IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates RR v DC 40th Match Sawai Mansingh Stadium Jaipur – Delhi won by 6 wkts.
Today IPL Match Live Updates RR v DC 40th Match:
- Delhi won by 6 wkts
Rajasthan – 191/6 (20.0 Ovs)
Delhi – 193/4 (19.2 Ovs)
- DC: 162-3 after 17 overs
- Third Wicket : Outside of the Feroz Shah Kotla and Pant brings his 50 up. Comes in just 26 balls but the gameplan RR have executed against him has been so disappointing to watch. Why would you keep bowling right on the pads of a player who couldn’t make it more apparent that it’s his strong zone. Found the boundary at will.
- Over 15 Update: With 35% of his shots to the fine leg, we fail to understand why Rajasthan have kept bowling to him there and even more so why Smith has refused to move back the fielder in that area. Allowed Delhi’s batsmen to resonate a match winning performance way too easily. 142-2
- We head into the stratergic timeout with this partnership reaching the half-century mark and bringing the required runs needed per over to just the 10 runs. They’ve thwarted everything Rajasthan has sent down so effortlessly, waging a real battle for their side. All the onus is on the Royals to pick up wickets and stake their claim for a win
- Over 10 Update: Two wickets in quick intervals have put a pause on Delhi’s innings here. With Pant in such a disappointing spree, failing to impress time and time again, only the numbers outside Delhi are something which can play in his favour. Just the 3 runs from Archer’s over see Delhi put on 81-2 at the halfway mark
- Innings Break
Rajasthan – 191/6 (20.0 Ovs)
- RR: 191-6 after 20 overs
- Fifth Wicket : He’s bowled him. Unwavering line and length, pace with it and Stuart is cleaned up. The wickets go for a toss as he was completely left beleaguered by that delivery. Goes for 19, an innings that did nothing but harp the strike away from Rahane.
- Highest individual scores for RR:
105* A Rahane RR v DC Jaipur 2019
104* S Watson v KKR Mumbai BS 2015
103* A Rahane v RCB Bengaluru 2012
102* S Samson v SRH Hyderabad 2019
- Dismissed for three consecutive ducks in IPL:
A Dinda (2009-11)
Rahul Sharma (2012-13)
G Gambhir (2014)
S Thakur (2017)
P Negi (2018-19)
A TURNER (2019)
- RR: 165-4 after 17 overs
- Fourth Wicket : Turner out for 0 for the second match in a row. He deserved to go without opening his account with that murky shot, jabbing at the ball, getting nowhere near the pitch of it. Caught by Rabada to register his third 0 of the season. Abysmal batting.
- Two doubles off Ishant’s first two deliveries of the final over and it’s gotten the 100 for Rahane. He’s batted well today, allowed his side to chart their course to a colossal score, taking full advantage of Delhi’s inclement bowling. Rampant innings on display from the home side. 163-3.
- RR: 158-3 after 16 overs
- Third Wicket : Easy delivery to hit for a boundary, bowled at a fuller length but Stokes fails to make the most of the opportunity sent his way. Miscued the ball, only managed to hole it out in the midon region and Shreyas gets the catch off Morris’ bowling to send him back for 8 runs.
- END OF OVER:14 | 4 Runs 1 Wkt | RR: 139/2 | RR: 9.92
- Highest second wkt stands for RR:
130 A Rahane – S Smith v DC Jaipur 2019
121 A Rahane – O Shah v RCB Bengaluru 2012
119 A Rahane – S Samson v SRH Hyderabad 2019
- Second Wicket : Smith c Chris Morris b Axar 50(32) [4s-8]
- At long last, Delhi have picked up their second wicket. With the score envisioned to go on and become a 200 plus one, this wicket is a huge one in the context for Delhi. Smith tries for one too many, driving Rahane to only find Morris on the ropes. End of him for 50 runs.
- END OF OVER:13 | 13 Runs | RR: 135/1 | RR: 10.38
- 31 balls and Smith has brought up his half-century in consecutive matches. Exchanging captaincy here has been the perfect thing for Rajasthan with both these batsmen repeaing the rewards of that decision. Delhi are being cleaned out with such ease here.
- RAJASTHAN 106/1 (11.0) CRR: 9.64
- 100 for the Royals. With even Smith playing his shots now, the boundaries are becoming too easy to find now. Interwining the singles and boundaries with such seamless ease to only increase Delhi’s ordeal. 100 run partnership up as well in just 59 balls
- END OF OVER:10 | 14 Runs | RR: 95/1 | RR: 9.50
- Over 10 Update: Despite the jittery start, the Royals have done extremely well to ensure that Delhi were never able to capitalise on it. This stand is testament to what good batting can do on any wicket. Rahane playing the role of amassing the runs while Smith from the other end is keeping his intent in check to keep his wicket intact. 95-1 at the halfway stage.
