IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates DC v SRH 16th Match Feroz Shah Kotla Delhi – Hyderabad won by 5 wkts
Today IPL Match Live Updates DC v SRH 16th Match:
Hyderabad won by 5 wkts
Delhi – 129/8 (20.0 Ovs)
Hyderabad – 131/5 (18.3 Ovs
- Four and a six off Rabada and the match has finished in a sudden hurry. SRH win by 5 wickets with 9 balls to spare and it’s back to basics again for Delhi who’ve gotten their tactics wrong yet again today. Nothing went their way and they’ve been outplayed in each and every area.
- SRH: 120-5 after 18 overs. The over that needed to be bowled by Tewatia is given to Morris and it sees SRH needing 10 runs off the final 2 overs. Did well to comeback after conceding a boundary of a shorter length ball and Rabada is given the second last over.
- 111-5 in the 16th over and Delhi striking quick and hard in the final stages of this encounter. Have downed half of SRH’s side and although the runs remaning for SRH are paltry, Delhi will be looking to throw the kitchen sink at them as we break for the final time out.
- Fourth Wicket : Axar to Vijay Shankar and Iyer finally manages to hold onto one. Surprising given the magnitude at which Delhi have been left maligned in the field but they’ve picked up one here. Fourth of the day with Vijay going for 16.
- 14: 100-3 reads the scoreboard for SRH. Delhi not able to dominate any period today and they deserve to lose this match. It’s not a formality till these runs are knocked down and Delhi fall to their third defeat of the season.
- Third Wicket : Ishant to Manish Pandey, out Caught by Prithvi Shaw!! Manish Pandey c Prithvi Shaw b Ishant 10(13).13: Manish goes for 10, caught out at the rope of Ishant’s bowling and Delhi have their third wicket. 95-3, just 35 need off 40 balls and SRH well in control.
- Score after 10 overs – SRH 81-2, Manish Pandey 4(4), Shankar 10(10)
- 81-2 at the halfway stage and the two casualties hardly affecting the visiting side’s sojourn. As Delhi persist with the pacers, the boundaries keep coming by, leaving the hosts picking up the pieces. Being pushed out of this encounter with each passing over
- Second Wicket : Caught by Morris, bowled by Rabada and Warner goes for 10 off 18 balls. He was struggling today and his innings has come to an early end. 68-2 after 8 overs and Delhi have made inroads with two quick wickers
- SRH Powerplay scores in IPL 2019:
54/0 vs KKR, Kolkata
69/0 vs RR, Hyderabad
59/0 vs RCB, Hyderabad
62/0 vs DC, Delhi
Score after 7 overs – SRH 64-1
- First Wicket : Out! Delhi have huffed and puffed and it’s a regulation decision for the umpire to give. Bairstow opts for the DRS but with not bat involved, that was as straight as it gets. LBW by Tewatia for 48 runs
- Bairstow and Warner’s opening stand emulating the same marauding batting that they had put on in the last match. Have made full use of the field restrictions with underwhelming bowling and comic captaincy seeing Delhi fold out. 62-0 in the first 6 overs.
Score after 5 overs, SRH 48-0 – Warner 5(10) , Bairstow 34(20)
- On a pitch where SRH’s bowlers time and time again showed that the slower bowlers are the technique to go with, Delhi to decide to bring on Morris. He’s pummeled for 4 fours and pathetic decision by Iyer again
- DC lost Review : Shocking review taken by Delhi. Huge distance outside the leg-stump and Iyer showing for the upteenth time why he doesn’t deserve this captaincy role at all. We can’t believe our eyes as Delhi lose that horrid review
Score after 2 overs – SRH 7-0, Hyderabad need 123 runs
- End of the first over in the second innings and it’s seen Bairstow and Warner carefully hit the ball around as Delhi begin with spin. This is going to be a huge factor in this innings with Delhi having 12 overs of the slower deliveries in their artillery
- Second Inning Start : Warner and Bairstow are at the crease. Warner is on strike. Lamichhane will open the attack
- Mohammad Nabi: “Yes, I would take this pitch with me. My role depends on the opposition team. In last match, I bowled 4 over in a row and in this match I bowler later as well. Pitch is slow and dry. It is difficult to bat. Dew has already started and it can favour us.Batsmen will try to rotate strike on this pitch.”
- Score after 20 overs – DC 129-8
- 129-8. Couple of boundaries propel Delhi to a 130 run target and this might just be something to play with for the home side. It’s a wicket that has massive cracks, one where spin will play a big part and with three in their side, Delhi can end up making a meal of it if they get their tactics right for once
- 115-8 and another perishes in Delhi’s crumbling cause. Rabada the man this time as he tries to go for the big hit only to find Bhuvneshwar off Siddharth’s bowling. Shambolic display
- Eighth Wicket : Rabada c Bhuvneshwar b S Kaul 3(4)
- Dropped! That could have been two in two for Bhuvneshwar but Sandeep’s ended up dropping Rabada. End of the 19th over, one Delhi end with a four to get 10 runs off it but this is hardly a challenging total
- Seventh Wicket : Chris Morris c Nabi b Bhuvneshwar 17(15) [4s-1 6s-1] – Off the toe of Morris’ bat and Delhi might not even play their full quota of overs. Full credit to SRH where they deserve it but Delhi haven’t made things any better for themselves. Another unsure shot, Morris goes for 17 and Bhuvneshwar has another on the day
- Sixth Wicket : Rashid picks up another one and SRH are well on top at the Feroz Shah Kotla. Iyer departs for 43 with the home side struggling at 93-6 as the ball goes in between the pad and bat. Treacherous batting and Delhi have lost this match in the first innings itself. Jittery stuff.
