Some Lesser Known facts about Rani Mukherji
Rani Mukherji is the queen of Bollywood and one of the most successful actresses of all time.She is simple with a husky voice, but she made her own place in the audience as well in b-town. Rani made her Bollywood debut almost two decades ago with Raja Ki Aayegi Baarat. Though the film failed to leave an impact, Rani’s performance caught everyone’s attention. She took the industry by storm by her fashionable role in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai with SRK and Kajol. Her best performance was Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Black which got her critical acclaim.
Now Rani is making a come back to the silver screen after four years with Hichki. In the film, Rani plays Naina Mathur, a character with Tourette syndrome called Hiccup. Hichki is the first film of Rani after her daughter Adira was born. The Film is directed by Sidharth P Malhotra and produced by Maneesh Sharma and Aditya Chopra under the banner of Yash Raj Films.
As we celebrate the 39th birthday of Rani Mukherjee, here are some lesser known facts about her:
- Rani Mukherji was in 10th Class when she got her first movie offer. Her father rejected the movie by saying she is very young to do a movie.
- We all know that Rani made her Hindi Movie debut from Raja Ki Aayegi Barat, but, her first movie was a Bengali film Biyer Phool
- Apart from bringing a talented and versatile actress, she is also a trained Odissi dancer.
- Rani Mukherjee was the only actor who won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress in Hum Tum as Best Supporting actress in Yuva in the year 2005.
- Rani was the first choice for Mani Ratnam’s movie Dil Se, Ashutosh Gowariker’s Lagaan and Rajkumar Hirani’s Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.
- She is the only Bollywood Celebrity to have dinner with Pakistan’s President Parveez Musharraf alongside Manmohan Singh at Ashok Hotel, Delhi in 2005.
- Rani Mukherjee rejected Irrfan Khan starred Hollywood movie The Namesake, as she was working on Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna during that time. The Namesake was later offered to Tabu.
- Rani Mukherjee is one of the few Indian Actresses whose two movies got an official entry of India into Oscars. One is Hey Ram! In 2000 and another one is Paheli in 2005.
- Rani was at number one place in Rediff’s Top Bollywood Female Stars ranking for three consecutive years 2004-2006.
For more updates, do Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+