Read Latest India Business News headlines 16th January 2019:
– Most of the online video streaming platforms have agreed to a code of self-regulation to be received from I&B ministry.
– Amazon and Flipkart have requested for extension of Feb.1 deadline for about 6 months to comply with the new FDI policy.
– Danone is leading an investment of Rs.182 Crores in Indian yogurt maker Epigamia. Danone had exited from dairy business in India about a year ago.
– Adani Transmission is planning to raise around Rs.3,000 crores through QIP by March. It plans to use the capital for capex and debt reduction.
– Petronas, Malaysia’s state-owned oil and gas company, is in discussions with I Squared Capital to buy a majority stake in Amplus Energy Solutions for around Rs.2700 Crores. Amplus is one of India’s largest rooftop solar power producers.
– As per a report released in Global Aviation Summit 2019, India’s air passenger traffic is expected to grow sixfold to 1.1 billion per year by 2040.
– Fortis Healthcare has completed the acquisition of assets of RHT Health Trust. Fortis had entered into a definitive agreement with RHT to acquire its entire portfolio in Feb.2018.
– Indospace shall invest Rs.650 crore in Gujarat to build three logistic parks. Work on the first logistics park near Ahmedabad has already started.
– As per RBI, under the one-day default rule total outstanding loans of borrowers declined more than 60% to Rs.55,070 crores as on 30th Sept 2018 from Rs.1.53 trillion as on 30th June.
Must Read: Pro Wrestling League 2019 Format
– Rashid Al-Habtoor, the Emirati business tycoon, has made an offer to acquire The Leela group of hotels for around Rs.4200 Crores.
– Qatar Airways CEO has said that they are not interested in buying a stake in Jet Airways as it is backed by its rival Etihad. He also said that Qatar Airways would be delighted to buy a stake in IndiGo.
– WayCool, a tech-enabled supply chain platform for fresh produce, staples and dairy products, has raised Rs.120 crores in equity and debt from impact investors. The firm wants to use funds for expansion and technology strengthening.
– V.G. Siddhartha’s planned exit has put Mindtree promoters in a sell or stay dilemma. The promoters are compelled to decide in the next two weeks to either sell a part of their holdings to the buyer, along with Siddhartha, or just let the buyer purchase shares from the market and force an open offer to gain Mindtree control.
– Mullen Lintas has announced appointment of Vikas Mehta as the new CEO. Mullen Lintas is the creative agency of the MullenLowe Lintas Group and has clients like Bajaj Auto, Dabur India, Viacom.
– Rahul Bajaj and his three cousins—Shekhar, Madhur and Niraj—have signed an agreement on the succession plan of their businesses to avoid any dispute among the family members. Although the agreement was signed in June 2018, the details have emerged only now.
– With the increased need for more security layers, Blockchain techies are much in demand. The salaries for senior blockchain professionals is said to have hit Rs.4 Crores pa from Rs.1.5-2 Crores a year ago.
News credit: Livemint, Economic Times, Business Standard