- DC: 85-5 after 15 overs.
- Fifth Wicket : Things going from bad to worse for Delhi. Ingram tries to cut at it, only ends up hitting it as close as the inside region and they’ve lost half their side. Siddharth picks up Ingram for 5 and Delhi are collapsing like a house of cards. Even 130 looks tough from here. 75/5
- 65-4 after 12 overs and this has been such an abject and placid display for the capital based unit. So disappointing to see a side fail to perform to it’s potential due to the team management. Ownership and coaching roles have been the biggest reason for Delhi’s dwindling performances this year.
- Fourth Wicket : Out! Tewatia the one to fall and this time pace picks up a wicket as well. Their can’t be a softer shot than that with him just pushing his bat in the way of the ball, only to hit it straight up to Nabi. Goes for 5 and Delhi are falling apart
- First half of Delhi’s innings is beyond us and with the scoreboard just reading 56-3, this isn’t make for a good reading for the Delhi supporters. Delhi have been abmysal as a batting aide today with nothing going their way till now. Have had no answers to the trajectory of the spinning ball.
- Third Wicket : Play resumes and the lapse in play has broken Delhi’s concentration as well. Nabi brought back on for his last over and he’s ended up getting his second wicket today. False shot by Pant, hardly got to the pitch of the ball and he’s holed out in the deep for 5. Delhi in massive trouble. 54/3
- 47-2 at the end of 8 overs. All spin for SRH at this stage of the match with Rashid coming on for his first over and giving away just 6 runs to Iyer. It’s been an unimpressive slow innings from him yet again till now and he’s pulling his side down as well here.
- 6.1: 37/2 – Second Wicket : Nabi to Dhawan, out Caught by Sandeep Sharma!! Dhawan c Sandeep Sharma b Nabi 12(14) [4s-1].
- 5: 27-1 and Delhi failing to get a move on here. On a pitch that will only get slower as play progresses, runs against the new ball is need of the hour. Delhi completely under halt in the powerplay overs with Nabi getting 3 overs at a stretch.
Delhi – 15/1 (3.0 Ovs).
- First Wicket : Bowled! Bhuvneshwar has his first wicket in four matches and he’s delighted with it. Tried something different and it’s paid off for him. Incoming delivery, pitching and coming into the batsmen and cutter has castled Shaw who walks back for 11.
- First Inning Starts: Prithvi Shaw and Dhawan are at the crease. Prithvi Shaw is on strike. Bhuvneshwar will open the attack.
- Delhi Capitals (Playing XI): Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer(c), Rishabh Pant(w), Colin Ingram, Chris Morris, Axar Patel, Rahul Tewatia, Kagiso Rabada, Sandeep Lamichhane, Ishant Sharma
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (Playing XI): Jonny Bairstow(w), David Warner, Vijay Shankar, Yusuf Pathan, Manish Pandey, Deepak Hooda, Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar(c), Sandeep Sharma, Siddarth Kaul
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today IPL match live updates SRH v DC – Preview Highlights:
- DC will host SRH at the Feroz Shah Kotla on April 4 for match 16 of the IPL
- The match will be broadcasted on Star Sports 1, Select HD 1, Hindi/HD at 8:00 pm with the toss at 7:30 pm
- Both the sides sit on 4 points in the group standings but SRH have played a game less as opposed to Delhi
Sunrisers Hyderabad: David Warner, Jonny Bairstow, Manish Pandey, Deepak Hooda, Shakib Al Hasan, Vijay Shankar, Yusuf Pathan, Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Sandeep Sharma, Siddarth Kaul, Kane Williamson, Martin Guptill, Ricky Bhui, Shreevats Goswami, Wriddhiman Saha, Shahbaz Nadeem, Mohammad Nabi, Abhishek Sharma, Basil Thampi, Billy Stanlake.
Delhi Capitals: Shreyas Iyer (capt), Colin Munro, Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Hanuma Vihari, Colin Ingram, Manjot Kalra, Chris Morris, Sherfane Rutherford, Keemo Paul, Axar Patel, Jalaj Saxena, Rahul Tewatia, Rishabh Pant, Ankush Bains, Sandeep Lamichhane, Avesh Khan, Harshal Patel, Trent Boult, Amit Mishra, Kagiso Rabada, Ishant Sharma, Nathu Singh and Bandaru Ayyappa.