An unspoiled tropical forest, Thekkady is known for its exuberant nature, spice plantations, and wildlife. The picturesque beauty amidst the tea and coffee plantations, this place tops the list of every nature lover. There’re various destinations that also attract the adventure junkies for the love of trekking experience!
Here’re the best five places to visit in Thekkady that you must never miss:
1. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Located on the banks of Periyar river, this wildlife sanctuary can be visited by boat and needs to be booked in advance through the official government website.
- Home to a significant population of elephants, lions, bison amongst other animals, this wildlife sanctuary is extremely picturesque thereby making it an incredible place for photography lovers.
2. Abraham’s Spice Garden
- One of the most aromatic places to explore in Thekkady, Abraham’s Spice Garden is famous for spice cultivation, Ayurveda, and organic farming.
- The lush green surroundings and the aroma of spices are all that you want to explore in Spice capital of India! You sure will end up buying some spices.
- Once you’re here, you can have lunch at Kumily Coconut Garden, Annapoorna Restaurant and Nellicka Restaurant.
- The tranquil countryside and exuberant jungles around Thekkady never fail to mesmerize the tourists.
- This is the best place to visit for some relaxing peaceful day amidst the lap of nature.
- The solitude and peace that this place offers is really unmatched. Words are not enough to describe and you have to go to this place to witness the serenity of the place!
- The cascading waterfalls at this place will surely mesmerize you with its beauty!
- The best place for staying here would be Beaumont Plantation Retreat or Eco Inn and Pepper Valley.
- Bestowed with the most exotic flora and fauna in Thekkady, Pandikuzhi is the best picnic spot around the city.
- There are numerous streams in here which make it an ideal day out picnic spot!
Once here, you can eat your lunch at White House, Dream Land or Periyar Wood. They serve the best keralite food around here!
Recommended Reading: Best five places to visit in Kumarakom