Better known as “King of Romance”, “King Khan” and “Badshah of Bollywood”, this actor has indeed given his heart and soul to the Film industry. Setting a benchmark in the field of romance, Shahrukh Khan, without a doubt is a heartthrob even after crossing 50. Bagging 14 Filmfare awards, SRK has been named as the most successful actor in the world in terms of both fan following and income.
- Khan began his acting career from television series in the late 1980s. His first debut film, Deewana, established him as a villain. In Darr, Baazigar, and Anjana he had portrayed a badman but it was from Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaengy (DDLJ) he stole hearts with those oh-so-romantic lines. There was no looking back and today, he is the ‘King of Romance’.
- He had received his first Filmfare Award for Best Actor for the impeccable role in Baazigar. Chennai Express, Dilwale and Happy New Year are among King Khan’s highest-earning films.
- The Badshah has his own production company named ‘Red Chillies’, owns an IPL (Indian Premier League) team – Kolkata Knight Rider and is also West Bengal’s Brand Ambassador.
- It’s been more than 1000 weeks when DDLJ was released. It was stated to be “all time blockbuster” by Box Office India, with a gross of over ₹1.22 billion (US$19 million) worldwide and the longest-running film which is still shown at the Maratha Mandir theatre.
- Shah Rukh was awarded Padma Shri in 2005. Order des Arts et des Lettres in 2007 and Legion d’honneur in 2014 by the Government of France. In 2011, UNESCO honored him with Pyramide con Marni award for being a helping hand towards children’s education. He is often looked upon as one of the most influential people.
- The superstar received the degree of Doctor Honoris Causa from the University Chancellor HRH The Princess Royal in Edinburgh in recognition of his outstanding record of philanthropy, altruism and humanitarianism and his global reach as an actor.
- Recently, Forbes stated him as the 8th highest paid actor in the world and the highest paid in India.