Read the latest India business news today 18 January 2021.
- A plea in the Delhi High Court has challenged the scheme of amalgamation of Lakshmi Vilas Bank with DBS, contending shareholders being “left in the lurch” and their interests not being protected.
- BharatPe has raised Rs.139 crores in debt from Alteria Capital and ICICI Bank. Rs.90 crores came from Alteria Capital and Rs.49 crores from ICICI Bank.
- Wipro has completed its Rs.9,500 crores share buyback program.
- YouTube is said to be currently experimenting with embedding shopping links within videos to help sellers and viewers.
- Amazon Prime Video may invest in more Indian content as India is among the fastest-growing markets for Amazon Prime Video globally.
- Metropolis Healthcare has agreed to acquire Dr Ganesan’s Hitech Diagnostic Centre in a cash and stock combination deal.
Latest India business news today 18 January 2021 – business news headlines today
- A parliamentary IT Panel has called representatives of Facebook and Twitter on 21 January to discuss various concern areas.
- The restaurants and food delivery sector has demanded a reduction of GST to 5% from the current 18%.
- SpiceJet will start a direct daily flight from Delhi to Pakyong, Sikkim from 23 January. Pakyong is one of the most beautiful airports in the world.
Must Read: Special days in January
- Latest India business news today 18 January 2021 – business news headlines today
- The government may soon approve the policy to scrap 15-year old vehicles to spur the adoption of electric vehicles.
- IAMAI has requested the government to reduce TDS deducted from sellers on e-comm platforms from 1% to 0.25%.
- PM Narendra Modi has announced a seed fund of Rs.1000 crores for startups.
Must Read: The complete list of long weekends in 2021
For more articles like, “Latest India business news today 18 January 2021 – business news headlines today”, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. For watching our collection of videos, follow us on YouTube.