Kashmir live updates :
The revocation of Article 370 will be applicable from the day the bill is signed by the President of India. The government has proposed to revoke Article 370.
In view of the current security situation in Jammu, PM of Pakistan, Khan said, “We are two nuclear-armed countries if tensions rise then there is a danger to the world from this”
- The security forces today killed 3 terrorists in an encounter at Tral in South Kashmir’s Pulwama region.
- Today, the Indian army attacked terror camps located inside POK, in which three camps were destroyed and 6 to 10 soldiers of the Pakistan army were killed.
- Sources said the terror launch pads in Neelam valley opposite the Tangdhar sector of Kupwara were destroyed in the artillery strikes. The artillery strike was provided by Pakistan Army to push terrorists into the Indian territory.
- Nearly 5-8 civilians near the Anantnag DC office in Jammu & Kashmir were injured due to a grenade attack earlier this morning.
- While the situation in Jammu and Kashmir is slowly becoming normal, Pakistan-sponsored terrorist outfits have been pressurizing residents not to go for their daily business.
- Pak-sponsored terrorist outfits, especially Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammed are creating pressure on people to close shops and petrol pumps.
- The Indian Army confirmed an infiltration attempt by a Pakistan Border Action Team (BAT) squad which was foiled along the Line of Control (LoC) in Keran sector in the first week of August.
- Indian Army retaliated To Pakistan’s Shelling in Jammu And Kashmir’s Rajouri. Due to the heavy shelling by Pakistans, several houses in the Nowshera sector were damaged.
- 100s of terrorists waiting along India border for infiltration with Pakistan Army support
- 10 step plan brought out by Modi Govt for development in Kashmir. Various ministries shall collaborate.
- PM of Pakistan, Khan said that they will not initiate military conflict with India. “We are two nuclear-armed countries if tensions rise then there is a danger to the world from this,” Khan said at the International Sikh Convention in Lahore.
- Imran Khan conducts an anti-India rally, where thousands of Pakistanis took part in an anti-India rally in Karachi.
- Pakistan- trained commandos activate alert at India’s two ports, Mundra Port and Kandla Port.
- Pakistan Prime Minister, Imran Khan raised the issue of rights violation commit by India in the Kashmir region.
- Pakistan suspends Samjhauta Express services after India took the major step of revoking Article 370. Islamabad has also lodged official protests against the separation of the state into two Union Territories.
- Development Commissioner Srinagar, Shahid Chaudhary, said that the DC Office launched two helplines numbers — 9419028242, 9419028251 for the students living outside Jammu and Kashmir. They can contact people in Kashmir through these lines.
- Congress MP, Ghulam Nabi Azad stopped at Srinagar Airport on 08 August.
- Delhi IGI Airport asks Flyers to reach 4hrs before because of security arrangements made for Independence Day and in view of tensions in Kashmir.
- Harnath Singh Yadav, BJP MP has given Zero hour notice in Rajya Sabha over ‘injustice towards employees of institutions accredited to All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)’
- Home Minister Amit Shah to move the Jammu & Kashmir Reorganisation Bill 2019, The Jammu & Kashmir Reservation (Second Amendment) Bill 2019 and the resolution revoking Article 370 from J&K, in Lok Sabha today.
- He asked as to how is Article 370 protecting the culture of Kashmir and said that it only protects three families.
- You stand here in Parliament and say bloodshed will happen in Kashmir. What message are you sending to the valley? Don’t people there have the right to live in the 21st century? Shah asked.
- It is the time for Article 370 to go away Shah said. He also said that after the abrogation of Article 370, Jammu & Kashmir will truly become an integral part of India
- Amit Shah: Those who are up against the abrogation of Article 370, their kids are studying in London and Europe.
- Home Minister Shah said that Article 370 prevented people of Kashmir from availing the benefits of RTI. He also said that Article 370 ruined J&K and was responsible for poverty in the state.
- Shah also said that Article 370 hindered development in J&K and gave rise to terrorism. We have come out with a historic bill. The bloodbath in Jammu & Kashmir will end with the abrogation of 370.
- Amit Shah also said that we do not believe in politics of religion, or vote-bank politics? He asked if only Muslims live in Kashmir? No, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, Hindus, Jains, all live there. If Article 370 is good it is good for everyone and if it is bad, then it is bad for everyone, he further added.
- Shah said that article 370 was responsible for the monopoly of business in Kashmir and only a few chosen families gained. It was due to Article 370 that the agencies that control corruption are not allowed there.
- Home Minister Amit Shah said that massive corruption happened because of Article 370 and the progress was blocked. Article 370 is the root of terrorism he further added.
- Amit Shah said that thousands have lost their lives in Kashmir and asked as to who is responsible for this?
- Shah said that refugees from Pakistan who settled in Kashmir never got the citizenship of Kashmir.
