IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates KXIP v KKR 52nd Match PCA IS Bindra Stadium Mohali, Kolkata won by 7 wkts.
Today IPL Match Live Updates KXIP v KKR 52nd Match:
- Kolkata won by 7 wkts
Punjab – 183/6 (20.0 Ovs)
Kolkata – 185/3 (18.0 Ovs)
- KOLKATA 151/3 (15.0) CRR: 10.07 REQ: 6.6 Kolkata need 33 runs in 30 balls
- 15 Over: 50 run partnership for the third wicket as well and Punjab have been completely wiped out here. Obilerated with each and every bowler going for runs, no one interested in putting in a decisive performance and as atleast one boundary comes in each over, the equations stands at a maligned 34 off 31 against the home side
- Third Wicket : A Russell c Tye b Shami 24(14) [4s-2 6s-2]
- Shami shows all his guile and trickery and he’s gotten rid of Russell. Used the shorter ball against him, one he completely failed to get under and as Tye picks up the catch to send him back for 24 can Punjab turn their fortunes around here?
- KOLKATA 145/2 (14.0) CRR: 10.36 REQ: 6.5 Kolkata need 39 runs in 36 balls
- 14 Over: Gill finally delivers for his side. His brought his half-century here and as Russell is dropped, that might just be the match along with it for the Kings. An easy catch for Mayank, one he makes a meal of and as the ball goes for a six as well, KKR need just 39 in the last 6 overs.
- END OF OVER:13 | 18 Runs | KKR: 128/2 (56 runs required from 42 balls, RR: 9.84, RRR: 8.00)
- KOLKATA 110/2 (12.0) CRR: 9.17 REQ: 9.25 Kolkata need 74 runs in 48 balls
- END OF OVER:11 | 4 Runs 1 Wkt | KKR: 102/2 (82 runs required from 54 balls, RR: 9.27, RRR: 9.11)
- Second Wicket ; RV Uthappa c Agarwal b R Ashwin 22 (14b 2×4 1×6) SR: 157.14
- Over 11: Ashwin gets Robin to go but Punjab are well behind the chase at the moment. KKR are well on top at the moment as Punjab fail to put a halt on the runs. Only wickets can save them at the moment with Russell and Karthik yet to make an entry over here.
- KOLKATA 98/1 (10.0) CRR: 9.8 REQ: 8.6 Kolkata need 86 runs in 60 balls
- END OF OVER:9 | 17 Runs | KKR: 90/1 (94 runs required from 11 overs, RR: 10.00, RRR: 8.54)
- END OF OVER:8 | 4 Runs | KKR: 73/1 (111 runs required from 12 overs, RR: 9.12, RRR: 9.25)
- END OF OVER:7 | 7 Runs | KKR: 69/1 (115 runs required from 13 overs, RR: 9.85, RRR: 8.84)
- END OF OVER:6 | 15 Runs 1 Wkt | KKR: 62/1 (122 runs required from 14 overs, RR: 10.33, RRR: 8.71)
- First Wicket : Tye to Lynn, OUT, short, and he has top-edged this. It goes up, and Tye picks up the return catch! CA Lynn c & b Tye 46 (22b 5×4 3×6) SR: 209.09
- Lynn misses out on his half-century here. Ends up giving the ball straight to last year’s purple cap winner, Tye who makes no mistake in taking the catch. It couldn’t have come at a better moment for the hosts, right at the dearth of the powerplay. Lynn misses out on his 50 though as he goes for 46
- KOLKATA 47/0 (5.0) CRR: 9.4 REQ: 9.13 Kolkata need 137 runs in 90 balls
- Lynn, KKR’s solid player at the top has come up with another innings of worth over here. He’s not afraid to take on the bowlers and as KXIP revert to their over fillers, the runs have started coming thick and fast for the visiting side who are completely on top at the end of the field restrictions. 62-1
- END OF OVER:4 | 15 Runs | KKR: 35/0 (149 runs required from 16 overs, RR: 8.75, RRR: 9.31)
