IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates KXIP v SRH 22nd Match IS Bindra Stadium Mohali – Punjab won by 6 wkts.
Today IPL Match Live Updates KXIP v SRH 22nd Match:
- Punjab won by 6 wkts
Hyderabad – 150/4 (20.0 Ovs)
Punjab – 151/4 (19.5 Ovs)
- Fourth Wicket : Out Caught by Hooda!! Mandeep c Hooda b S Kaul 2(3)
KXIP: 140-4 after 19 overs.
- Punjab need 15 runs in 11 balls
Hyderabad – 150/4 (20.0 Ovs)
Punjab – 136/3 (18.1 Ovs)
- Third Wicket : It’s only got elevation but no distance on it. Slower one by Sandeep, Miller tried to hit it for a six and he’s only managed to hole it out right towards the straight boundary. Ends his innings for one run and this approach to end matches flamboyantly has left sides in tatters this season.
- Second Wicket : SRH finally have their second wicket of the night. Sandeep the one who gets Mayank out for 55 after he tried to end things here with a big shot. Unfortunately for SRH all the work has already been laid out by Punjab who will eventually walk their way to a wib. 132/2
- KXIP: 132-1 after 17 overs
- Punjab need 24 runs in 21 balls.
- 5th IPL fifty for Mayank Agarwal!
- 50 for KL Rahul. The 100 comes up on the scoreboard as well for Punjab and their rampant and compelling showing with the bat has seen them imbed a match winning performance. Just the 49 runs needed in 7 overs now.
- At the halfway stage, it’s Punjab who have a strong hold in this encounter. The 50 run partnership has come up as well for the second wicket and the hosts are slowly and steadily moving on towards the target at hand. 69-1 after 10 overs.
- Time for the strategic timeout with Punjab sitting at 62-1 in 9 overs. Not the most fluent of innings but importantly this partnership and Mayank essentially are slowly and steadily ensuring that the home side keep up with the chase. Only wickets can turn this match around for SRH.
- KXIP: 55-1 after 8 overs
- 6: 38/1: Powerplay is beyond us in Punjab’s innings and this partnership is finding going jittery. Got a much needed six off Nabi’s first over but with SRH having such a well rounded up batting line-up, they need to ensure this is a regular feature for them.
- KXIP: 24-1 after 4 overs
- First Wicket : Rashid comes in and he’s picked up a wicket with his first ball. Gayle who has ways struggled against spin fails on the first delivery of the slower stuff itself, trying to go for the expansive shot to only find Deepak in the straighter boundary to walk back for 16.
- KXIP: 9-0 after 2 overs
- Good first over by Bhuvneshwar and SRH will be wishing Sandeep from the other end can keep things tight as well. The wicket of Gayle would be a massive bonus for them and they’ll be eyeing to keep him under the pump especially with him liking to play slowly early on
- Gayle vs SRH bowlers :
Bhuvi: 125 runs, 88 balls, One dismissal
S Sharma: 58 runs, 53 balls, Four dismissals
- Second Inning Starts :
Innings Break SRH: 150-4 after 20 overs
- Last over and SRH have lost a wicket on the first ball itself. Good field placement by Shami, perfectly executing the delivery. Shorter pitched stuff Mandey tried to pull it and it goes only as far as Karun in the square region. End of his innings for 19 runs.
- 122-3 after 18 overs and this over perfectly sums up SRH’s display with the bat today. It was a lackluster over by Ankit, spraying the ball in all the hitting zones along with two full tosses but it goes for just 8 runs.
- SRH: 104-3 after 16 overs
- 50 for Warner. It’s his seventh consecutive 50 against Punjab and with it the 100 come up for SRH. It’s been a relatively slower innings from him today and he’ll be looking to make the most of the death overs now. Expect the message from the team management as we break for the timeout
- 92-3 at the 15th over stage. Languishing innings by SRH and if they can’t manage to score atleast 60 runs in the final 5 overs, it’s safe to say that the match is well beyond them. Need something big from anywhere.
- SRH: 88-3 after 14 overs
- Third Wicket : Nabi goes for 12 runs, run out by Ashwin. There couldn’t have been a worse way to get out with Warner hitting the ball straight to Ashwin who caught Nabi out of his crease. He departs for 12 and Ashwin has run-out a non-striker yet again this season, albeit in a fair way this time
- Second Wicket : Out! Shankar’s disappointing innings finally comes to an end. 27 ball 26 run inning and he’s failed to convert a start yet another. Edged Ashwin’s straighter delivery into Rahul’s gloves and SRH are 56-2.
- 50-1 at the end of 10 overs for SRH. Brilliant bowling by Punjab has made it a tricky proposition to score runs for this partnership which is going nowhere at the moment. Excellent performance with the entire bowling unit bowling well in unison.
- 27-1 at the end of the powerplay overs. Punjab are completely on top, having caught up SRH completely in their trap with delightful wicket to wicket bowling.
- SRH: 25-1 after 5 overs, Ball is swinging a bit. In these conditions Sam Curran should open with the ball.
- SRH: 11-1 after 2 overs
First Wicket : Out! Big blow for SRH this as Bairstow falls for the solitary run. This is the sixth time he’s fallen to spin and as he tried to flick Mujeeb around the legside, he only managed to hit it as far as Ashwin.
Warner and Bairstow are at the crease. Warner is on strike. Rajpoot will open the attack.
KXIP vs SRH
Since 2015: SRH 7 – 1 KXIP
In Mohali: SRH 4 – 1 KXIP
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (Playing XI): David Warner, Jonny Bairstow(w), Vijay Shankar, Manish Pandey, Deepak Hooda, Yusuf Pathan, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar(c), Siddarth Kaul, Sandeep Sharma
- Kings XI Punjab (Playing XI): Lokesh Rahul(w), Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, Sarfaraz Khan, David Miller, Mandeep Singh, Sam Curran, Ravichandran Ashwin(c), Ankit Rajpoot, Mohammed Shami, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- Kings XI Punjab have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today IPL match live updates SRH v KXIP – Preview Highlights:
- The match will be broadcasted on Star Sports 1, Hindi/HD at 8:00 pm with the toss and team news set to take place at 7:30 pm
Probable Playing XI
KXIP: KL Rahul, Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, Sarfaraz Khan, David Miller, Mandeep Singh, Sam Curran, Ravichandran Ashwin (captain), Andrew Tye, Murugan Ashwin, Mohammed Shami.
SRH: David Warner, Jonny Bairstow, Vijay Shankar, Manish Pandey, Deepak Hooda, Yusuf Pathan, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar (c), Sandeep Sharma, Siddarth Kaul.