IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates RCB v RR 49th Match M.Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru. – The match has been abandoned.
Today IPL Match Live Updates RCB v RR 49th Match:
- No result
Bangalore – 62/7 (5.0 Ovs)
Rajasthan – 41/1 (3.2 Ovs)
- The match has been abandoned.
- Rajasthan need 22 runs in 10 balls
- 00:24 Local Time: Blimey! It’s started to rain again! And, that’s that. The match has been abandoned. An anti-climactic finish.
- First Wicket : And this is why spin was needed for RCB. Chahal comes on, gives the ball drift and as he turns it away from Samson he only manages to get elevation but no distance. Can this wicket as Samson goes for 28, script a miracle for Kohli’s side?
- 18 runs off the third over and Kohli has missed a trick here. Chahal needed to be brought on here with the slower stuff usually proving successfully in enticing the batsmen to play a false shot under such immense pressure. The Royals have heavily swung this cliffhanger their way with this over with the two 6s and two 4s in it.
- RR: 40-0 after 3 overs
- RR: 22-0 after 2 overs
- RR: 10-0 after 1 over
- Second inning starts : Samson and Livingstone are at the crease. Samson is on strike. U Yadav will open the attack
- Innings Break
Bangalore – 62/7 (5.0 Ovs)
- Seventh Wicket : Thomas to Negi, out Caught by Samson!! Negi c Samson b Thomas 4(3) [4s-1].
- Bangalore – 61/6 (4.4 Ovs)
- Sixth Wicket : RCB have crumbled over here. An absolutely inclement batting effort from them, one that sees Klassen go back for 6 runs off 7 balls, caught by Livingston. The batting side is being taken apart here, cleaned out so easily.
- Fifth Wicket : Over 4: Just the 9 runs from this over and it ends with the wicket of Parthiv. As half of RCB’s side walks back to the pavilion, this is a massive setback for the side. Poor shots have lead them to this predicament with the Royals being extremely resilient.
- Shreyas Gopal vs RCB:
4-0-22-2 (Kohli, AB)
4-0-16-4 (AB, Parthiv, Mandeep, Moeen Ali)
3-0-12-3 (Kohli, AB, Hetmyer)
1-0-12-3 (Kohli, AB, Stoinis)
- First bowlers to dismiss Kohli & AB on three instances in IPL
- RCB: 45-4 after 3 overs
- Fourth Wicket : Riyan Parag to Gurkeerat Singh, out Caught by Lomror!! The procession continues. Gurkeerat Singh c Lomror b Riyan Parag 6(3) [4s-1]
- Hat tricks for RR:
A Chandila vs PWI Jaipur 2012
P Tambe vs KKR Ahmedabad 2014
S Watson vs SRH Ahmedabad 2014
S Gopal vs RCB Bengaluru 2019
- Powerplay Update : RCB: 35-3 after 2 overs
- Third Wicket : Hattrick for Shreyas! The second hattrick this season with the spinner getting Stoinis to go off the third ball. An extremely soft dismissal, one in which he completely failed to get under the ball to go for 0. After a tremendous start, RCB have been pegged back here to sit in a precarious situation of 35-3 after 2 overs.
- Second Wicket : Double blow for RCB here. It’s the wrong delivery yet again that gets the wicket with the ball coming into AB de Villiers. He only managed to hole it as far away as the close in fielder and RCB have been dealt a huge hit here with both their specialists gone
- First Wicket : 6 4 2 W: The wrong delivery from Shreyas and as Kohli tried to go over long on again, he’s miscued this one. This is the third time he’s lost his wicket to the bowler in this tournament but he’s done his job here with a ravishing 25 off 7 balls.
- 6 6 1 4 2 4: 23 runs from the first over by Varun and this was a testament to the clean, pure hitting abilities of two batsmen who are the best in this situation. Enchanting batting by the two as the get their side off to an incredible start.
- First inning starts : Kohli and de Villiers are at the crease. Kohli is on strike. Aaron will open the attack
- So we have a change of rules here. There will be just the 2 over powerplay with each bowler allowed the one over. We’ll have a 10 minute break in between innings.
- Well we finally come bearing pleasant news for all you Indian Premier League lovers. The inclement weather has failed to pore water on the ambitions of today’s encounter with the widespread rainfall finally making way for a 5 over per side match.
- 23:10 Local Time: Good news! 5-overs game confirmed. 11:26pm start.
- 22:54 Local Time: The next inspection is at 23:05, which is 21 mins before the cut-off time.
