IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates RCB v KXIP 42nd Match M. Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru – Bangalore won by 17 runs.
Today IPL Match Live Updates RCB v KXIP 42nd Match:
- Bangalore won by 17 runs
Bangalore – 202/4 (20.0 Ovs)
Punjab – 185/7 (20.0 Ovs)
- Punjab need 21 runs in 5 balls
- Fifth Wicket : Navdeep Saini to Pooran, out Caught by de Villiers!! Pooran c de Villiers b Navdeep Saini 46(28) [4s-1 6s-5].
- Punjab need 30 runs in 10 balls
Punjab – 173/4 (18.2 Ovs)
- Fourth Wicket : AB de Villiers has been the fulcrum of this encounter be it while batting of fielding. Amazing catch, getting down so quickly to latch onto a wonderful effort. Took no time in judging the flight of the ball and this is top drawer stuff to send back Miller for 24.
- Punjab need 30 runs in 12 balls
Punjab – 173/3 (18.0 Ovs)
RR : 15.00
- Over 15: This match is becoming so tough to determine here. 60 runs needed in final 5 and RCB need to be on the money if they are to continue their dominance over Punjab.
- END OF OVER:14 | 19 Runs | KXIP: 135/3 (68 runs required from 36 balls, RR: 9.64, RRR: 11.33)
- END OF OVER:12 | 2 Runs | KXIP: 110/3 (93 runs required from 48 balls, RR: 9.16, RRR: 11.62)
- 8 to go and with the score at 110-2, wickets at regular intervals showing what kind of value they hold. RCB have shown huge fighting spirit to comeback here, putting a hold on the scoring rate to catch Punjab’s new batsmen in a scruff owing to deadly bowling in unison to take the run rate needed above 12.
- Third Wicket :Rahul c Southee b Moeen Ali 42(27) [4s-7 6s-1]
- Moeen has picked up Rahul here. Comfortable catch for Southee, at chest length and as Rahul tried to go for the big shot, he’s completely messed it up. He’s out caught for 42 and Punjab have two new batsmen at the crease. Immense comeback by RCB
- PUNJAB 105/2 (10.0) CRR: 10.5 REQ: 9.8 Punjab need 98 runs in 60 balls
- 105-2 after 10 overs. Extremely tantalizingly poised at the halfway mark but such is the magnitude of this huge ask for Punjab that despite going at 10 runs per over, they still need 98 off the final 10. They’ve the momentum and batsmen with them though who can easily navigate this ask
- Second Wicket : Agarwal c Chahal b Stoinis 35(21) [4s-5 6s-1]
- Stoinis has picked up the wicket here. Came onto Mayank much quicker than he anticipated, got the top part of his bat and he completely failed to understand the way it grew onto him. Pulled, only found Chahal and he has to go back here.
- 100 up for Punjab and the 50 run partnership as well. He’s been so lackluster in his bowling today, conceding the 27 runs as he balls all over the surface. Pace off the ball was expected to be an ordeal to play but Chahal showing the problems he has with his bowling.
- PUNJAB 86/1 (8.0) CRR: 10.75 REQ: 9.75 Punjab need 117 runs in 72 balls
- 86-1 after 8 overs. This stand has ensured that KXIP haven’t had too much trouble despite losing the big wicket of Gayle. Closing to the 50 run mark, Kohli needs to come up with an imaculate gameplan that will give his side an inroad here.
- PUNJAB 77/1 (7.0) CRR: 11 REQ: 9.69 Punjab need 126 runs in 78 balls
- END OF OVER:6 | 12 Runs | KXIP: 68/1 (135 runs required from 14 overs, RR: 11.33, RRR: 9.64)
- Powerplay Update: Chahal comes on for the last over of the powerplay and spin has hardly put a halt to Punjab who’ve been in runaway form till now. Completely cleaned out everything thrown their way to reach 68-1 as we move forward for the first stratergic timeout.
- END OF OVER:5 | 8 Runs | KXIP: 56/1 (147 runs required from 15 overs, RR: 11.20, RRR: 9.80)
- PUNJAB 48/1 (4.0) CRR: 12 REQ: 9.69 Punjab need 155 runs
- Over 4: Going at a run rate of 12, Punjab have done extremely well to make the full use of the field restrictions. Each over is going for double digits with the ball taking no time to reach the boundary once connected emphatically. What will hurt them though is the wicket of Gayle. 48-1
- First Wicket : Gayle c de Villiers b U Yadav 23(10) [4s-4 6s-1]
- He’s miscued it and the ball has landed straight into AB de Villiers hands who was steady as a rock when picking that catch up. He had hit the previous ball for a six over the same region but there was not enough connection on this one. Despite blowing apart RCB, Kohli’s side have gotten the wicket they wanted. Gayle gone for 23, bowler by Umesh
- END OF OVER:3 | 13 Runs | KXIP: 36/0 (167 runs required from 17 overs, RR: 12.00, RRR: 9.82)
- END OF OVER:2 | 9 Runs | KXIP: 23/0 (180 runs required from 18 overs, RR: 11.50, RRR: 10.00)
- Gayle knows this side extremely well, having been their top scorer against Punjab, the same side he’s representing today and he’s making full use of that. Aware of where Kohli will be looking to bowl against him, Gayle has done well here in the opening period to take Punjab off to a good start after the first 2 overs.
- END OF OVER:1 | 14 Runs | KXIP: 14/0 (189 runs required from 19 overs, RR: 14.00, RRR: 9.94)
- Welcome back! The RCB players disperse from a huddle and out walk the KXIP openers
- ABD(82 off 44): It was hard work. Initially, it was really tough. I thought anything around 160 will be par but we got more than that. I thought it is a tough wicket throughout. If you spend sometime on wicket things become easier. Me and Stoinis were talking basic things of cricket: eye on the ball and head in right position. I pulled off a couple of good shots tonight which put pressure back on the bowlers. I think this is a winning score if we bowl well. But guys like Gayle and Miller can chase down anything.
