IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates KKR v DC 26th Match Eden Gardens Kolkata – Delhi won by 7 wkts
Today IPL Match Live Updates KKR v DC 26th Match:
- Delhi won by 7 wkts
Kolkata – 178/7 (20.0 Ovs)
Delhi – 180/3 (18.5 Ovs)
- Six and there couldn’t have been a more expansive way for Delhi to rake up this win. Have completely cleaned up the floor with KKR today, outshining the opposition with both the bat and ball. Such a clinical performance from them, decimating KKR to register a relatively comfortable win by 7 wickets.
- Third Wicket : Nitish Rana to Pant, out Caught by Kuldeep Yadav!! Pant c Kuldeep Yadav b Nitish Rana 46(31) [4s-4 6s-2].
- DC: 163-2 after 17 overs
- DC: 148-2 after 16 overs
- 118-2: Delhi cruising here with some cracker shots. Ripping batting on display and with even Pant having played a good amount of balls, this stand has ensured that the two quick wickets didn’t peg Delhi back. Well on their way to complete a double win against KKR this season and propel themselves up the table
- Delhi are fully in control of this innings. Be it the spinner or the pacers with Dhawan past his fifty and Pant accompanying him ably from the other end, Delhi are enjoying the perfect batting surface. Managing to hit every over for over 10 runs with the score reading 98-2 after 11 overs in their favour
Score after 10 overs, DC 89-2
- 34th fifty for Dhawan!
Score after 8 overs, DC 73-2
- He goes for the big shot and he gets to dissect the deep backward point gap. This is a shot Pant likes playing but it’s often mistimed for him this IPL. Ends Chawla’s over with a 4 though and as spin operates from both the ends, Delhi are doing perfectly to keep up with the target. 72-2
- Powerplay ends and although Delhi have done extremely well to stay well ahead of the asking rate, the two wickets in quick time mean they need this stand to play out an innings of worth. KKR meanwhile introduce spin with Kuldeep
- First Wicket : Shreyas Iyer c Karthik b A Russell 6(6) [4s-1], Extremely disappointing dismissal for Shreyas. A ball that needed to be hit for a boundary yields a wicket for KKR. On his pads, Shreyas tentatively fetches at it and he’s nicked it to Karthik. Delhi lose their second to Russel this time
Score after 5 overs, DC 55-1
- 50 runs up for Delhi. They’ve come in no time at all and Dhawan looks to have finally regained some form. He’s hitting the ball well and as KKR keep going with pace in the overs of field restrictions, Delhi are loving every bit of it. Absolutely delicious batting on display
- First Wicket : Prithvi Shaw c Karthik b Prasidh 14(7) [6s-2], 6 4 . 6 . 1 . W: After losing their review, KKR get a wicket in identical manner. Pitched infront of Shaw, he fails to understand the length of that ball and no feet movement has done him in. Caught by Karthik and he’s out for 14
- Review Lost : Not out. Conclusive evidence not present in the replay and Dhawan keeps his wicket. It was a good delivery, cramped him for room and he’s followed that review up with a six.
- Review taken by KKR. With the way that Delhi have gotten of the blocks here, the need for the opening wicket became one of huge magnitude. There was a sound as the ball went past to the wicket-keeper but the on-field umpire didn’t give it
- 15-0 at the end of the first two overs and Shaw has taken a real liking to Ferguson. Hits him for 14 runs in the over, taking him apart with a six off the last ball and Delhi have begun this chase absolutely perfectly
- Second Inning Start : Prithvi Shaw and Dhawan are at the crease. Prithvi Shaw is on strike. Prasidh will open the attack
- Ishant Sharma: We don’t really expect that in the first over – a wicket off the first ball and a maiden; obviously a good feeling. I’m just taking the confidence from whatever I did in the in the Test series. I have been working hard on my variations. That’s the reason I’m coming out pretty well. (Advice to his batters) Take your time initially, the Kookaburra ball will swing only for two balls. After that, it’s a batsman’s game. Dew will play a big role as well. Sunil Narine is not playing for them.
Score after 20 overs, KKR 178-7
- The end of the 20 overs and with 10 runs off the final over, KKR end their innings at 178-7. It’s an average score and the way Delhi have tightened things in the last couple of overs will leave them extremely delighted. This is a good pitch to amass a bagful of runs and if you apply yourself and get into your groove, your strokeplay will be rewarded in kind.
- Seventh Wicket : Brathwaite c Rahul Tewatia b K Paul 6(7), Out! It’s the end of Braithwaite with the change of pace and the slower wide ball doing him in. Doesn’t get the required power on the pull, mistimes it to go for 6 runs and Delhi have done a brilliant job in pulling things back.
