Latest India Business News headlines 15th May 2019
- Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma has informed that the recent fraud of cashbacks of around Rs.10 Crores at Paytm Mall involved hundreds of sellers and tens of employees.
- Vinay Dube, Jet Airways CEO resigned yesterday citing personal reasons. Amit Agarwal, Dy CEO & CFO had put in his papers a day before.
- Apple has started rolling out its TV app in over 100 countries including India. The App would run across devices, including iPhones, iPads, Apple TVs and Samsung smart TVs that are part of its 2019 line-up.
InnoVen Capital has raised $200 million in equity from its shareholders Temasek and United Overseas Bank. InnoVen offers debt to startups across India, China, and Southeast Asia. Firm’s portfolio includes Swiggy, Oyo and Byju’s.RBI has appointed Rama Subramaniam Gandhi, former deputy governor, as an additional director on the board of Yes Bank.
- WhatsApp has asked all its users to update their apps and OS following a suspected spyware attack. It is rolling out a new update to fix the loophole that allowed remote access by just placing a WhatsApp call, irrespective of the fact whether you receive it or not.
Must Read: Voting percentage in last six phases
- Falcon Edge, a New-York based investment firm, may invest around $30 million in Stanza Living, a student accommodation venture.
- Myntra-Jabong have appointed Harish Narayanan as Head of Marketing. Narayanan was previously with YouTube as Head of B2B Marketing (Asia Pacific).
- Paytm has launched a credit card with Citigroup expecting it may help Paytm stay ahead of rivals in the Indian digital payments market.
- NCLAT has refused banks plea to stay voting by the creditors’ panel of Jaypee Infratech on the revised offer of NBCC.
- Fortis Healthcare has submitted an affidavit in the Delhi High Court informing it of Sebi’s order to recover Rs.403 crores from Singh brothers who allegedly diverted funds
Also Read: Top 10 Delhi University Colleges