Alia Bhatt is one of the youngest and most sensational actresses of Bollywood. We all know that she is the daughter of Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan and step-sister of Pooja Bhatt, who are all well known in their respective fields of work. Alia has made a strong impression on her fans and critics by working on films of various genres like Highway, Student of the year, 2 States, Dear Zindagi, Kalank and many more. She works hard to give native quality and freshness to any character she plays. In just 7 years, Alia is now counted among the top actresses of B-town and she has a long way to go.
Let’s take a look at some interesting facts about Alia Bhatt.
1. Alia never wanted to be launched by her father in her first movie. She actually gave the audition for Student of the year, like 500 other girls. She was selected by Karan Johar.
2. Alia was overweight during her childhood and earned the title of ‘Aloo’ by her childhood friends. She lost 16 kgs from 67 kgs in just three months for the auditions for Student of the Year.
Must Read: Interesting facts about Anil Kapoor
3. She was first seen as a child artist in the film Sangharsh(1999). She played the younger Preity Zinta in the movie.
4. Alia Bhatt is a trained dancer from Shiamak Davar’s Academy as also took training in A R Rahman’s music school. She has also done playback singing for movies like “Highway” and “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania”.
Must Read: Interesting facts about Sudha Murthy
5. She has been brought up as an atheist by her father and has not been made to follow any religion since her childhood.
6. Alia Bhatt is a big fan of Kareena Kapoor and has been compared with Bebo on many occasions.
7. Alia Bhatt is a fitness freak and health conscious, she believes in keeping an eye on her weight by consuming fresh fruits and vegetables. Her favorite foods include Pasta, Dosa, Cheese, Rabri and Kheer.
8. Most of her fans would also be surprised to know her love for men’s perfumes rather than ladies’ perfumes. Smell is the first thing she is attracted to when it comes to someone’s personality.
9. Besides movies, she also supports PETA and shot a special ad for them, in support of cats and homeless animals.
10. She has a younger sister Shaheen. Pooja Bhatt and Rahul Bhatt are her step-siblings. Her ancestry is very interesting as she is half Kashmiri and German on her mother’s side and Gujrati from her dad’s side.
Must Read: Interesting facts about Govinda