IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates DC v KXIP 37th Match Feroz Shah Kotla Delhi – Delhi won by 5 wkts.
Today IPL Match Live Updates DC v KXIP 37th Match:
- Delhi won by 5 wkts
Punjab – 163/7 (20.0 Ovs)
Delhi – 166/5 (19.4 Ovs)
- That’s it for the hosts. They’ve finally made the most of home advantage, enthralling the home faithful support who never relented in their unprecedented support to a 5 wicket win here. Divulged perfectly to craft a well constructed win and move level on MI’s 12 points in the table. Only their second win in 5 home matches but this won’t get any sweeter.
- Delhi need 6 runs in 6 balls
- Fifth Wicket : Another Capitals player walks back. Axar returned for the double, ran straight into Shami and it cost him his wicket. Awareness of the game is of foremost and upmost importance and that run-out for 1 run shows why.
- Fourth Wicket : He’s bowled him. Perfect delivery from Shami sees Ingram’s wickets go for a toss as he’s bowled for the 19 runs. He would have liked to carry his bat and close out proceedings for Delhi today and the way he’s been dismissed today will leave him and the franchise disappointed
- Delhi need 9 runs in 9 balls
- 12th IPL fifty for Shreyas. Along with Dhawan’s half-century, his innings today has ensured that Delhi haven’t had any hurdles in overcoming what was a frisky and trickery task at hand. Delhi set to go to third today.
- DC: 154-3 after 18 overs
- Second Wicket : Dhawan c Ashwin b Viljoen 56(41) [4s-7 6s-1], Viljoen to Dhawan and he’s out caught by Ashwin. The bat swung elsewhere, his eyes where somewhere else and the ball got elevation but absolutely no elevation. Has to depart for 56 and it’s Pant who’ll walk out now
- The two Ashwins who were meant to bode trouble for Delhi here have been cleaned out here. And when nothing goes your way, expect Ashwin to resort to his crass ways. Tries to attempt another mankading but Dhawan was watching him every step of the way. 111-1 after 13 overs.
- DELHI 101/1 (12.0) CRR: 8.42 REQ: 7.88 Delhi Capitals need 63 runs in 48 balls
- Third fifty for Dhawan this IPL. He got off to a tepid and torrid start to the tournament, failing to find his form but he’s slowly settled into the Delhi side. The 100 run mark comes up in the 12th as well and Delhi are elevating an exquisite run chase
- DELHI 90/1 (10.0) CRR: 9 REQ: 7.4 Delhi Capitals need 74 runs in 60 balls
- 10 overs completed in the run chase and Delhi are imbedding a perfect run chase. If this partnership continues in the same vein, the Capitals can emanate their marauding mach winning form that has taken them to pulmerissing Punjab. 90-1
- DELHI 72/1 (8.0) CRR: 9 REQ: 7.67 Delhi Capitals need 92 runs in 72 balls
- 72-1 after 8 overs and Ashwin is continuing here with his second over. With Dhawan on 38 and Shreyas on 20, Delhi are sitting comfortably. Well in control and completely on top to keep the home support entertained as they refuse to stop their rapturous support for even one minute.
- Power play Update: 60-1 for Delhi on the scoreboard and it’s been batting that holds reverence. The Royals showed in the day match that no wicket is a tough one to dissect if you’ve the stroke play in yourself to amass runs. Delhi keeping their intent in check before eventually taking on the slower bowlers.
- DELHI 52/1 (5.0) CRR: 10.4 REQ: 7.47 Delhi Capitals need 112 runs in 90 balls
- Playing his first match of the IPL, Harpreet is welcomed to the harsh reality of the shortest format of the game pretty quickly. Two fours and a six not only brings up Delhi’s 50 but further increases the spinner’s ordeal by being trounced for 17 runs.
- First Wicket : Prithvi Shaw run out (Mandeep) 13(11) [4s-1 6s-1], After the one innings of 99, Shaw has shown this tournament why he’s not considered at the international levels. He’s never been able to capitalise on his starts ever since and he’s run-out here as well by Mandeep for just the 13 runs
- DELHI 24/0 (3.0) CRR: 8 REQ: 8.24 Delhi Capitals need 140 runs
- Sam Curran since the hat trick against DC:
- Over 2: Delhi floundered the last time around against Punjab, losing 7 wickets for 8 runs to gift the match to their counterparts and with Curran on here, they’ll be looking to replicate that stupendous showing. The openers are trying to ensure that it doesn’t happen though. 12-0
- DELHI 1/0 (1.0) CRR: 1 REQ: 8.58 Delhi Capitals need 163 runs
- Second Inning Start :- Prithvi Shaw and Dhawan are at the crease. Prithvi Shaw is on strike. Shami will open the attack
- Welcome back to the match with Delhi getting their run chase underway. Dhawan and Shaw out for the home side and with wetness already a feature here, more than we anticipated it to be, Delhi can traverse this target at hand if they play with a level head.
- Lamichhane – Honestly, it was tough to bowl tonight because of dew. Bowling to Gayle in the powerplay was challenging, he played really well, hit us out in the batting PP. I thought we did well after 10-12 overs. I was looking to make him slog, trying to get him caught, but everything turned into gold for him today. I think 164 is a good total to chase, there’s dew on the ground and it should help our batsmen.
- PUNJAB 163/7 (20.0) CRR: 8.15
- End of Punjab’s innings. Harpreet swings the bat, pulls Rabada for a six and while he ends of 2-23 off the 4 overs, the expense at which the leg-spinners were peeled off has allowed Punjab to take this target past 160. It’s a daunting one, something more than enough for their bowlers to fight with and it is going to be a tantalizing chase.