- 22.48 Local Time: “The umpires are in the middle and looking at the problem areas. That’s what I can make out from here at least. 2-3 wet patches I am guessing, and they’re getting an extensive blow dry,”
- 22:20 Local Time: We have more news coming in. There will be an offical inspection at 10:40 PM
- 22:08 Local Time: Things looking much brighter. “The rare good news – Stumps being erected!” says Purnima.
- 22:03 Local Time: Boom! “Alright then, the covers are coming off now. Fingers crossed,” tweets IPL Twitter handle.
- 21:40 Local Time: “Getting heavier now. Proper rain. Funnily, the cheers and dhols are also getting louder. Beginning to doubt if this crowd wants a game or more rain,”
- 21:17 Local Time: The rain is getting heavier it seems. So, the wait continues..
- Also, we have started losing overs. “Stumps had been erected, but the whole square is under covers now. Update from the scorers: 11:26 pm is the cut-off for a 5-overs-a-side contest. Also, we’ve started to lose overs, 9pm was the cut-off, according to the scorers. Though the umpires have to convey how many overs we lose. That will of course happen only later now, once it stops raining for good.” adds Purnima.
- 21:05 Local Time: Well, well. Bad news folks, the rain is back and so are the covers. What a bummer! The umbrellas are up.. FYI, if it’s a wash-out, RCB will be officially knocked out of the tournament.
- 20:57 Local Time: UPDATE from the official Indian Premier League Twitter handle: Good news from the centre as it has stopped raining and the covers are coming off. Phew!
- 20:55 Local Time: The current situation looks quite dicey as the rain continues to hose down. More covers coming on.
- 20:29 Local Time: “Drizzling again,” says Purnima. Blimey!
- 20:23 Local Time: Purnima pings: “Reduced to a mere drizzle now. Covers still very much intact. We’re hearing that we should be okay if the game starts on/before about 9:15pm. Full 20 overs-a-side affair then.
- RR in IPL 2019:
Batting 1st: W 0; L4
Batting 2nd: W 5; L 3
- RCB in IPL 2019:
Batting 1st: W 3; L5
Batting 2nd: W 1; L 3
- 20:10 Local Time: Live visuals in – Still raining. The overs will start getting deducted post 9pm local time which is roughly about 50 minutes from now.
- Match start delayed due to rain
- Only six overseas players featuring in an IPL match:
CSK (4) vs KKR (2), Chennai, 2011
DC (3) vs RCB (3), Delhi, 2017
DC (3) vs CSK (3), Delhi, 2019
RCB (3) vs RR (3), Bengaluru, 2019
- RCB tosses in IPL 2019: Won: 3; Lost: 10*
Last ten matches: Won 1; Lost 9 — Sixth toss loss in a row
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (Playing XI): Parthiv Patel(w), Virat Kohli(c), AB de Villiers, Heinrich Klaasen, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Marcus Stoinis, Pawan Negi, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kulwant Khejroliya, Yuzvendra Chahal
- Rajasthan Royals (Playing XI): Ajinkya Rahane, Liam Livingstone, Sanju Samson(w), Steven Smith(c), Riyan Parag, Stuart Binny, Mahipal Lomror, Shreyas Gopal, Jaydev Unadkat, Varun Aaron, Oshane Thomas
- Rajasthan Royals have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today IPL match RCB vs RR match preview highlights:
- RCB vs RR will face each other on April 30 in M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru.
- RCB will fight against RR in Match 49 of VIVO IPL 2019.
- The match will take place at 8:00 PM and the toss will be conducted at 7.30 PM along with the team news at the same time. The match will be shown on Star Sports 1, 2, Select HD1, Hindi/HD.
- In this match, there will be a tough fight between the two teams because both the teams have already collided with each other. Both the teams have good batsmen and bowlers.
Must Read: IPL 2019 Points Table
Royal Challengers Bangalore: Parthiv Patel (wk), Virat Kohli (C), AB de Villiers, Heinrich Klaasen/Shimron Hetmyer, Gurkeerat Mann, Marcus Stoinis, Tim Southee/Mohammad Siraj, Washington Sundar, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Yuzvendra Chahal
Rajasthan Royals: Ajinkya Rahane, Liam Livingstone, Sanju Samson (wk), Steve Smith (C), Ashton Turner, Riyan Parag, Stuart Binny, Shreyas Gopal, Jaydev Unadkat, Oshane Thomas, Varun Aaron