Alia Bhatt is one of the youngest and most sensational actress of Bollywood. We all know she is the daughter of Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan and step sister of Pooja Bhatt who are well known intheir respective fields. Alia has made a strong impression on her fans and critics by working on films of various genres like, Highway, student of the year, 2 States and Dear Zindagi. She works hard to give native quality and freshness to any character she plays. In just 6 years Alia is now counted among the top actresses of B-town and she has a long way to go.
Let’s take a look at some interesting facts about Alia Bhatt.
1. Alia never wanted to be launched by her father in her first movie. She actually gave the audition for student of the year, like 500 other girls. She was selected by Karan Johar.
2. Alia was very overweight during her childhood and earned the title of Aloo by her childhood friends. She lost 16 kgs from 67 kgs in just three months of auditioning for Student of the Year.
3. She was first seen as a child artist in the film Sangharsh(1999). She played the younger Preity Zinta in the movie.
4. Alia Bhatt trained in dancing from Shiamak Davar’s Academy as also took training in A R Rahman’s music school. She has also done playback singing for movies like “Highway” and “Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania.
5. She has been brought up as an atheist by her father and has not been made to follow any religion since her childhood.
6. Alia Bhatt is a big fan of Kareena Kapoor and has been compared with Bebo on many occasions.
7. Alia Bhatt is a fitness freak and health conscious person, who believes in keeping an eye on her weight by consuming fresh fruits and vegetables. Her favorite foods include Pasta, Dosa, Cheese, Rabri and Kheer.
8. Most of fans would also be surprised to know her love for men’s perfumes rather than ladies’ perfumes. Smell is the first thing she is attracted to in someone’s personality.
9. Besides movies she also supports PETA and shot a special ad for them, in support of cats and homeless animals.
10. She has a younger sister Shaheen. Pooja Bhatt and Rahul Bhatt are her step siblings. Her ancestry is very interesting as she is half Kashmiri and German on her mother’s side and Gujrati from her dad’s side.