Latest India Business News 21st September 2018
Read the latest India business news 21st September 2018:
– Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services has reportedly hired SBI to find an investor for the majority stake in IL&FS Financial Services worth approx. ₹ 4,500 crore to pay down debts to avoid bankruptcy.
– Airtel is planning to build content on healthcare and education. It is also working on to sharpen its focus on regional music and videos to fight it out with Reliance Jio.
– Swiggy is reportedly in talks with new investors like Tencent Holdings to raise around $700 million to enter new businesses and areas like hyperlocal delivery space.
Must Read: 5 Successful travel and transport Indian startups in India
– Amid reports of deteriorating financial health, a consortium of overseas lenders to Jet Airways may ask the airline to expedite repayment of their loans worth $150 million. The lenders have already sent a letter to Jet Airways raising some queries.
– Despite a few central government ministers batting, petroleum products are not likely to be brought under GST in the near future.
– BNP Paribas Cardif is wanting to sell its 22% stake in SBI Life Insurance and has already appointed three investment banks to look for buyers.
– As WhatsApp has not given any assurance to the government regarding tracing of origin of the fake messages, the Government is likely to issue another notice to the firm by next week.
For more updates, do Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
News credit: Livemint, Economic Times, Business Standard