Kashmir unrest live updates
The Idea Of ‘One India-One Rule’ has been picking pace for some time. Any special rights of a community which prevents equality for Indian nationals or prevents any movement physically or resource-wise have been the subject of debate for some time. Modi Government has earlier removed movement restrictions from Nagaland, Mizoram & Andaman Nikobar as also made it easier for free movement of resources to all states of India. It is an important point to note that Kashmir & Ladakh need major investments from India to create the infrastructure for gainfully developing and leveraging the huge demographic & natural advantages of the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Once the investments start it is expected that terrorism and Pakistani sponsorship shall die a natural death.
Constitution(application to Jammu and Kashmir) Order 2019 pic.twitter.com/ueZWl8VU59
— ANI (@ANI) August 5, 2019
Kashmir unrest live updates
Here are the Kashmir unrest live updates of all that is going on in Jammu and Kashmir
- The central government has also reportedly told the states to take special care of the residents of Jammu and Kashmir, especially students from J&K against any mischief or breach of peace.
- Ministry of Home Affairs has reportedly issued an order to Chief Secretaries & DGPs of all state/Union Territories and Commissioner of Police, Delhi to issue immediate instructions to security forces & law enforcement agencies in all states to put them on the maximum alert.
- 8000 more soldiers rushed to Kashmir valley.
- Mayawati supports BJP government on scrapping of Article 370 for Jammu And Kashmir.
- This major order may be called the Constitution Order, 2019.
- It shall come into force at once, and shall replace the Constitution Order, 1954 as revised from time to time.
- J&K is no longer a state. It will be a union territory from now onward. J&K proposed to be a UT with Legislation.
- And Laddakh will also be a separate Union Territory. Ladakh to be a UT without Legislation
- The revocation of Article 370 will be applicable from the day the bill is signed by the President of India.
- The government has proposed to revoke Article 370.
- PM Modi reached Parliament. A new direction to Kashmir policy is expected today.
- Prahlad Joshiji, Mr.Gauba, Ravi Shankar Prasadji & Amitshahji continue to be in a meeting in parliament premises.
- India’s Upper House ‘Rajya Sabha’ takes up Jammu and Kashmir on the floor. This is a big development & opens up speculation about the change in the constitutional status of Jammu & Kashmir. Let’s wait for the official announcement.
- Mr. Amit Shah expected to make statements in both houses at 11 am & 12noon.
- The cabinet meeting is now over. An official statement from Mr. Amit Shah on Jammu and Kashmir J&K is expected at 11 am today.
- In the meantime, all communications means – fixed line, mobiles & internet connections are blocked
- India is waiting for some announcement after the Cabinet Meet which is expected to start at 9.30 am.
- The Home Minister, Mr.Amit Shah & Law Minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad have already arrived at 7, LKM The residence of PM Modi.
- The head of NSA Mr.Doval was there as well but, he left after a few minutes.
- Overnight, the situation in Kashmir has taken a new turn and Section144 has been imposed preventing any large gathering of people. Internet services are shut. Schools & colleges are closed for the day.
- All major local leaders like the Abdulla family & Mehbooba Mufti have been advised to stay indoors at their homes
- Trains & flights to & from Jammu are fully functional. No commercial vehicles are on road though.
- Government has arranged for vehicles from Jammu to take Vaishnodevi pilgrims to Katra and that Yatra is continuing.
Kashmir issue live news
- Chinar Corps Commander Lt General KJS Dhillon paid tribute to Sepoy Rambir of 34 Rashtriya Rifles of the Indian Army, who lost his life in Shopian encounter on 02 August.
- BJP plans to unfurl tricolor across Kashmir on August 15. BJP state chief says that they have decided to unfurl tricolor across the valley on August 15.
- Specialized wing of the Indian CRPF, Rapid Action Force (RAF) reached Jammu to deal with any difficult situation that may arise.
- Jammu and Kashmir government asked Amarnath Yatra tourists to “immediately” cut short their stay in the Kashmir Valley and return.
Kashmir unrest live updates
- After Amarnath, Jammu and Kashmir govt. suspended the annual Machail Mata pilgrimage in hilly Kishtwar’s Paddar area adjoining Kashmir Valley.
- BSF arrests a Pakistan intruder along Indo-Pak border near Firozpur in Punjab. Concerned authorities are questioning him about his whereabouts and intentions. Nothing offensive is recovered from him.
- One terrorist has been killed in an encounter by the security forces in Sopore. One Army personnel also got injured. The encounter took place between terrorists and the security forces in Malmapanpora area of Warpora of North Kashmir’s Sopore.
Kashmir unrest live updates
- Another 28,000 troops are sent to Kashmir Valley week after 10,000 were deployed.
- In the last four days, over 281 companies of paramilitary forces have been received in Kashmir Valley.
Kashmir issue live news