- Innings Break – CHENNAI 160/3 (20.0)
- With spinners like Tahir, Jadeja and Harbhajan, even 130 would be a defendable score for CSK?CHENNAI 127/3 (18.0)
- CSK will miss Bravo and his slower balls today. This pitch is ideally suited for his bowling. CHENNAI 112/3 (16.2)
- Best IPL figures for R Ashwin:
4/34 RPS v KXIP, Vizag, 2016
3/16 CSK v RCB, Chennai, 2011
3/16 CSK v KKR, Chennai, 2010
3/23 CSK v DD, Chennai, 2012
3/23 KXIP v CSK, Chennai, 2019*
3/30 CSK v MI, Mumbai WS, 2014
- Time out! CSK lost Faf and Raina at a crucial time. The pair had got set and one of them had to bat through. CHENNAI 108/3 (15.0)
- Third Wicket: Ashwin to Raina, out Bowled!! Cleaned up! Two in two for Ashwin. Third in the game and he’s delighted. On a hat-trick as well. Raina b Ashwin 17(20) [4s-1].100/3
- Second Wicket: Ashwin to du Plessis, out Caught by Miller at !! du Plessis c Miller b Ashwin 54(38) [4s-2 6s-4]. 100/2
- Fifty for Faf. Murugan Ashwin to du Plessis, SIX. CHENNAI 98/1 (13.0)
- 12: 87/1 CSK need at least 150 on this track, they are a bowler short and also their death bowling looks very weak today.
- We’ve reached the halfway stage in this encounter and CSK have built a solid platform for themselves. What is working against Punjab’s favour is that they have just 5 bowlers to work around with today which is already playing against them. 71-1 after 10 overs.
- First wicket for Punjab and Watson falls finally for 26 runs. He’s caught by Curran with Ashwin picking you up the opener. Partnership breaks for 56 and this is a huge wicket. 58/1
- 6:54/0 Powerplay comes to an end and the way Watson and Faf du Plessis have operated here is extremely refreshing. Nothing for the batsmen to play and they’ve still manage to put on a half-century stand. Wise batting
- 5: 47/0 Colossal mistake by Punjab as Tye is obilerated for 18 runs. Given too much room to the batsmen, bowling at an appalling trajectory and he’s allowed the batsmen to incur a huge bagful of runs. Disappointing over and you deserve this for such captaincy decisions
- 2: 10/0 Good call from CSK to give Ambati Rayudu his slot in the middle again. But it means Dhoni is carrying fewer bowling options into the middle, something he doesn’t normally do. Three spinners and an untested quick. Will want a slowish track that turns a bit.
- First Inning Starts: Watson and du Plessis are at the crease. Watson is on strike. Shami will open the attack.
- Kings XI Punjab (Playing XI): Lokesh Rahul(w), Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, Sarfaraz Khan, David Miller, Mandeep Singh, Sam Curran, Ravichandran Ashwin(c), Andrew Tye, Murugan Ashwin, Mohammed Shami
- Chennai Super Kings (Playing XI): Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni(w/c), Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Scott Kuggeleijn, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir
- Chennai Super Kings have won the toss and have opted to bat.
Today IPL match live updates CSK v KXIP – Preview Highlights:
- KXIP and CSK will play against each on April 6, Saturday
- The first of the matches on Saturday, the encounter will take place at 4:00 pm with the toss and team news slated for 3:30 pm
- Both the sides have registered 3 wins from the 4 matches they’ve played in to put on 6 points in the standings. Punjab edge CSK ahead in second place on basis of a higher net run rate.
- In the 19 matches the two have played till in date in the alluring league, CSK sit ahead with 11 wins to the hosts’ 8 wins
CSK playing XI: MS Dhoni (C), Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, Mitchell Santner, Shane Watson, Lungi Ngidi, Imran Tahir, Kedar Jadhav, Ambati Rayudu, Deepak Chahar, KM Shardul Thakur
KXIP playing XI: R Ashwin (C), KL Rahul, Chris Gayle, Andrew Tye, Mayank Agarwal, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, David Miller, Sam Curran, Mohammed Shami, Hardus Viljoen, Murugan Ashwin
CSK Squad – MS Dhoni (C), Suresh Raina, Faf du Plessis, M Vijay, Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Billings, Mitchell Santner, David Willey, Dwayne Bravo, Shane Watson, Lungi Ngidi, Imran Tahir, Kedar Jadhav, Ambati Rayudu, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar, KM Asif, Karn Sharma, Dhruv Shorey, N Jagadeesan, Shardul Thakur, Monu Kumar, Chaitanya Bishnoi Mohit Sharma, Ruturaj Gaikwad
KXIP Squad – R Ashwin (C), KL Rahul, Chris Gayle, Andrew Tye, Mayank Agarwal, Ankit Rajpoot, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Karun Nair, David Miller, Varun Chakaravarthy, Sam Curran, Mohammed Shami, Prabhsimran ran Singh, Nicolas Pooran, Moises Henriques, Hardus Viljoen, Darshan Nalkande, Sarfaraz Khan, Arshdeep Singh, Agnivesh Ayachi, Harpreet Brar, Murugan Ashwin