- END OF OVER:20 | 27 Runs | RCB: 202/4 | RR: 10.10
- We can’t commend how good this stand between AB de Villiers and Stoinis has been for the RCB. Exuberant and exemplary, this stand kept us raptured with delight clean and hard hitting. A testament to how good this surface is for batting. It’s completely shifted the incentive RCB’s way
- 27 runs from the final over with Stoinis getting right behind Vilojen who had absolutely no idea where to ball once and pressure. It’s taken RCB past the 200 mark, something that couldn’t be fathomed 5 overs back. Carnage from this partnership which put on 121 in 68 balls. Taken their side to the echelon of a massive run chase for Punjab.
- It’s been the AB de Villiers show today. He’s for the second match in a row taken the onus on himself to ensure his side are always in the chase in this encounter. Cleaned out Punjab, guiding his side from an extremely treacherous situation. Marvelous innings of 82 from 44 balls.
- END OF OVER:19 | 21 Runs | RCB: 175/4 | RR: 9.21
- END OF OVER:18 | 16 Runs | RCB: 154/4 | RR: 8.55
- BANGALORE 138/4 (17.0) CRR: 8.12
- END OF OVER:16 | 11 Runs | RCB: 133/4 | RR: 8.31
- Bangalore – 123/4 (15.2 Ovs)
- Time out! That six was the first boundary scored since 6.3 – shows you what the fall of wickets have done. RCB: 109-4 after 14 overs
- RCB: 94-4 after 12 overs
- It’s all unraveled for RCB here. Treacherous batting has left them facing the ordeals of a disappointing innings. With wickets falling at regular dismissals, they’ve ended up throwing their wickets away to sit in an incoherent position at the halfway mark. 89-4 after 11.
- RCB: 84-4 after 10 overs
- Fourth Wicket : Out! Akshdeep Nath c Mandeep b Viljoen 3(7).
- Over 8: It’s started falling apart a bit at this stage for RCB. They’ve lost two in two overs to the slower stuff and with two new batsmen at the crease, it’s all about holding fort for this moment. Strong couple of overs from Punjab to reel Punjab right in. 77-3.
- Third Wicket : He’s bowled him! Moeen promoted up the order this time around but it fails to pay off for him. Came into him, Moeen had no idea where that was going and he’s fallen as he tried to play for too much spin. Ball goes between bat and pad and he’s bowled by Ashwin for 4 runs.
- Bangalore – 71/2 (6.2 Ovs)
- Second Wicket : Change of pace, change of line and Parthiv has gone with a false shot. The wrong one, he failed to read it and the leading edge went only as far as the fielder stationed near the bat. An extremely soft dismissal sees RCB lose their second wicket right before the powerplay. Parthiv falls shot of his 50 as he goes for 43, dismissed by Ashwin
- Powerplay Update: RCB: 70-1 after 6 overs
- Over 4: Excellent over by Shami here. Kept bowling in the channel, probing and jabbing at the batsmen throughout a perfect six balls that gave away just the 3 runs and a wicket. With Kohli gone early, AB de Villiers will take his time before eventually opening his arms now. 38/1 (4.0 Ovs)
- First Wicket : Shami keeps it on Virat’s pads and the inswinging delivery has done the trick for him. Was unlucky not to pick up his Indian teammate off the previous over but there’s no mistake made this time around. Safely picked up and Kohli has fallen for the upteenth time to Shami. Out for 13 off what was a needless shot
- Kohli’s taken no time in establishing himself in the middle. Has driven the ball so sweetly in the opening two overs to see RCB get off to a strong start. Shami’s first over for 14 takes RCB to 26-0 after 2 overs.
- RCB: 12-0 after 1 over
- Parthiv Patel and Kohli are at the crease. Parthiv Patel is on strike. Rajpoot will open the attack.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (Playing XI): Parthiv Patel(w), Virat Kohli(c), AB de Villiers, Marcus Stoinis, Akshdeep Nath, Moeen Ali, Washington Sundar, Tim Southee, Navdeep Saini, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal
- Kings XI Punjab (Playing XI): Lokesh Rahul(w), Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, David Miller, Mandeep Singh, Nicholas Pooran, Ravichandran Ashwin(c), Hardus Viljoen, Murugan Ashwin, Ankit Rajpoot, Mohammed Shami
- Kings XI Punjab have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today IPL match RCB vs KXIP match preview highlights:
- RCB and KXIP will take on each other on April 24, Wednesday in match number 24 of the Indian Premier League at 8:00 pm IST with the toss and team news at 7:30 pm
- The two sides had last met each other in Punjab were Kohli’s side has comprehensively defeated Punjab by 8 wickets with an 85-run match-winning stand between Kohli and AB de Villiers. RCB have defeated Punjab in the side’s previous 3 matches.
- RCB go into the match having defeated CSK by the 1 run while Punjab slumped to a 5-wicket defeat against Delhi at the Feroz Shah Kotla
Must Read: IPL 2019 Points Table
RCB: Parthiv Patel(w), Virat Kohli(c), AB de Villiers, Akshdeep Nath, Moeen Ali, Marcus Stoinis, Pawan Negi, Dale Steyn, Navdeep Saini, Yuzvendra Chahal, Umesh Yadav
KXIP: Lokesh Rahul(w), Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, David Miller, Mandeep Singh, Ravichandran Ashwin(c), Sam Curran, Harpreet Brar, Murugan Ashwin, Hardus Viljoen, Mohammed Shami