IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates RR v CSK 25th Match Sawai Mansingh Stadium Jaipur – Chennai won by 4 wkts
Today IPL Match Live Updates RR v CSK 25th Match:
- Chennai won by 4 wkts
Rajasthan – 151/7 (20.0 Ovs)
Chennai – 155/6 (20.0 Ovs)
- 50 up for Rayadu. After several scores of 0s and a lackluster IPL, the number 4 batsmen has scored the runs his side wanted to today. He and Dhoni have brought the equation down to 51 off the last 29 balls and this match is tantalizingly poised ahead of the last 5 overs.
- 101-4: 50 runs in the last 5 overs mean this match has managed to overturn hugely on his it’s head. This has swung in CSK’s favour and with the way this stand is functioning, envisioning a win is no longer an improbable task.
Score after 13 overs, CSK 78-4
- Over 13: 78-4. As CSK finally get a move on and the required boundary in each and every over finds it way across for them, this partnership is managing to stay up with the run rate. RR incurring bowling changes here as they try to thwart this growing partnership
- Last 2 overs have turned out to be extremely productive from CSK’s perspective. Scaling up the ante with 14 runs off the 11th and the spinners who were doing so well to keep things under check before having started being taken apart with Rayadu and Dhoni both set in the middle
Score after 10 overs, CSK 50-4
- 11 from the 10th and at the halfway mark, CSK finally decide to show intent. With only Jadeja the specialist batsman to follow proceeding this partnership, this stand has to run the distance to keep CSK in the game. 50-4 at the end of 10 overs
Score after 8 overs, CSK 32-4
- 24-4 in the powerplay overs doesn’t bode well for you no matter how small the magnitude of the target is. Jadhav the latest calamity for his, goes for the solitary run and Archer has picked up his second wicket of the day. Out caught by Stokes and it’s turning out to be an extremely tepid task for the visiting side now
- Fourth Wicket : Kedar Jadhav c Stokes b Jofra Archer 1(6)
Score after 5 overs. CSK 24-3
- Third Wicket : du Plessis c R Tripathi b Unadkat 7(10) , Surprising run through of play. Unadkat picks up Faf du Plessis and this is the least likely of wicket that we could have imagined. Perplexing shot making, by the opener, sees him caught out by Tripathi for just 7 runs and CSK have dug themselves in a hole here
Score after 2 overs, CSK 5-2
- Second Wicket : Raina run out (Jofra Archer) 4(4) [4s-1], Raina’s dismays this season continue as he loses his wicket cheaply yet again. He’s collapsed for under 10 once more this season and Archer gets his wicket for 4 runs. Run out and Rajasthan have gotten to just the start they had fathomed
- First Wicket : Watson b D Kulkarni 0(4) , Treacherous start for CSK with Watson having to make his way back to the pavilion without opening his account. Kulkarni has cleaned him up and as the wickets go for a toss, CSK sit at 0-1 in pursuit of 152
- Second Inning Start : Watson and du Plessis are at the crease. Watson is on strike. D Kulkarni will open the attack
- Ravindra Jadeja: I am very happy with all my numbers (100 IPL wickets). Happy with the way I am bowling. Overall I’m enjoying my game – whether I’m playing ODIs or Tests. It feels great. I started playing IPL from Rajasthan. Always wanted to play in front of this crowd. The crowd support was amazing when I was playing for Rajasthan. We are enjoying as a team. Hopefully, the momentum continues. I was looking for wickets. I was not just trying to restrict them. I knew that the ball was spinning, I was bowling at the stumps and the wicket did the rest. We have different varieties in our team – off-spinner, leg-spinner and myself left-arm. Everyone’s experienced enough to bowl in these situations.. We are doing well as a bowling unit.
Score after 20 overs, RR 151-7
- 18 runs off Thakur’s last over sees Rajasthan end up just 6 runs shot of what is the average first innings score on this wicket. They’ve taken the total to a fighting one, one their bowlers can make something out of. Need the bowling unit to be relentless and ruthless and use all their will and resolve
- Last Over : Runs Scored: 18, 2 4 6 1 4 1
- Rajasthan – 128/7 (18.4 Ovs)
- Seventh Wicket : That’s another that bites the dust. Stokes cleaned up for 28 runs and the Royals have lost another in the quest to emulate a high score. Cleaned up by Chahar who blows his wickers up as he took pace off the ball and Rajasthan have completely lost their way.
