IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates MI v RR 27th Match Wankhede Stadium Mumbai – Rajasthan won by 4 wkts
Today IPL Match Live Updates MI v RR 27th Match:
Rajasthan won by 4 wkts
Mumbai – 187/5 (20.0 Ovs)
Rajasthan – 188/6 (19.3 Ovs)
- Rajasthan Royals will be breathing a massive sigh of relief. Just the moment Pandya came to bowl, it was well aware that this match was going to swing Rajasthan’s way. It does with a boundary but it wasn’t without breaking a sweat for the visitors. Almost gave it away after cruising to a win at one stage.
- Sixth Wicket : Bumrah to Smith, out Caught by Ishan Kishan!! Smith c Ishan Kishan b Bumrah 12(15) [4s-1].
- RR: 174-5 after 18 over
- Fifth Wicket : 17.6 Krunal Pandya to Livingstone, out Bowled!! Livingstone b Krunal Pandya 1(2)
- Fourth Wicket : What is wrong with Rajasthan? They’re making tougher than they actually should end up being for themselves as Tripathi decides to lose his wicket for the single run. Picked up by Pandya and the visitors are looking at a jittery finish.
- RR: 171-3 after 17 overs
- Third Wicket : Review taken by RR: Bumrah strikes with replays showing the ball was going onto hit leg stump. Looked a clear and obvious decisions and RR just took it cause they a review pending. Sampson goes for 31 off 26 balls.
- 15: 158-2 with 5 singles off the 15th. As we head towards the last 5, Sampson and Smith just need to keep a level head and comfortably see this lowly target out now. No need to do anything untoward and throw your wicket away.
- Second Wicket : Finally! Up in the air, Buttler fails to get the elevation on it and as the ball hovers in the air for a long time, Suryakumar gets the catch. End of a well worked innings of 89 off 43 balls means Rajasthan sit well on top. That’s how you single handily win a match for your side.
- RR: 146-1 after 13 overs
- Rajasthan need 79 runs in 53 balls
Mumbai – 187/5 (20.0 Ovs)
Rajasthan – 109/1 (11.1 Ovs)
- Fifty for buttler.
- Both the symbolic milestones have been reached by Rajasthan as we go into 10 overs. The 100 up for them along with the 50 for Buttler as well. Showing why this wicket is such a marvelous one to bat one, with the ball coming on ever so sweetly on the bat. You just need to connect and time it properly and it will go to the boundary more often that not.
- RR: 64-1 after 7 overs
- First Wicket : Out Caught by Suryakumar Yadav!! Gone! Rahane c Suryakumar Yadav b Krunal Pandya 37(21) [4s-6 6s-1].
- Second highest PP score for RR this season after 64/0 vs KXIP in Jaipur.
- Mumbai struggling with the way their pacers have persistently failed to hit the right spots. On such a fine batting track, there’s no margin for error and as even Bumrah begins his spell with a 10 run over, RR are on 59-0. Timeout taken to try and incurr a different startergy.
- 49-0 at the end of 5 overs as RR match Mumbai’s opening stand shot for shot. Rahane is surprisingly playing a good knock here, finding it extremely easy to find the boundary with the way Joseph has bowled at him. This chase looks set to go down to the last over.
- Bumrah to Buttler in all T20s:
- RR: 32-0 after 4 overs
- Rajasthan – 4/0 (1 Ovs)
- Highest targets successfully chased at Wankhede (IPL):
198 MI vs KXIP 2019
195 DD vs MI, 2018
190 MI vs RR, 2014
184 CSK vs MI, 2015
183 KTK vs MI, 2011
Second Inning Starts : Rahane and Buttler are at the crease. Rahane is on strike. Behrendorff will open the attack.
Mumbai – 187/5 (20.0 Ovs)
- Fifth Wicket : Straight to logoff and the Mumbai Indians lose another. Buttler gets his third catch of the day after Ishan fails to make the most of a full toss by Unadkat. False shot and it’s a soft dismissal
- Mumbai – 163/4 (18.3 Ovs)
- Fourth Wicket : Jofra Archer to de Kock, out Caught by Buttler!! de Kock c Buttler b Jofra Archer 81(52) [4s-6 6s-4].
- Mumbai – 138/3 (16.3 Ovs)
- Third Wicket : Running backwards and the catch is held onto by Shreyas. Pollard completely failed to get going down and as he’s cramped for room, he only manages to hole it out as he mistimes the shot. Goes for just the 6 runs and Archer picks up another.
- Over 15 Update: With just the 2 runs off the 15th over and Pollard struggling massively against spin, what looked set to be a massive target has been contained. Ahead of the final 5 overs, something needs to give for Mumbai to take them past the finishing line.
- Mumbai – 118/2 (13.2 Ovs)
- Second Wicket : D Kulkarni to Suryakumar Yadav, out Bowled!! Bowled ’em! ‘You miss, I hit’ stuff. Suryakumar Yadav b D Kulkarni 16(10) [6s-1].
- Mumbai – 102/1 (11.4 Ovs)
- Eighth IPL fifty for de Kock .
- Longest streak without a 50+ score for Rohit Sharma (IPL)
22 Apr 2009 – Apr 2010
13 May 2018 – Apr 2019 *
12 May 2013 – Apr 2014
- First Wicket : Jofra Archer to Rohit, out Caught by Buttler!! Rohit c Buttler b Jofra Archer 47(32) [4s-6 6s-1].
- MI: 92-0 after 10 overs
- 76-0: Mumbai doing extremely well to emulate the same marauding form that took them to such a colossal score in the field restrictions. As spin comes on for Rajasthan again, the travails are many for the visiting side. Finding it impossible to contain these two.
- Second highest powerplay score for MI this year after 62 against KXIP in Mohali.
- Powerplay Update: Both Rohit and Quinton have been allowed to settle into the middle as Rajasthan keep chopping and changing after every bowler has been completely thwarted and decimated. 57-0 means Mumbai are off to a luscious start here as we go into the timeout.
- MI: 53-0 after 5 overs
- MI: 41-0 after 4 overs
- MI: 5-0 after 1 over
- Rohit Sharma vs RR in IPL 2018:
- 200th T20 match for MI – first side to do so.
- Most T20 matches by a team:
200 Mumbai Indians
188 Royal Challengers Bengaluru
187 Sussex/ Kolkata Knight Riders
- Rohit and de Kock are at the crease. Rohit is on strike. Gowtham will open the attack.
- Rajasthan Royals (Playing XI): Ajinkya Rahane(c), Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson(w), Steven Smith, Rahul Tripathi, Liam Livingstone, Krishnappa Gowtham, Jofra Archer, Shreyas Gopal, Jaydev Unadkat, Dhawal Kulkarni
- Mumbai Indians (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Quinton de Kock(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Alzarri Joseph, Rahul Chahar, Jason Behrendorff, Jasprit Bumrah
- Rajasthan Royals have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today IPL match live updates DC v KKR – Preview Highlights:
- MI and RR will play against each on April 13 at 4:00 pm IST.
- The toss is slated for 3:30 pm, at the same time the team news will be announced. Star Sports 1,2, Hindi, Select HD 1/HD will broadcast the 27th match in the league.
Must Read: IPL 2019 Points Table