- In Shami and Arshdeep, Punjab is presently implying their biggest wicket takers at the moment. These are the exceptional pacers for them, one’s who can induce early breakthroughs. KKR finding it tough to take them apart at the moment with 33-0 after 4 overs
- END OF OVER:3 | 7 Runs | KKR: 20/0 (164 runs required from 17 overs, RR: 6.66, RRR: 9.64)
- Lynn and Gill to open for KKR today who have puzzlingly been unable to settle down on an opening spot for so long now. With wickets at regular intervals their main bone of contention, these two are doing well to negate Punjab’s threat at the moment. 20-3 in 3 overs
- END OF OVER:2 | 10 Runs | KKR: 13/0 (171 runs required from 18 overs, RR: 6.50, RRR: 9.50)
- KOLKATA 3/0 (1.0) CRR: 3 REQ: 9.53 Kolkata need 181 runs
- Shubman Gill and Chris Lynn are at the crease. Shubman Gill is on strike. Shami will open the attack
- Second Inning Start : Welcome back for the chase. The local lad, Gill walks out with the man from Brisbane, Lynn. The opening partnership will be crucial for KKR.
- ** Fastest individual fifty in IPL 2019 – for KXIP:
23 – Sam Curran – KXIP v KKR (Mohali) – tonight
25 – Chris Gayle (69) – vs DC (Delhi)
28 – Mayank Agarwal (58) – vs KKR (Kolkata)
28 – Chris Gayle (99*) – vs RCB (Mohali)
- ** Fastest individual fifty in IPL 2019:
17 – Hardik Pandya (91) – MI v KKR (Kolkata)
18 – Risbabh Pant (78*) – DC v MI (Mumbai)
21 – Andre Russell (65) – KKR v RCB (Kolkata)
22 – Kieron Pollard (83) – MI v KXIP (Mumbai)
23 – Andre Russell (62) – KKR v DC (Delhi)
23 – Sam Curran – KXIP v KKR (Mohali) – tonight
24 – David Warner (50) – SRH v CSK (Hyderabad)
24 – Moeen Ali (66) – RCB v KKR (Kolkata)
- PUNJAB 183/6 (20.0) CRR: 9.15
- It’s been a knock to behold from Curran here. A complete onslaught, one that has decimated KKR in the death overs, completely dwindling and crumbling them. Clean hitting by him, sees him reach his half-century and score 180 in the progress.
- PUNJAB 161/6 (19.0) CRR: 8.47
- Over 19: Only Curran the one here who is interested in playing out an innings of worth for his side. The lower middle-order has been an aberration for the Punjab based franchisee and in Curran they have found someone who is waging a battle from one end.
- Sixth Wicket : R Ashwin b Russell 0 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
- One thing is safe to say. Ashwin needs to get all idea out of his head that he can bat. He’s gone for 0 for the umpteenth time this tournament, cleaned up by Russel and Punjab are starting to lose their way here.
- END OF OVER:18 | 4 Runs 1 Wkt | KXIP: 151/5 | RR: 8.38
- Fifth Wicket : Mandeep Singh c Uthappa b Gurney 25 (17b 1×4 1×6) SR: 147.05
- Punjab – 132/4 (16.0 Ovs) CRR: 8.25 Mandeep 22 Sam Curran 9
- Punjab – 118/4 (14.4 Ovs) CRR: 8.05 Mandeep* 14 Sam Curran 3.
- Samuel Matthew Curran (born 3 June 1998) is an English cricketer, who plays for Surrey and England. Curran is a left-handed batsman and left-arm medium-fast bowler. The ICC named Curran as one of the five breakout stars in men’s cricket in 2018 and the 2019 edition of Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack chose him as one of their five Cricketers of the Year. He is the youngest bowler to take a hat-trick in an IPL match, at the age of 20.
