Let’s take a stroll over some key investments in jio platforms … Jio Platforms is on the rise and has been offering its stake to various companies recently. Jio Platforms Ltd is an Indian digital services company and a subsidiary of RIL established in 2019. The company owns Jio and other digital businesses of Reliance.
key investments in jio platforms – Businesses
Here is a list of the businesses owned by Jio Platforms:
- Jio, telecom and broadband services
- JioTv, live TV
- JioCinema, video-on-demand
- JioSaavn, online music streaming services
- JioChat, messaging
- JioMeet, Video-conferencing
- JioBrowser, web browser
- JioSwitch, file sharing
- JioPOS Lite, recharge commission earning
- JioGameslite, online gaming
- JioMoney, digital currency and payments services
- JioMart, online grocery delivery services
Now, let’s take a look at some key investments in jio platforms –
In October 2019, RIL announced the creation of Jio Platforms. Following this, Rs 1.08 trillion liability of Jio was transferred to RIL. In return for this, RIL received preferential shares of Jio Platforms.
In May 2020, Jio Platforms’ enterprise value was estimated to be Rs 5.15 trillion. The company was reported as the 4th largest Indian company by market capitalization. Since April 2020, RIL has so far raised a total of Rs 1,52,056 crores by selling 32.97% equity stake in Jio Platforms. Mukesh Ambani said that RIL is now truly a net debt-free company ahead of schedule. Let’s find out who are the key investors in Jio platforms before Google.
- Facebook Inc acquired a 9.99% stake in Jio Platforms for an investment of Rs 435.74 billion.
- Silver Lake Partners acquired a 1.15% stake in Jio Platforms for an investment of Rs 56.5575 billion.
- Mubadala acquired a 1.85% stake in Jio Platforms for an investment of Rs 90.9360 billion.
- Silver Lake acquired an additional 2.08% stake in Jio Platforms for an investment of Rs 45.47 billion.
- ADIA (Abu Dhabi Investment Authority) acquired a 1.16% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 56.84 billion.
- TPG acquired a 0.93% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 45.468 billion.
- Catterton acquired a 0.39% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 18.945 billion.
- PIF, Saudi Arabia’s sovereign fund, acquired a 2.32% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 113.67 billion.
Further key investments in jio platforms –
- Intel acquired a 0.39% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 18.94 billion.
- Qualcomm acquired a 0.15% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 7.3 billion.
- Google acquired a 7.7% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 337.37 billion.