- Sixth Wicket : A Russell c Rabada b Chris Morris 45(21) [4s-3 6s-4], It’s a big wicket for Delhi as Russel’s innings comes to an end. Morris gets the wicket with a full toss, caught to backward point on the boundary and Russel is gone for 45 off 21 balls.
- Score after 18 overs, KKR 160-5
- Two sixes of Rabada sees the tally rise to a colossal 65 runs scored in the last 5 overs. From being ever so perfect in the first half of this innings, Delhi have lost their way owing to wayward bowling. Last 2 overs and things need to be right on the money for them
- 17 gone and it’s a 144-5. Full toss to Russel and you’ll always be hit for a six. Morris commits the mistake, goes the distance and he’s lucky to have gotten away without it being given a no ball. This bowling will leave Delhi is tatters ahead of the final three overs.
- Kolkata – 122/5 (15.1 Ovs)
- Fifth Wicket : Rabada to Karthik, out Caught by Dhawan!! Karthik c Dhawan b Rabada 2(3).
- Fourth Wicket : K Paul to Shubman Gill, THAT’S OUT!! Caught!! Shubman Gill c Axar b K Paul 65(39) [4s-7 6s-2].
- KKR: 111-3 after 14 overs
- 2nd IPL fifty for Gill! First innings as an opener and he’s grabbed the opportunity.
- Third Wicket : Morris has finally gotten a wicket. He’s had such a horrid time today and this over was bound to be another horrendous over with Nitish hitting him for a six. Tried to heave the ball again and Morris cleans him up for 11 runs. 93-3
- 86-2 at 12 overs. Just the single spinner for Delhi at the moment and they should be looking to incur another slower bowler in at this moment. The are functioning flawlessly at this surface as the ball grips and turns and Delhi need to go forward with this gameplan.
- Halfway stage and this fixture is tentatively poised. Topsy turvy encounter and it’s swinging in both the hands. Definitely slightly in Delhi’s favour though with their bowlers delivery a solid showing in this encounter as they bowl well in unison
- KKR: 64-2 after 9 overs
- Second Wicket : The traveling side have finally gotten the wicket they were yearning for. Rabada strikes, gets Robin to nick the ball to Pant and he’s got to lose his way for 28 runs. 63-2 and Delhi need to make the most of the momentum garnered here.
- KKR: 62-1 after 8 overs
- 50 run partnership between Gill and Robin and for Delhi, the need of the time is getting a breakthrough. Morris has been extremely ineffective today, failing to find his rhythm and time to get the spinners on and bring something different into the mix.
- We break for the end of the powerplay and after a difficult start, this partnership has made full use of the good batting conditions. Pace on the bat once connected properly is seeing the ball take no time in finding the fence. 41-1
- End of 3 overs and KKR have managed to reach 17-1. Morris’ second allowed both these to get off mark before Ishant resonated the same trajectory as his first to only give away six runs in his second. Change up for Delhi sees Rabada come on with the surface clearly seeing the ball frisk around for the pacers.
- KKR: 11-1 after 2 overs
- First Wicket: Could you believe it? First ball, the ball comes inswinging into Denly whose playing his first match and completely caught him unaware. Perfectly placed first delivery and he’s gone for a royal 0.
- Denly and Shubman Gill are at the crease. Denly is on strike. Ishant will open the attack.
- Kolkata Knight Riders (Playing XI): Joe Denly, Robin Uthappa, Nitish Rana, Dinesh Karthik(w/c), Shubman Gill, Andre Russell, Carlos Brathwaite, Piyush Chawla, Kuldeep Yadav, Lockie Ferguson, Prasidh Krishna
- Delhi Capitals (Playing XI): Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer(c), Rishabh Pant(w), Colin Ingram, Chris Morris, Axar Patel, Rahul Tewatia, Keemo Paul, Kagiso Rabada, Ishant Sharma
- Delhi Capitals have won the toss and have opted to field
Today IPL match live updates DC v KKR – Preview Highlights:
- KKR and DC will play against each on April 12 at 8:00 pm IST
- The toss is slated for 7:30 pm, at the same time the team news will be announced. Star Sports 1,2, Hindi, Select HD 1/HD will broadcast the 26th match in the league
- The last time the two sides have clashed heads in the tournament, Delhi had managed to come out with a win in the super over with Rabada defending 11 runs
- Delhi sit on sixth place with 6 points while KKR have 8 points with 4 wins and 2 defeats
Must Read: IPL 2019 Points Table
KKR: Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine, Robin Uthappa, Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Dinesh Karthik, Andre Russell, Kuldeep Yadav, Piyush Chawla, Prasidh Krishna, Gurney
DC: Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer, Colin Ingram, Kasigo Rabada, Rishabh Pant, Sandeep Lamicchane, Ishant Sharma, Axar Patel, Amit Mishra/Ishant Sharma, Chris Morris