IPL 2019: Catch up on Today IPL match live updates DC vs CSK – Delhi Capitals vs Chennai Super Kings Match 5 in Firozshah Kotla Delhi
Today IPL match live updates DC vs CSK:
- Chennai won by 6 wkts
Delhi – 147/6 (20.0 Ovs)
Chennai – 150/4 (19.4 Ovs)
- CSK win the game and go top of the table. A well constructed and paced chase by them on a wicket that didn’t allow the batsmen to play their usual full range of strokeplay. 6 wicket win for the visitors and Delhi will be disappointed with their effort today.
Edged to Pant and he gets his name infront of a dismissal for the third time on this night. Rabada picks up Jadhav for 27 and it’s 2 runs needed off the last 5 deliveries now as Bravo steps out to finish the job for his side.
- CSK after Over 18: 137/3 – Dhoni 25(32)- Kedar Jadhav 25(30)
- CSK after Over 15: 120/3 – Dhoni 12(17)- Kedar Jadhav 22(27)
- CSK after Over 14: 118/3 – Dhoni 11(12)- Kedar Jadhav 21(26)
- CSK after Over 13: 112/3 – Dhoni 10(11)- Kedar Jadhav 17(20)
- Over 12: CSK at 108/3 – Dhoni 7(7) – Kedar Jadhav 16(18)
- CSK score after Over 11: 105/3 – Dhoni 5(3) – Kedar Jadhav 15(16)
- Third Wicket: OUT! Suresh Raina got out in the 11th Over, caught behind by Rishabh Pant.
- CSK score after Over 10: 97/2
- Raina-ing SIXes in Delhi
- CSK score after Over 9: 85/2
- CSK score after Over 8: 81/2
- Rahul Tewatia, right-arm leg break, comes to ball.
- Over 7: 73/2
- Right-handed bat, Kedar Jadhav, comes to the crease.
- Chennai at 73/2 in 6.4 overs.
- Second Wicket: OUT! Rishabh Pant stumps Watson on a beautiful delivery by Mishra.
- Score at the end of Over 4 : 51/1
- 3.6: Watson hits Rabada for SIX to fine leg.
- Over 3.5: Watson hits Rabada for FOUR to fine leg.
- Raina comes to the crease.
- First Wicket: OUT! Ambati Rayudu wicket – balled by Ishant Sharma – Catch by Shreyas. Rayudu out after taking just 5 runs. Chennai 21/1 in 2.4 overs.
- Score after 2 over is 16 with Watson playing at 11.
- Watson and Raydu opened the innings for Chennai Super Kings. Ishant Sharma is balling for Delhi Capitals.
Chennai Super Kings playing
- Total Score of Delhi Capitals – 147/6 at the end of 20th Over.
- By the end of 20th Over, Rahul Tweati was at 118 and Axar Patel at 9.
- Score – 18th Over – Delhi 130/6, 19th Over – 138/6
- Sixth Wicket: OUT! Dwayne Brave took the third wicket. Shikhar Dhawan ousted after scoring 51 from 47 balls.
- Ravindra Jadeja completed his quota of over with the end of Over 17.
- FIFTY: Shikhar Dhawan completes half-century from 45 balls with seven fours.
- Fifth Wicket: Jadeja to K Paul, out Bowled!!. Typical delivery from Jaddu, It was a ripper one. 127/5
- Fourth Wicket: Dwayne Bravo to Ingram, out Caught by Raina!! Catching practice for Raina at extra cover.
- Third wicket: Dwayne Bravo to Pant, out Caught by SN Thakur. Pant depart after 25(16). Delhi 122/4
- 17 runs of Bravo’s over and he’s been dispatched from sight by Delhi. An expansive drive to end the over with a boundary and this is just the over Delhi needed to launch their bid towards a total in excess of 160.
- Second Wicket: OUT! Quicker one by Tahir and it skids onto Iyer’s pads who had no idea who to play that ball. Moved back in the crease, completely cramped for room and it was plumb on his pads. End of an innings that was going nowhere
- First Time Out: Score after 9 overs DC 55-1, Tight over by Jadeja with the pitch offering massive purchase for the slower bowlers. Huge cracks aiding the spinners fully with sharp turn seeing the ball smash into the batsmen at a treacherous pace.
- Powerplay’s ended in Delhi and CSK have pulled things back nicely in the last 2 overs to restrict Delhi to 43-1 after the first 6. Spin’s operating from both ends now and this is the key battle to watch out for in this clash.
- First Wicket: Out! Mistimed by Shaw who fails to connect properly and only ends up sending the ball to the close mid-on region. Soft dismissal and he’s failed to capitalize on a start for the second time in a row.
Chennai Super Kings (Playing XI): Shane Watson, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni(w/c), Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir
Delhi Capitals (Playing XI): Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer(c), Colin Ingram, Rishabh Pant(w), Keemo Paul, Axar Patel, Rahul Tewatia, Amit Mishra, Kagiso Rabada, Ishant Sharma
Delhi Capitals have won the toss and have opted to bat
Match will begin at 8 pm and the toss will be held at 7.30 pm.
Today IPL match live updates DC vs CSK – Preview Highlights:
- The IPL shifts to the capital city on 26th March for the first clash between CSK and DC this season
- Having comprehensively won their opening encounters, both the sides will be looking to continue their winning run on Tuesday. CS had thumped RCB after dismissing them for just 70 in the series opener while DC had put on a mammoth 213 against Mumbai
- The match will begin at 8:00 pm IST with the toss slated for 7:30 pm at the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium
Delhi Capitals (DC)
Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer (c), Colin Ingram, Rishabh Pant (wk), Keemo Paul, Axar Patel, Amit Mishra, Kagiso Rabada, Trent Boult, Ishant Sharma, Colin Munro, Sandeep Lamichhane, Avesh Khan, Rahul Tewatia, Hanuma Vihari, Ankush Bains, Harshal Patel, Jalaj Saxena, Manjot Kalra, Sherfane Rutherford, Nathu Singh, Bandaru Ayyappa.
Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
Shane Watson, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, Faf du Plessis, MS Dhoni (c & wk), Kedar Jadhav, Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir, Murali Vijay, Karn Sharma, David Willey, Shardul Thakur, Sam Billings, Mohit Sharma, Dhruv Shorey, Monu Kumar, Mitchell Santner, Chaitanya Bishnoi, N Jagadeesan, Ruturaj Gaikwad, KM Asif