Kagiso Rabada facts – Kagiso Rabada is a South African International cricketer born on 25 May 1995. He is a fast bowler and plays domestic cricket for the Highveld Lions. He is also known as KG. Rabada made his Twenty20 international debut in November 2014 before going on to make his Test debut in November 2015.
Here are some facts to know about Kagiso Rabada
- In 2014, Rabada was part of South African team in ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
- Rabada made his T20 International debut for South Africa against Australia on 5 November 2014.
- In February 2015, Rabada made a record by taking 14 wickets in a match for Lions against Dolphins, including 9 for 33 in the second innings.
- In July 2016, Rabada became the first cricketer to win six awards at Cricket South Africa’s (CSA) annual dinner which included Cricketer of the Year Award.
- Rabada was suspended for the second Test at Trent Bridge during the first Test at Lord’s in South Africa’s 2017 tour of England for using “inappropriate language” with Ben Stokes.
- Rabada was bought by the Delhi Daredevils team for the 2017 IPL for INR 50 million.
Also read: Facts about Australian Cricketer Steve Smith
- He topped ICC ODI bowler rankings and ICC Test bowler rankings by January 2018 by which time he was only 22 yrs. old.
- He became the youngest bowler to take 150 wickets in Tests In July 2018.
- Rabada again won Cricketer of the Year award including six other awards at CSA’s annual dinner in June 2018.
- He was bought for the second time by Delhi team in IPL 2018 auction but his back injury resulted in his being ruled out of the season.
Must read: Facts about Rashid Khan the Afghan cricketer
- During the first test of India’s tour of South Africa in 2018 at Newlands, Rabada took 3/34 in the first inning and 2/41 in the second innings.
- In the same year Rabada became top-ranked Test bowler in the world as per the ICC Test bowler rankings.
- In 2018, with 52 dismissals, Rabada took the most wickets in Tests by any bowler.
- Following the success, in March 2019 Rabada took his 100th wicket in ODIs in the second ODI against Sri Lanka.
- Rabada is considered as one of the best fast bowlers going around in the world and is currently playing for Delhi Capitals in IPL.
- He is the holder of Purple cap in IPL 2019.