Ivanka Trump, the daughter and advisor of US President Donald Trump arrived at Hyderabad today to address the Global Business Meet. She is leading the US delegation for the eighth edition of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit to be held in the capital city of Indian state Andhra Pradesh. PM Modi will be inaugurating the Global Entrepreneurship Summit which is going to be a 3-day long summit.
- Organised by the NITI Aayog in partnership with the government of the United States of America, it is for the first time that GES is being held in a South-Asian country. The theme for this Global Business Meet 2017 is “Women First, Prosperity for All”, as tweeted by PM Modi.
- A tweet from official GES 2017 account mentioned that the main objective of this summit is to provide a platform for entrepreneurs, especially women entrepreneurs, to pitch ideas to investors.
- A 350-member US delegation led by Ms Trump includes top administration officials and a large number of Indian-Americans. The summit will also feature 1,200 young entrepreneurs, mostly women. The youngest person attending the meet is 13, say officials.
- Apart from inaugurating this business meet, PM Modi will also flag off the first phase of Hyderabad Metro.
- If reports are to go by, Ivanka will be a part of a discussion concerning the increase of women workforce through skills training, education, and mentorship on the second day.
- Since the theme of the business summit is Women first, a number of leading female voices will speak at various plenaries, breakout sessions, master classes, and workshops, including tennis champion Sania Mirza, Google’s Vice President of Next Billion Users Diana Louise Patricia Layfield and CEO of Afghan Citadel Software Company Roya Mahboob.
- The closing session of GES will be bringing together the key influencers that support, promote and fund women entrepreneurs.