- Seventh Wicket : Ashwin c Shreyas Iyer b Rabada 16(14) [4s-2]
- KXIP: 151-6 after 19 overs
- KXIP: 141-6 after 18 overs
- 7 off the 18th and with Rabada left with yet another here, Delhi have been impeccable today. It’s been an exuberant and exemplary showing from them on this surface with them cramping up Punjab with perfect lines and lengths. If they keep this around 150, they’ll be eyeing a win
- KXIP: 134-6 after 17 overs
- Punjab – 129/6 (16.3 Ovs)
- Sixth Wicket : Out! Mandeep st Pant b Axar 30(27) [4s-1 6s-1]., Second one for Patel. He saw Mandeep coming out towards him, pitched the ball a tad shorter and caught him completely unaware, well out of his crease. Stumped by Pant to see the end of Mandeep for 30
- KXIP: 127-5 after 16 overs
- After a debacle of a first three overs, Mishra ends his spell on a strong note. The 9 runs from the 16th see Delhi slowly scrape their way back into this encounter. None of Punjab’s batsmen in the middle look versed with how to find the boundaries at the moment
- Punjab – 107/5 (13.2 Ovs)
- Fifth Wicket : It’s two in the over for Delhi! Curran out for a diamond 0 as his contentious time in the league off late continues on it’s merry way. Completely beleaguered by that delivery, ends up hitting the ball straight back to Sandeep and this over was just what Delhi needed.
- Punjab – 106/4 (12.2 Ovs)
- Fourth Wicket : They’ve gone and gotten Gayle. He hit Sandeep for a six off the first ball and if it hadn’t been for a good effort right on the ropes, this might have been another boundary. Losing his balance, going over the boundary, Ingram throws the ball back to return and latch onto it. Well done all around to send Gayle for 69
- KXIP: 97-3 after 11 overs
- Gayle at FSK (IPL):
57(27)* — today
- This is probably one of the best 10 overs we’ve seen at the Feroz Shah Kotla this season. Incoherent bowling by Delhi coupled with absolute clean, well hit strikes by Gayle has put Punjab on top with 92-3. Delhi need wickets and most importantly the one of Gayle.
- KXIP: 82-3 after 9 overs
- 50 for Gayle in 25 balls. He’s decided that he needs to for once apply himself against the spinning stuff and he’s not just played them out extremely well today but been vicious against them as well. Completely thwarted Delhi’s threat early on.
- KXIP: 66-3 after 8 overs
- Third Wicket : Miller steps out, tries to hit with the spin but pays the penalty of not getting to the pitch of the ball. Befounding why he would try to go after Axar in the first ball of his spell and Punjab lose their third for 7 runs, caught by Shaw.
- KXIP: 50-2 after 6 overs
- Powerplay Update: It’s a tricky situation that Punjab find themselves in. With Delhi’s pacers being so ruthless and relentless, the loss of a quick couple of wickets have pegged them back on this surface which makes for such an unpleasant viewing. Gayle meanwhile keeping the scoring going at one end. 50-2
- Punjab – 46/2 (5.0 Ovs)
- Second Wicket : Straight up in the air and Mayank has only managed to hole this out as far as Rutherford. On a pitch that has no bounce and pace on it, Rabada managed to get both to send Mayank back for the 2 runs. Strong start from Delhi
- Punjab – 42/1 (4.2 Ovs)
- Legspin to Gayle and he’s having absolutely no trouble picking off the spinner here. Takes Sandip for the four boundaries in the over to take his innings to 28 off 11 balls. This is the wicket Delhi would have been eyeing early on and they’re squandering the early incentive gotten with Rahul’s wicket.
- PUNJAB 14/1 (2.1)
- First Wicket: Out! Rahul st Pant b Lamichhane 12(9) [4s-1 6s-1].
- PUNJAB 3/0 (1.0)
- First Inning Starts: Rahul and Gayle are at the crease. Rahul is on strike. Ishant will open the attack.
- Kings XI Punjab (Playing XI): Lokesh Rahul(w), Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, David Miller, Mandeep Singh, Ravichandran Ashwin(c), Sam Curran, Harpreet Brar, Murugan Ashwin, Hardus Viljoen, Mohammed Shami
- Delhi Capitals (Playing XI): Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer(c), Rishabh Pant(w), Colin Ingram, Sherfane Rutherford, Axar Patel, Kagiso Rabada, Amit Mishra, Sandeep Lamichhane, Ishant Sharma
- Delhi Capitals have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today IPL match KXIP v DC Preview Highlights:
- Delhi Capitals will play host to the Kings XI Punjab on April 20, Saturday at the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium.
- Slated for an 8:00 pm begin, the toss will take place at 7:30 pm along with the arrival of the team news. The Star Sports network will be broadcasting the first encounter of the weekend on all its sports channels.
- Both the sides sit on 10 points after having traversed 9 matches in the tournament with the virtue of a slightly better net run-rate seeing Delhi edge Punjab to third place.
- Delhi had been defeated by the Mumbai Indians comfortably in their last match while for Punjab, a 12 run win against Punjab had helped revive their goal of a top 4 finish
Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Colin Munro, Shreyas Iyer (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Chris Morris, Axar Patel, Sandeep Lamichhane, Kagiso Rabada, Amit Mishra, Ishant Sharma
Kings XI Punjab
Chris Gayle, KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, David Miller, Nicholas Pooran (WK), Mandeep Singh, Sam Curran, Ravi Ashwin (C), Murugan Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh
Must Read: IPL 2019 Points Table