IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates MI v RCB 31st Match Wankhede Stadium Mumbai – Mumbai won by 5 wkts.
Today IPL Match Live Updates MI v RCB 31st Match:
- Mumbai won by 5 wkts
Bangalore – 171/7 (20.0 Ovs)
Mumbai – 172/5 (19.0 Ovs)
- 119-3 after 14 overs and spin has brought this match at a tantalizing stage. From being completely boulted out of the encounter, RCB have shown amazing fighting spirit to comeback in supreme fashion. A partnership that is failing to flourish sees RCB mount a real bid for the in.
- Third Wicket : It’s turned the wrong way and Ishan has lost his wicket. Spin strikes yet again for RCB with Chahal getting the third. He gave it air, tossing the delivery, seeing it drift away from Ishan who was caught a huge distance out of his crease. Stumped by Patel for 21.
- 100 up for Mumbai at the 10 over mark. Exceptional batting by them to ensure that the run rate keeps passing successfully and going at a healthy rate. RCB in massive need of wicket otherwise this match is done and dusted.
- MI: 87-2 after 9 overs
- It’s 2 in 2 for Moeen and RCB have right back into this encounter. The timeout doing the trick yet again as RCB come bouncing back ruthlessly and relentless and this over has seen them establish resurgence in the match. Quinton de Kock LBW for 40 and Rohit bowled for 28
- Powerplay Update: Going into the stratergic timeout, it couldn’t have come at a better time for RCB who are losing grips of this match with each passing over. Going above 11 runs per over, MI have stamped their authority with sublime and graceful batting in the opening part. 67-0 after 6 overs.
- MI: 9-0 after 1 over
- Second Inning Starts : de Kock and Rohit are at the crease. de Kock is on strike. U Yadav will open the attack
- Innings Break
Bangalore – 171/7 (20.0 Ovs)
- Overthrow of the last ball sees RCB manage to come back and scamper ahead of 170. With the way AB de Villiers was batting ahead of the final over, RCB will be ruing the fact that inexperience has cost them a crucial 10 runs here. Well shot of the average score and with a bowling unit that isn’t determined or gritty, Mumbai hold the upper hand in this encounter.
- Seventh Wicket : out Caught by de Kock!! Negi c de Kock b Malinga 0(2).
- Sixth Wicket : Out Caught by de Kock!! Akshdeep Nath c de Kock b Malinga 2(3)
- Fifth Wicket : de Villiers de Villiers run out (Pollard) 75(51) [4s-6 6s-4].
- Bangalore – 161/4 (18.5 Ovs)
- Fourth Wicket : Out Caught by Rohit!! Stoinis c Rohit b Malinga 0(2).
- Third Wicket : Out! Just after reaching his half-century, the slower worked delivering bowled at length and dipping into him sees him hole out to the square legside region. Failed to get under the ball, missed the needed power on it and he’s out caught by Pandya, bowled by Malinga for 50 off 32 balls. Leaves the 100 run stand short by 5 runs.
- RCB: 136-2 after 16 overs
- 119-2 as Moeen ends the 15th over with a six. RCB making full use of the platform that was laid by them to thwart the slower stuff that it being thrown at them nonchalentily now. With a penchant for the big shots and an eye for the boundary always, AB de Villiers holds the key here for the visiting side.
- Over 12: 86-2 and spin is playing more a role here than we had fathomed. The slow is keeping low and turning sharply and this is not a completely flat and placid track as is usually expected out of the Wankhede Stadium. What is good for RCB though is that AB de Villiers is completely in his groove.
- Halfway mark and RCB are struggling to resonate the batting performances that finally opened their encounter last time around. At just 70-2 after the first 10 overs, this vigil is proving to be a tough ask for them on a wicket where defending anything under 180 is going to be a traversity.;
- RCB: 49-2 after 7 overs
- Second Wicket : Hardik Pandya to Parthiv Patel, out Caught by Suryakumar Yadav!! Parthiv Patel c Suryakumar Yadav b Hardik Pandya 28(20) [4s-4 6s-1]
- Powerplay has come to a culmination here and Patel the one doing the bulk of the scoring here as AB de Villiers look to play the foundation role from the other end. In just 2 overs, Bumrah has been profoundly good, traversing all the right areas on the surface to keep the score to 45-1.
- First Wicket : OUT! Just on the day India’s team for the world cup was announced, the country’s skipper goes early. Tightening the screws on RCB, Behrendorff’s back off the length delivery sees Kolhi try to flick it only to find Quinton de Kock.
- 12-0 after the second over. A quite start for RCB at the Wankhede Stadium as just 5 come off Malinga’s first over on the virtue of a shoulder injury to Joseph.
- RCB: 7-0 after 1 over
- First Inning Starts : Parthiv Patel and Kohli are at the crease. Parthiv Patel is on strike. Behrendorff will open the attack.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (Playing XI): Parthiv Patel(w), Virat Kohli(c), AB de Villiers, Marcus Stoinis, Moeen Ali, Akshdeep Nath, Pawan Negi, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Siraj
- Mumbai Indians (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Quinton de Kock, Suryakumar Yadav, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Ishan Kishan(w), Krunal Pandya, Rahul Chahar, Jason Behrendorff, Lasith Malinga, Jasprit Bumrah
- Mumbai Indians have won the toss and have opted to field
Today IPL match live updates RCB v MI – Preview Highlights:
- MI and RCB will play against each on April 15 at 8:00 pm IST
- The toss is slated for 7:30 pm, at the same time the team news will be announced. Star Sports 1,2, Hindi, Select HD 1/HD will broadcast the 31st match in the league
Must Read: IPL 2019 Points Table