IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates KXIP v RCB 28th Match IS Bindra Stadium Mohali. – Bangalore won by 8 wkts
Today IPL Match Live Updates KXIP v RCB 28th Match:
- Bangalore won by 8 wkts
Punjab – 173/4 (20.0 Ovs)
Bangalore – 174/2 (19.2 Ovs)
- Bangalore need 20 runs in 12 balls, RCB: 154-2 after 18 overs
- 50 for AB de Villiers with a quickly taken single. He was too fast and with it he reaches a symbolic milestone. Well constructed innings, in which he initially played the role of batting around Kohli before finally opening his arms to show his undoubtable class and grace
- Bangalore – 128/2 (15.4 Ovs)
- Second Wicket : Out! Shami back into the attack and he delivers. Kohli hit that so cleanly, getting to the pitch of the ball delightfully but unfortunately he ended up finding the fielder at the square legside region. He’s played a match winning innings though as he goes back for 67.
- Most partnership runs in IPL:
2788 V Kohli & AB de Villiers*
2787 V Kohli & C Gayle
2357 D Warner & S Dhawan
1906 G Gambhir & R Uthappa
- Marauding and riveting batting by Kohli and AB de Villiers. When they’re in such magnanimous form, you just can’t put a stop to them no matter what. Taking their side to a enchanting win at 126-1 at the 15 over mark.
- RCB have managed to half the runs required at the halfway stage of 10 overs. With 88-1, a further 86 runs are required to finally get their sojourn this season underway. With the way this duo has obilerated everything from their sight, it looks certain they’ll imbed a win here
- Time-out! No major troubles for the duo. RCB: 80-1 after 9 overs
- 63-1 with 9 runs off the last over of the powerplay. While RCB have come out of the blocks in double quick time, what also bodes for them the form Virat Kohli is showing. He’s batting in a way only the masterclass can and being the mainstay of his side will be looking to take centrestage yet again.
- Bangalore – 49/1 (4.2 Ovs)
- First Wicket : RCB lose Patel cheaply. The wicket-keeper fails to get going, giving his wicket to Ashwin with Mayank picking up the catch. 45-1 at the stage he goes for 19 runs and as AB de Villiers steps out, everything rests on this partnership for RCB. This is a make or break period today for them.
- RCB: 21-0 after 2 overs
- Second Wicket : Parthiv Patel and Kohli are at the crease. Parthiv Patel is on strike. Sam Curran will open the attack.
- Innings Break
Punjab – 173/4 (20.0 Ovs)
- 173-4 is what Punjab have managed to put up. Needing 10 runs for his century in the last over, Gayle manages to hit the concluding ball for a four, leaving him on 99. It’s the fourth wicket stand that has done the trick for Punjab, getting them to a target of note. Meanwhile, Siraj deserves special recognition for getting another 50.
- KXIP: 162-4 after 19 overs
- KXIP: 127-4 after 16 overs
- KXIP: 114-4 after 14 overs
- Fourth Wicket : No doubt about it. Right infront as Curran tries to go for something different and this is the latest one to depart without impressing. Umpire had no hesitations to make that call and as Curran departs for 1, it’s all falling apart for Punjab.
- KXIP: 110-3 after 13 overs
- Third Wicket : Sarfaraz the latest to walk. The middle-order is imploding for Punjab with the entire batsmen just getting starts rather than converting them. Out for 15 with the shorter pitched ball doing him in and as he tries to pull, the ball only goes as far Patel. Can’t believe we’re describing Siraj taking a wicket.
- Over 10 Update: 90-2 with the last 4 overs seeing just 30 runs scored and the 2 wickets in them. Have to give RCB credit for their immense fighting spirit after being cleaned out in the first 6 overs.
- KXIP: 86-2 after 9 overs
- Second Wicket : There was drift and turn by that delivery from Chahal and as the ball came back towards Mayank, he was caught completely out of his depth. Goes onto crash into his wickets and Chahal has picked up his second with Mayank gone for 15 then
- 50 up for Gayle. After being uncertain for this match with a back injury, he’s played and he’s scored a half-century for his side. Also, what his clean hitting against the pacers has done is to allow him to build an innings out slowly against the slower bowlers.
- Punjab – 67/1 (6.3 Ovs)
- First Wicket : He’s gone! KL Rahul tries to step out and as the ball spins away from him he’s left caught unaware. Stumped by Patel, bowled by Chahal and Punjab won’t be dejected with the wicket. It was an innings that was going nowhere, only pushing them back in their quest for a big total.
- KXIP: 60-0 after 6 overs
- Everything in Gayle at the moment with Rahul deciding to get runs for his own gain rather than actually helping his side out. On such a spectacular batting wicket, RCB’s pacers have tightened the screws on the hosts. 26-0 after 4 overs.
- KXIP: 26-0 after 4 overs
- KXIP: 2-0 after 1 over
- First Inning Starts : Rahul and Gayle are at the crease. Rahul is on strike. U Yadav will open the attack.
- Kings XI Punjab (Playing XI): Lokesh Rahul, Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, Sarfaraz Khan, Nicholas Pooran(w), Mandeep Singh, Sam Curran, Ravichandran Ashwin(c), Andrew Tye, Mohammed Shami, Murugan Ashwin
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (Playing XI): Parthiv Patel(w), Virat Kohli(c), AB de Villiers, Marcus Stoinis, Moeen Ali, Akshdeep Nath, Pawan Negi, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Siraj
- Royal Challengers Bangalore have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today IPL match live updates RCB v KXIP – Preview Highlights:
- KXIP and RCB will play against each on April 13 at 8:00 pm IST.
- The toss is slated for 7:30 pm, at the same time the team news will be announced. Star Sports 1,2, Hindi, Select HD 1/HD will broadcast the 28th match in the league.
Must Read: IPL 2019 Points Table