Do you know about the journey of Divyanka Tripathi aka Ishi maa? How she started off her career and rose to that fame she enjoys today.
The very famous Divyanka Tripathi is one of the most popular television faces among the Indian audience. She gained immense popularity playing the character of Dr. Ishita Bhalla, married to Raman Bhalla, a businessman, in Hindi daily soap ‘Yeh Hai Mohabatein’,. They have a daughter named Ruhi, who lovingly calls her ‘Ishimaa’, hence she is popular with that name. Her wedding with co-star Vivek Dahiya was also in news.
Here is everything you need to know about the journey of Divyanka Tripathi aka Ishi maa.
- She is also known by her married name Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya. The Beautiful Indian actress was born on 14 December 1984 in Bhopal Madhya Pradesh.
- She attended Nutan College in Bhopal and also completed a mountaineering course from the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering in Uttarkashi.
- Tripathi started her career as an anchor on Akash Vani in Bhopal. She participated in Pantene Zee Teen Queen in 2003 and won the title of Miss Beautiful Skin.
- She also participated in ‘India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj’ in 2004 and was declared a winner from Bhopal zone and was later crowned Miss Bhopal.
- Tripathi made her first acting debut in telefilms for Doordarshan. She played a double role in Zee TV’s serial ‘Banoo Main Teri Dulhann’. She received recognition playing the roles of Vidya, an orphan and illiterate girl, and Divya as a modern and literate girl.
- Gradually she went on to winning many awards for her performance in the show including the Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress in Drama Category and the Indian Telly Award for Fresh New Face.
- She also featured in the second season of Ssshhhh…Phir Koi Hai, a horror thriller on Star Plus.
- Later, she appeared in SAB TV’s comedy-drama Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale, where she played the role of Rashmi Sharma, a housewife.
- Divyanka has portrayed the character of Dr Ishita Bhalla in Ekta Kapoor’s show ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ opposite Karan Patel since 2013; she played a role of an infertile dentist who marries a Chief Executive Officer.
- She gained immense popularity from this show as her portrayal of Ishita won her many awards and nominations such as the Indian Telly award, the Lions Gold Award, and the Boroplus Gold Award, all for Best Actress in a Lead Role.
- In 2015, she received Shan-E-Bhopal award.
- She received six awards at Star Parivaar Awards in 2006 and two awards at the Gold Awards for Face of The Year and Best Actress in a Lead Role.
- Divyanka got engaged to her ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ co-actor Vivek Dahiya on 16th January 2016, later they got married on 8 July 2016 in Bhopal.
- In 2014, Divyanka was ranked number 23 among the ‘35 Hottest Actresses in Indian Television’ by MensXP.com, an Indian lifestyle website for men.
- She became the first Indian television actress who appeared in the Forbes list – 2017 Celebrity 100, a list based on the income and popularity of India’s celebrities.
For more stories like the journey of Divyanka Tripathi aka Ishi maa, Like and subscribe to tentaran.com.