Five Best Places to Visit in Munnar – Mountains covered with tea plantations offering a picturesque beauty is what makes Munnar one of the popular tourist destinations in Kerala. It is the best place for the tired souls who want to spend some time in tranquility away from the humdrum of busy city life.
Here are the five best places to visit in Munnar:
1. Kolukkumalai Tea Estates
- Munnar is also called as the land of tea estates, so a trip without visiting one would really be incomplete!
- A 40-minute drive from Munnar, Kolukkumalat Tea Estates is one of the most beautiful tea gardens located at an elevation of 8000 ft.
- Take a stroll at this picturesque tea estate amidst a soothing cold breeze which carries a mild aroma of the tea leaves to rejuvenate yourself!
2. Anamudi Peak
- Being a paradise for adventure junkies, Anamudi Peak offers great sports that are sure to give an adrenaline rush to the adventure lovers.
- A trek to the Anamudi peak is definitely an experience in itself and is sure to leave even the most seasoned of the trekkers gasping in awe of its wildlife bounteousness, lush terrain, and gorgeous scenic beauty.
- The three beautiful rivers, Thamirabarani, Vaigai, and Periyar adds an unmatched heavenly charm
3. Eravikulam National Park
- Located about 15 km from the city center, Eravikulam National Park is spread across 97 acres of land and is one of its kind.
- Eravikulam National Park houses a number of wild species including gaurs, sambar deer, Indian muntjacs, small-clawed otters, golden jackals, Indian bisons and a variety of mongoose.
4. Mattupetty Dam & Lake
- One of the best spots for picnic lovers, Mattupetty Dam which is built on the serene Mattupetty river is the top pick for people who enjoy picnics at tranquil spots.
- Once you’re here you can indulge in different kinds of recreational activities like boating or just stroll at the lakeside in the evening.
5. Top Station
- The most famous sightseeing spot of Munnar, Top Station attracts hundreds of tourists towards it.
- Located at an elevation of 1700 ft, Top Station is the highest point in Munnar and hence offers the beautiful view of rivers, hills and valleys abounding the Western Ghats.
- A ropeway amidst the lush green hills adds magic to the place!
For booking and know more about five best places to visit in Munnar click on enquire now button.
Recommended Reading: Best five places to visit in Kumarakom