IPL 2019: Today IPL Match Live Updates SRH v KKR 38th Match Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium Hyderabad – Hyderabad won by 9 wkts.
Today IPL Match Live Updates SRH v KKR 38th Match:
- Hyderabad won by 9 wkts
Kolkata – 159/8 (20.0 Ovs)
Hyderabad – 161/1 (15.0 Ovs)
- 13: Finally a successful over for KKR with Warner the first wicket to fall but it’s hardly going to impact the course of the match. Williamson and Bairstow will be looking to seal this up in the next few overs and move further close to the cusp of the top 4
- SRH: 138-1 after 13 overs
- SRH: 130-0 after 12 overs
- 109-0 after the 10 overs. Both these batsmen are looking to close this match out quickly and get done and dusted. It’s just a mere formality away, with almost nothing left to do. Just the mere 50 runs to get
- It’s 50 for Warner. He and Bairstow have done extremely well to keep getting the runs, ensuring there are no hurdles encountered on way to what will be an extremely important 2 points for their side.
- Both Bairstow and Warner are just the one run short of their 50s. Batting on 49 off 27 balls each and as the 100 comes up as well for SRH, this encounter is as one sided as they get. Completely trouncing KKR here with a comprehensive batting display.
- Hyderabad need 60 runs in 68 balls.
- Going strong and healthy with a run rate of above 10. Neither are the boundaries being limited or the easy singles being stopped by KKR and this is panning out to be an extremely painful defeat for them. Half the runs already gotten of this target in just the 8 overs. 88-0
- Wd 1 2 6 4 6 .: 20 off the last over of the powerplay and these 6 overs of field restrictions have turned out to be extremely fruitful for SRH. Exquisite batting and spin has been completely negated here by both Warner and Bairstow. Have won half the battle ahead of the stratergic timeout.
- Keep bowling in these areas and you’ll keep have to fetching the ball from the stands. Not coming across to the batsmen, giving them all the time and room in the world to hit their strokeplay and it’s seen this partnership put on yet another 50 run stand. 52-0 after 5 overs.
- 11 off Chawla’s first takes SRH to 43-0. What is working for them perfectly is that both these batsmen look in good nick. They’re finding it all too easy to find the boundary every over, peel the runs off at will with no shape on the ball.
- Over 2: This is a new ball track and if you can’t get wickets with the hard, white ball early on, the batters will settle down pretty quickly here. And the start SRH have gotten off to is testament to how good the top order has been for them. 17-0
- SRH: 6-0 after 1 over
- Second Inning Starts : Warner and Bairstow are at the crease. Warner is on strike. Gurney will open the attack.
- Most wkts against an opponent in IPL:
28 D Bravo vs MI
27 A Mishra vs RR
27 Bhuvneshwar vs KKR *
26 S Narine vs KXIP
26 U Yadav vs KXIP
26 L Malinga vs CSK
- Innings Break
Kolkata – 159/8 (20.0 Ovs)
- Eighth Wicket : Rashid Khan to Chawla, out Caught by Bairstow!! Chawla c Bairstow b Rashid Khan 4(8) [4s-1]. 150/8
- KKR: 146-7 after 19 overs
- Seventh Wicket : Bhuvneshwar to A Russell, out Caught by Rashid Khan!! A Russell c Rashid Khan b Bhuvneshwar 15(9) [6s-2]
- KKR: 134-6 after 18 overs
- KKR: 133-6 after 17 overs
- Sixth Wicket : Half-century up for Lynn and he’s loses his wicket soon after. Another slower one doing the trick for SRH who’ve been relentless today. Ruthless bowling, not allowing KKR to put on a stand of note and Khaleel has another with Lynn dishing out a catch to Williamson for 51.
- Lynn brings up his 9th fifty in IPL.
- Kolkata – 124/5 (15.3 Ovs)
- Fifth Wicket : Sandeep Sharma to Rinku Singh, out Caught by Rashid Khan!! Rinku Singh c Rashid Khan b Sandeep Sharma 30(25) [4s-1 6s-2].
- 15 Overs Update: The captaincy has been such a pleasing sight from Williamson. He’s been on the money in using his bowlers and they’ve backed his gameplan with profoundly good bowling. Completely dried the runs up. 116-4
- Over 14: Third over from Khaleel, one filled with slower delivers from ball one to six and he gave no pace away to Lynn. Found it a treacherous ask to navigate the ball with pace taken off it and with just 6 runs off it, KKR’s innings is going nowhere at 109-4.
