IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates CSK v SRH 41st Match MA Chidambaram Stadium Chennai – Chennai won by 6 wkts.
Today IPL Match Live Updates CSK v SRH 41st Match:
- Chennai won by 6 wkts
Hyderabad – 175/3 (20.0 Ovs)
Chennai – 176/4 (19.5 Ovs)
- Fourth Wicket : out Caught by Shankar!! Anti-climax for the CSK fans in the stadium.Rayudu c Shankar b Sandeep Sharma 21(25) [4s-1].
- CSK: 167-3 after 19 overs
- Third Wicket : The 100 evades Watson. Good bouncer by Bhuvneshwar, grew into Watson and he could only find his outside edge on it. The umpire wasn’t sure about it but with Watson walking as soon as Bairstow took the chance, the decision was all but made up. Has won the match for his side though with his 96 run innings.
- CHENNAI 135/2 (15.0) CRR: 9 REQ: 8.2 Chennai need 41 runs in 30 balls
- END OF OVER:14 | 16 Runs | CSK: 125/2 (51 runs required from 36 balls, RR: 8.92, RRR: 8.50)
- END OF OVER:13 | 5 Runs | CSK: 109/2 (67 runs required from 42 balls, RR: 8.38, RRR: 9.57)
- CHENNAI 104/2 (12.0) CRR: 8.67 REQ: 9 Chennai need 72 runs in 48 balls
- 12: As CSK reach the 100 run mark and SRH’s spinners are not being given too much away by the batsmen who are ensuring that they are played cautiously, the match is poised in CSK’s favour at the moment. With Watson on his half-century and looking good today, SRH need a couple of quick wickets
- First Fifty for Shane Watson
- CHENNAI 85/2 (11.0) CRR: 7.73 REQ: 10.11 Chennai need 91 runs in 54 balls
- END OF OVER:10 | 7 Runs 1 Wkt | CSK: 80/2 (96 runs required from 60 balls, RR: 8.00, RRR: 9.60)
- Second Wicket : Raina st Bairstow b Rashid Khan 38(24) [4s-6 6s-1]
- It’s pulled back, Rashid gets Raina to come in and try to fetch the ball from it’s pitch and he was left completely caught out of his depth on how to manage the ball at that trajectory. The straighter one getting a wicket yet again and Bairstow does the cleaning up to stump Raina for 38
- Halfway mark in CSK’s innings. This is transpiring in exactly the manner that it did for SRH. After the early fall of a vital player, CSK have constructed their first wicket stand just like SRH did. Both Watson and Raina are well set in the middle, playing the ball well and the boundaries have become easy to find for them now. Match is tantalizingly poised at the 10 over mark, with either result possible from here. 80-2
- END OF OVER:9 | 5 Runs | CSK: 73/1 (103 runs required from 11 overs, RR: 8.11, RRR: 9.36)
- CHENNAI 68/1 (8.0) CRR: 8.5 REQ: 9 Chennai need 108 runs in 72 balls
- Over 8: Bhuvneshwar finally brings on Rashid and Watson faces difficulties facing him immediately. There’s clearly more than enough turn on this rank turner and if the right areas are found, the ball will drift with guile and trickery. CSK manage to get 10 from it. 68-1
- END OF OVER:7 | 9 Runs | CSK: 58/1 (118 runs required from 13 overs, RR: 8.28, RRR: 9.07)
- 50 run stand up for CSK as Watson crafts up something new. Sits down, hits the ball over backward fine leg for a six with way too much length on that delivery. SRH’s bowling unit has to be questioned here for letting two off form batsmen score with such rampant ease
- END OF OVER:6 | 22 Runs | CSK: 49/1 (127 runs required from 14 overs, RR: 8.16, RRR: 9.07)
- Powerplay Update: 4. 4 4 4 4 6: Just that one over from Sandeep has spoilt all the good work done by SRH in the first 5 overs. 4 continuous deliveries on Raina’s pads and there’s no excusing this line and length that too, to a batsman whose suffering for form. Takes CSK to 49-1 and they’re right back in it with this over.
- END OF OVER:5 | 11 Runs | CSK: 27/1 (149 runs required from 15 overs, RR: 5.40, RRR: 9.93)
- END OF OVER:4 | 8 Runs | CSK: 16/1 (160 runs required from 16 overs, RR: 4.00, RRR: 10.00)
- 16-1 after 4 overs. The opening period of play has completely tightened the scruff on CSK who are finding it impossible to scamper through for the singles either. Massive credit to SRH for bowling wicket to wicket, not giving the opposition any room to play around with.
- First Wicket : du Plessis run out (Hooda) 1(7)
- 3-1 and the direct hit has caught Faf du Plessis out of his crease. Deepak connected with the wickets and as the third umpire took an entirety to make that call, he’s managed to make the right decision. It was such a tight call but there was just the slightest bit of bat that had failed to cross the crease. SRH rewarded here for incredible bowling that has caught CSK up in a mix
- CHENNAI 2/0 (2.0) CRR: 1 REQ: 9.67 Chennai need 174 runs
- 2 overs and just the 2 runs for CSK. Bhuvneshwar’s first maiden over to Watson has been followed up by Khaleel giving just 2 off the next one. Watson’s turmoil is refusing to come to an end here with him clearly struggling to get bat onto ball
- CHENNAI 0/0 (1.0) CRR: 0 REQ: 9.26 Chennai need 176 runs
- Second Inning Start – Watson and du Plessis are at the crease. Watson is on strike. Bhuvneshwar will open the attack
- We’re underway from the run chase here. As CSK look to put a stop to their losing spree, one thing is for sure. This is not going to be an easy proposition by any means. As the wicket turns even lower and slower, Rashid and Bhuvneshwar will use their skill set to incur early inroads.