- Punjab – 111/4 (13.3 Ovs)
- Fourth Wicket : Narine to Mandeep, out Agarwal Run Out!! 1 run completed. Agarwal run out (Rinku Singh/Narine) 36(26) [4s-2 6s-1]
- 100 up for Punjab and if they can construct another well crafted innings here, one that gives nothing away to KKR, they can take this total beyond 180. It’s been a topsy turvy match till now, one poised finally in the balance at 109-3 in 13 overs
- KXIP: 100-3 after 12 overs
- Third Wicket : Massive setback this for Punjab here. The wicket of Pooran for 48 will thwart the resiliance the home side were showing with each passing over. This is a huge wicket for KKR as the wicket-keeper goes without managing to reach his 50, caught by Sandeep as he tried to pull another to the boundary
- Over 10: This partnership was everything that Punjab needed at the moment. After having settled in the beginning, they’re now playing their shots, making full use of the batting friendly conditions at hand. It’s a stand that has brought Punjab right back into the match with Pooran on 48. 84-2
- KXIP: 73-2 after 9 overs
- Nicholas Pooran (born 2 October 1995) is a Trinidadian cricketer who plays for Trinidad and Tobago in West Indian domestic matches and for the Red Steel in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL). As of the 2014 season, he is the youngest player to have appeared in CPL matches.
- KXIP: 68-2 after 8 overs
- Powerplay Update: Finally an over that sees some sort of runs come in for Punjab. After KKR’s wrecked havoc, it’s all about stabalising things from here on and ensuring that further wickets don’t tumble in the time to come. 41-2 at the end of 6 overs.
- KXIP: 28-2 after 5 overs
- Punjab – 22/2 (4.2 Ovs)
- Second Wicket : Punjab have lost Gayle. He tried to pull at a delivery that never bounced, a false shot in which he never managed to get under the ball. As we walks back for the 14 runs, the Punjab side are left in tatters inside the field restrictions with both their openers departing cheaply
- Punjab – 13/1 (2.3 Ovs)
- First Wicket : KL Rahul falls to the slower delivery that came back into him. Just a tentative jab at the ball, one that could only go as far as Lynn’s hands. He was looking to play out another indulgent innings but fortunately for his side he’s gone early on without wasting too many balls for 2.
- Over 2: Gurney the only bowler here who can thwart Punjab’s quest to put on a massive score and the home side is ensuring that they see his overs out carefully with the ball frisking around. 13-0 after 2 overs
- First inning starts : Gayle and Rahul are at the crease. Gayle is on strike. Warrier will open the attack
- Kings XI Punjab (Playing XI): Lokesh Rahul, Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, Nicholas Pooran, Ravichandran Ashwin(c), Sam Curran, Simran Singh(w), Murugan Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Andrew Tye.
- Kolkata Knight Riders (Playing XI): Sunil Narine, Chris Lynn, Shubman Gill, Robin Uthappa, Nitish Rana, Dinesh Karthik(w/c), Andre Russell, Rinku Singh, Piyush Chawla, Sandeep Warrier, Harry Gurney
- Kolkata Knight Riders have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today IPL match KXIP vs KKR match preview highlights:
- The Kings XI Punjab will move back to their home comfort when they take on KKR in one last bid to push their challenge forward for a last 4 finish
- Having lost their previous 3 encounters, the Punjab based franchise have slumped all the way down to the perilous 7th position after sitting the top half at the beginning of the season
- The match will begin at 8:00pm with the toss slated for 7:30pm. Star Sports 1,2, Select HD 1, Hindi/HD will broadcast the encounter
Must Read: IPL 2019 Points Table
KXIP: Chris Gayle, KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Sarfaraz Khan, Nicholas Pooran, David Miller, Sam Curran, Ravichandran Ashwin(c), Murugan Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh
KKR: Shubman Gill, Chris Lynn, Nitish Rana, Andre Russell, Dinesh Karthik(C and WK), Rinku Singh, Sunil Narine, Kuldeep Yadav, Harry Gurney and Sandeep Warrier