- 12 Overs: The standard of fielding this tournament has made for such a sore viewing and as Nadeem drops that catch, it only drops down a further notch. Right through his hands to go all the way for 6 and the over is taken apart for 14 runs.
- KKR: 85-4 after 11 overs
- Over 10: 80-4 at the halfway mark with even Rashid being brought on now by SRH. The bowling performance by them today has been well disciplined, a complete team effort to tighten the run rate. Everything working for them at the moment deservedly.
- Fourth Wicket : It’s all falling apart for KKR. Karthik the latest one to walk in and walk out with him well out of the crease. Unnecessary risk taken for the second run, Bairstow completes the run-out and Karthik goes back for 6. With that we also break for the first strategic timeout of the day with KKR are 73-4.
- Kolkata – 65/3 (7.1 Ovs)
- Third Wicket: Out! Bhuvneshwar comes back for his second spell and it’s a sensational first delivery. Gets immense bounce on the delivery with the ball growing onto the batsmen in no time at all. Sharp delivery that stung into him and Nitish only managed it edging to Bairstow to go back for the 11 runs
- Powerplay Update: After thrusting their way to 42 in the first 3 overs, the next 3 have yielded just the 19 runs. Good bowling by Sandeep and Khaleel who’re the first ones to get extended spells today. 61-2 with the current scenario all about rebuilding things for KKR here
- KKR: 53-2 after 5 overs
- Kolkata – 50/2 (4.2 Ovs)
- Second Wicket: Khaleel gets his second of the day as Gill’s traversities with the bat continue. Another slower one from him as reaped the rewards for SRH with Gill unaware of how to play it. Only manages to send it as far as Shankar to walk back for the 4 runs. Another fiasco with the bat for him
- Four overs, 4 different bowlers used by Williamson as he looks to continously chop and change, not allowing the batsmen to settle in against anyone. There’s more than enough here for the pacers with the surface giving pace, bounce and swing and SRH are looking to make the most of it. 49-1
- KKR: 44-1 after 3 overs
- First Wicket : 6 4 4 W: After three inclement deliveries, Khaleel strikes back. It was a slower delivery, one that Narine completely failed to read and as he went for another wild heave, the ball ended up finding it’s way to the wickets. He’s bowled for 25 off 8 balls and SRH have their first wicket here at 42-1.
- Kolkata – 10/0 (1.0 Ovs)
- First Inning Starts: 0.1: And we’re underway with the first encounter of the day. It’s Bhuvneshwar who has taken the onus of the new ball as Lynn and Narine open the batting. He starts with a wide ball, an inswinging delivery that failed to come back enough.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (Playing XI): David Warner, Jonny Bairstow(w), Kane Williamson(c), Vijay Shankar, Deepak Hooda, Yusuf Pathan, Rashid Khan, Shahbaz Nadeem, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Sandeep Sharma, K Khaleel Ahmed
- Kolkata Knight Riders (Playing XI): Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine, Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Rinku Singh, Andre Russell, Dinesh Karthik(w/c), Piyush Chawla, KC Cariappa, Harry Gurney, Yarra Prithviraj
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have won the toss and have opted to field.
Today IPL match KKR v SRH Preview Highlights:
- SRH will play with the KKR on April 21, Sunday at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad.
- Slated for an 4:00 pm begin, the toss will take place at 3:30 pm along with the arrival of the team news. The Star Sports network will be broadcasting the third encounter of the weekend on all its sports channels.
Sunrisers Hyderabad: David Warner, Jonny Bairstow (WK), Kane Williamson (C), Vijay Shankar, Yusuf Pathan, Deepak Hooda, Rashid Khan, Shahbaz Nadeem, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Sandeep Sharma, K Khaleel Ahmed
Kolkata Knight Riders: Sunil Narine, Chris Lynn, Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Robin Uthappa, Andre Russell, Dinesh Karthik (C&WK), Piyush Chawla, Kuldeep Yadav, Harry Gurney/Matt Kelly, Prasidh Krishna/Sandeep Warrier
Must Read: IPL 2019 Points Table