- HYDERABAD 175/3 (20.0) CRR: 8.75
- Just the 42 runs in the last 4 overs have seen SRH squander an extremely good start. The death over bowling was immaculate from CSK, fighting back immensely to close out the innings after being torn apart in the first 10 overs. This is still an extremely tough target to navigate and SRH will undoubtedly go into the break as marginally the happier side. 175-3
- Third Wicket : Shankar c Jadeja b Chahar 26(20) [4s-2 6s-1]
- Chahar finally gets his wicket. Back of the length delivery, enticed Shankar to go for the big one and he failed to generate any power on that shot. Miscued it, only to hole it out as far as Jadeja to go for 26.
- He’s gone and dropped him. Pace taken off the ball, left Manish needing to generate that shot but Raina has let go of an extremely easy catch. With the next ball going to the boundary, it shows how little the margins for error are here
- HYDERABAD 161/2 (18.1) CRR: 8.86
- 18 Over: 160-2 and the last two overs will see SRH go after each and every delivery. This is why having a set batsman and a foundation to play out the fulcrum is so important in any format of the game. SRH have waged a real battle on a wicket that will only suit the bowlers more in the second half of the match
- SRH: 151-2 after 17 overs
- 16 Over: As we head into the death overs here, CSK will be eyeing anything close to 180. They’ve traversed this wicket so effortlessly, hitting the big shots as well as rotating the strike effervescently. Delightful way they’ve crafted this innings to reach 138-2
- SRH: 134-2 after 15 overs
- Hyderabad – 123/2 (13.5 Ovs)
- Second Wicket : Harbhajan gets the ball to spin away from Warner and with him going for the big shot, the line on the delivery does him in. He’s dragged his foot out of the crease in progress and Dhoni ends up stumping him. Big breakthrough for CSK with this innings turning out to be a runaway one for the visiting side. Warner goes for 57.
- Hyderabad – 114/1 (12.3 Ovs)
- Warner follows up with his 50 as well. It’s slower than usual but with Manish getting the runs so quickly, it’s allowed him to take his time to reach the figure. What this partnership is allowing here for SRH is to establish a foundation from which they can thwart everything that’s thrown their way.
- First half-century for Manish. It has come after such a long time, his first innings of note this season but it couldn’t have come at a better time for his side. CSK have been absolutely decimated and put under the brunt of some good shot selection.
- We’ve reached the halfway mark in this innings and with the scoreboard reading a more that strengthened 91-1, this is turning out to a more than emphatic start from SRH. Absolutely made a joke of what was supposed to be a difficult wicket to negotiate.
- 69-1 after 8 overs. CSK have been completely kept out of the match at the moment with SRH showing immense batting strength to keep the run rate scoring at such a healthy rate. Nothing that Dhoni has tried has worked his way till now. Time for Tahir?
- SRH: 63-1 after 7 overs
- 50 run stand is up for this partnership. At a time when Bairstow walked back for 0, leaving a huge gaping hole in SRH’s batting unit, they continued to take the attack to CSK, not allowing them to settle. Taken just 29 balls to come in, with both the batsmen hitting the ball well.
- Powerplay Update: Probably the best start we’ve seen by a side of this wicket. Has taken SRH to 54 in just the 6 over with them enjoying their time against a diminishing Harbhajan who went downwards pretty quickly after his first over. Dhoni has to be questioned for pursuing with him for the three overs despite him being clearly off the mark.
- SRH: 15-1 after 3 overs
- First Wicket: Bairstow playing in his first match here has gone for 0. Ball stayed low as he tried to cut it Harbhajan’s delivery and Dhoni held onto that catch easily. Given how dependant SRH have been on their opening partnership and with no Williamson at number 3 today this is a massive wicket.
- Warner and Bairstow are at the crease. Warner is on strike. Chahar will open the attack.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (Playing XI): David Warner, Jonny Bairstow(w), Manish Pandey, Vijay Shankar, Shakib Al Hasan, Yusuf Pathan, Deepak Hooda, Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar(c), Sandeep Sharma, K Khaleel Ahmed
- Chennai Super Kings (Playing XI): Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni(w/c), Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir
- Chennai Super Kings have won the toss and have opted to field
Today IPL match CSK vs SRH match preview Highlights:
- CSK and SRH will face each other in match number 41 of the Indian Premier League on April 23, Tuesday
- The match is slated for an 8:00 pm beginning with the toss and team news coming in at 7:30 pm. The match will get telecast on Star Sports 1, 2, Select HD 1, Hindi/HD
- SRH had defeated CSK the last time these two sides had met earlier last week by 6 wickets to stop a 4-match losing spree against CSK. Overall, in the 12 matches the two sides have met, CSK dominate this clash with the 9 wins
Chennai Superkings Probable Playing XI: Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni/Sam Billings, Ravindra Jadeja, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar, Dwayne Bravo/Shardul Thakur, Imran Tahir
Sunrisers Hyderabad Probable Playing XI: D Warner, J Bairstow (wk), K Williamson(captain), V Shankar, Y Pathan, D Hooda, R Khan, B Kumar, S Nadeem, K Ahmed, S Sharma
Must Read: IPL 2019 Points Table