- END OF OVER:9 | 10 Runs | RR: 81/1 | RR: 9.00
- END OF OVER:8 | 12 Runs | RR: 71/1 | RR: 8.87
- Rahane pulls and he brings his 50 up as the ball goes to the ropes. This was a much needed innings from him and looks like taking the brunt of the captaincy has worked in his favour. Played much for freely today, something we’ve never seen from him. Has also taken Rajasthan to 70 in the 8 overs.
- RAJASTHAN 59/1 (7.0) CRR: 8.43
- END OF OVER:6 | 14 Runs | RR: 52/1 | RR: 8.66
- Powerplay Update: This stand is finally starting to get a move on. It’s yet another slow pitch but it’s not as abject as we expected it to be. The batsmen are getting rewarded for good strokeplay. Rahane the one doing the bulk of the scoring here, taking 15 runs off the sixth to bring up the 50 for Rajasthan as well.
- END OF OVER:5 | 13 Runs | RR: 38/1 | RR: 7.60
- Ishant squanders Delhi’s chance to pick up a second early wicket here. That was as easy as they come, right into his hands and he’s ended up making a massive mess of it. The right next ball is followed up by a six by Rahane.
- END OF OVER:4 | 7 Runs | RR: 25/1 | RR: 6.25
- END OF OVER:3 | 8 Runs | RR: 18/1 | RR: 6.00
- Spin as early as the third over and Delhi are doing a wonderful job of keeping the Royals completely restricted. This is probably the one pair that inspires confidence for the home side and they’ll be looking to keep their wickets in the middle as long as possible. 18-1 after 3 overs
- END OF OVER:2 | 5 Runs 1 Wkt | RR: 10/1 | RR: 5.00
- First Wicket : Samson run out (Rabada) 0(0), Sampson departs without playing the single ball. As he stepped out of the crease, Rahane nodded for his call, before eventually changing his mind midway. Never a run there and as Sampson goes for 0, runout by Rabada, the Royals have lost a big wicket.
- RAJASTHAN 5/0 (1.0) CRR: 5
- We’re underway from the Sawai Mansingh Stadium with Ishant concluding the first over of the match. Rahane begins the scoring for the home side with a drive to the boundary but Ishant comes back emphatically to keep the next 5 go just the 1
- The one change for Delhi who replaces Sandeep after his ordeal last time around with Morris. Rajasthan decide to go unchanged as they continue to give the captaincy to Smith in one last flurry to try and make it to the top 4
- As Delhi win the toss and opt to bowl first, all eyes will be on this opening pair for Rajasthan. With Buttler continuing to miss owing to the birth of his child which has seen him go back to England, the Royals need Rahane and Sampson to put on some meaningful partnership
- First Inning Start : Rahane and Samson are at the crease. Rahane is on strike. Ishant will open the attack
- Delhi Capitals (Playing XI): Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer(c), Rishabh Pant(w), Colin Ingram, Chris Morris, Sherfane Rutherford, Axar Patel, Kagiso Rabada, Amit Mishra, Ishant Sharma
- Rajasthan Royals (Playing XI): Ajinkya Rahane, Sanju Samson(w), Steven Smith(c), Ben Stokes, Riyan Parag, Ashton Turner, Stuart Binny, Shreyas Gopal, Jofra Archer, Jaydev Unadkat, Dhawal Kulkarni
- Delhi Capitals have won the toss and have opted to field
Today IPL match DC v RR Preview Highlights:
- DC and RR will play against each other on April 22 in Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur.
- DC will fight against RR in Match 40 of VIVO IPL 2019.
- The match slated to take place at 8:00 pm and the toss will be conducted at 7:30 pm along with the team news at the same time. The match will be shown on Star Sports 1, 2, Select HD1, Hindi/HD.
- This is the first match between DC and RR. Both the teams will fight against each other.
Predicted Playing XI
Rajasthan Royals: Ajinkya Rahane, Sanju Samson (wk), Steven Smith (c), Ben Stokes, Riyan Parag, Ashton Tuner/Liam Livingstone, Stuart Binny, Jofra Archer, Shreyas Gopal, Dhawal Kulkarni, Jaydev Unadkat
Delhi Capitals: Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Colin Ingram, Axar Patel, Sherfane Rutherford, Kagiso Rabada, Amit Mishra, Sandeep Lamichhane, Ishant Sharma
Must Read: IPL 2019 Points Table