Here’s today business news, the latest business news India today 2 March 2021.
- ImaginXP, an edu-tech enterprise, is said to have raised $1.5 million in a funding round led by Venture Catalysts along with Krish Kupathil, Samyakth Capital, Shashank Deshpande, among others.
- Palo Alto Networks, a Cybersecurity company, has appointed Anil Valluri, former Google and NetApp executive, as regional VP – India and the Saarc region.
- The board of Bharat Petroleum Corporation has approved the sale of its 61.65% stake in the Numaligarh refinery for Rs.9,875 crores. Out of this, 49% stake will be acquired by the consortium of OIL and Engineers India Ltd while the balance 13.65% will be sold to the Assam government.
- Bondholders of Srei group have moved NCLAT against an order of the Kolkata bench of NCLT that allowed Srei Equipment Finance to skip repayments from 1 January to 30 June.
- PhonePe is said to have clocked around 972 million UPI transactions in February 2021, garnering approx. 42% market share on the payment infrastructure.
- Reliance Industries is said to be teaming up with Facebook, Google and Infibeam Avenues to apply for a license from RBI for electronic payments.
- Airtel Xstream has partnered with DIVO Movies through which the entire Tamil movie catalogue, including exclusive premieres, of Divo will be available on the Airtel Xstream app.
Latest business news India today 2 March 2021 – business news headlines today
Today business news – business today – latest business news
- India’s finance ministry is said to be considering cutting excise duties on petrol and diesel to cushion the impact of record-high domestic prices.
- The government has accepted the VRS of the incumbent chairman of Oriental Insurance, SN Rajeswari. She has already been selected as a member (distribution) in IRDAI for three years.
- IATA is planning to launch its travel pass (a mobile app) by the end of March and is in talks with Indian authorities and airlines for using the pass in India. The app will help passengers to manage their travel easily meeting the government guidelines.
- DLF Cyber City Developers has raised around Rs.2,500 crores through two lease rental discounting transactions.
- Delhi Government has suspended subsidy to Tata Motors’ Nexon EV pending an enquiry on a complaint about the alleged sub-standard range on EV.
- Siemens Ltd. has completed the acquisition of electrical and electronic equipment maker C&S Electric, its biggest acquisition in India, for Rs.2,100 crores.
- PE firm, True North has acquired an 8% stake in Anthem Biosciences – pharmaceutical research, development, and manufacturing company, for $85 million.
- Food and consumer affairs minister Piyush Goyal has asked the Bureau of Indian Standards to cut quality testing charges for MSMEs, startups & women entrepreneurs.
- Sterlite Technologies, the Telecom equipment manufacturer, has bagged orders worth $100 million in Africa and the Middle East.
- Elise Becker has been appointed VP-Asia Pacific for Lufthansa Group Airlines from May 1, 2021.
Latest business news India today 2 March 2021 – business news India today
Business news live – latest news – business news today india
- IPL team franchise Mumbai Indians has entered into a partnership with DHL Express to be on board as a principal sponsor and official logistics partner of the team.
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences has filed a draft red herring prospectus with Sebi to raise funds through IPO.
- Air India has cancelled the leaves of all its pilots with immediate effect due to the rising number of travelling passengers.
- WhatsApp has added a new feature for android users who can now mute videos before uploading on stories or chats.
- As per the data from the National Payments Corporation of India, total UPI transactions in the country stood at 2.29 billion in February 2021.
Must Read: Bollywood celebrities’ birthday in march
To keep yourself abreast with the latest business news India today 2 March 2021 – business news headlines today, business news india, India startup world news, latest business news, business news live, latest news, business news today India, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. For watching our collection of videos, follow us on YouTube.