- Sixth Wicket : 15: 103-6. Just before we go into the final 5 overs of the first innings, calamity strikes for Rajasthan yet again. Wild heave by Riyan, sends the ball to Dhoni’s hands and Shardul also picks up a wicket. It’s all going wayward for the home side.
- Riyan Parag IPL Debut: At 16, Riyan Parag was already a world cup medalist, having played a significant role in India’s successful Under-19 triumph in the 2018 World Cup. Having made his Twenty20 debut for Assam in January, 2017.
- 13 overs completed and Rajasthan’s innings is going no where. A complete halt has been put on their aim to take this total to a colossal one with the boundaries well and truely becoming difficult to come. With the ball turning 3 degrees, the huge deviation and then have left the batsmen puzzled.
- Fifth Wicket : That’s it for Rajasthan. Another falls and it’s in the form of Smith this time. Tried to go for the boundary, failed to get the power behind it and he finds Rayadu in the square legside region. His struggling innings off 15 runs in 21 balls has come to an end and he always looked tentative throughout.
- Over 10: 74-4 at the end of 10 overs and spin has completely put the straps on the hosts innings. It’s taken a huge downwards slide after such an alluring start and only Smith looks to be the one who can save this innings for the hosts.
- Rajasthan – 69/4 (8.5 Ovs)
- Fourth Wicket : Excellent bowling by Jadeja. Making full use of the faster stuff, bowling the wrong ones as well and it pays off for him. Gets Tripathi to drive after enticing him, balls goes to Jadhav who manages to latch onto the ball and Rajasthan lose their fourth wicket for 10 runs.
- Do we know why Dhoni is not playing Harbhajan for away matches?” — Too many right-handers in the RR team and Chennai suits Bhajji better.
- 54-3 after 6 overs as the powerplay comes to a close. What had begun off so pleasantly for Rajasthan has turned into a tepid time for them as wickets keep tumbling one after the other. Have completely dried up the runs here.
- RR: 54-3 after 6 overs
- Third Wicket : Santner gets his first wicket of the league. Bowled close to Sampson’s pads and his return from injury doesn’t pay out as his side would have liked. He’s caught out by Dhruv for 6 runs and Rajasthan lose their third in the powerplay.
- RR: 48-2 after 4 overs
- Second Wicket : 4 4 4 W: After having put Thakur under the pump in his very first deliveries, Buttler decides to have another go at him. Ends up mistiming the shot, getting elevation but no distance and this is a big wicket for CSK as Rayadu holds onto the catch to send him back for 23.
- 35-1 at the culmination of 3 overs. Sampson comes to the middle and pulls Chahar for a four off his very first ball to the square region. After such a rousing start, Rahane will be dejected with the way he tried to play across that ball and lose his wicket.
- First Wicket: DRS taken by CSK: It took some time coming in with Dhoni and Chahar engaged in decision for quite some time and CSK take it just in time. LBW decision on Rahane and it’s the right call to go for the review. 3 reds and Rahane goes back for 14.
- RR: 11-0 after 1 over
- First Inning Starts : Rahane and Buttler are at the crease. Rahane is on strike. Chahar will open the attack.
- Rajasthan Royals (Playing XI): Ajinkya Rahane(c), Jos Buttler(w), Steven Smith, Sanju Samson, Rahul Tripathi, Ben Stokes, Riyan Parag, Jofra Archer, Shreyas Gopal, Jaydev Unadkat, Dhawal Kulkarni
- Chennai Super Kings (Playing XI): Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni(w/c), Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Mitchell Santner, Shardul Thakur, Imran Tahir
- Chennai Super Kings have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today IPL match live updates CSK v RR – Preview Highlights:
- RR vs CSK will clash against each other on April 11, Thursday at 8:00 pm
- The toss will take place at 7:30 pm along with the announcement of the team sheets. The match will get broadcast on Star Sports 1,2, Hindi/HD
- It has been a completely different season for both the sides. While CSK sit pretty on top of the league, RR find themselves struggling to keep their top 4 hopes alive with a 7th place position
Must Read: IPL 2019 Points Table
RR: Ajinkya Rahane (c), Jos Buttler (wk), Steven Smith, Rahul Tripathi, Ben Stokes, Prashant Chopra, Krishnappa Gowtham, Shreyas Gopal, Jofra Archer, Sudhesan Midhun, Dhawal Kulkarni
CSK: Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni (c)(wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir, Scott Kuggeleijn.