On 30 May 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his 57-member Council of ministers were sworn in by the President Ram Nath Kovind. PM assigned portfolio to the new ministers. Amit Shah has been nominated as the Home Minister and Rajnath Singh as the Minister of Defense. The list of Cabinet includes some seasoned leaders as also some first-timers. Let’s check out the first-time ministers in Modi Cabinet.
list of first-time cabinet ministers 2019
Debasree Chaudhuri was elected in the Indian general election 2019 from Raiganj, West Bengal as a member of BJP.
She has been made the Minister of State for Women and Child Development.
Pratap Chandra Sarangi
Pratap Chandra Sarangi contested in the 2019 Indian general election from Balasore, as a BJP candidate, in which he defeated Rabindra Kumar Jena by a margin of 12,956 votes.
He is now the Minister of MSME and Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries.
Rameswar Teli is a member of Bhartiya Janata Party and Member of Parliament who contested from Dibrugarh in 17th Lok Sabha.
- He is Minister of State in the Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- Som Parkash is a Member of Parliament from Hoshiarpur Lok Sabha Constituency.
- He is the Minister of Commerce and Industry since 30 May 2019.
Renuka Singh Saruta
- Renuka Singh Saruta is a member of Bhartiya Janata Party.
- She took an oath on 30 May 2019 as Ministry of Tribal Affairs in Narendra Modi cabinet.
- Vellamvelly Muraleedharan was sworn on 30 May 2019 as a Minister of State for External Affairs, Minister of state for Parliamentary affairs.
- He is the fourth BJP leader from Kerala to join the Rajya Sabha.
Rattan Lal Kataria
- Rattan Lal Kataria became the Minister of State for Jal Shakti and Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Nityanand Rai Yadav is the current Minister of Home Affairs.
- He was elected in the 2014 and 2019 General Election from Ujiarpur as a BJP candidate.
Much in the list of first-time cabinet ministers 2019
Angadi Suresh Channabasappa
- Suresh Angadi has been a member of the 16th and 17th Lok Sabha from Belagavi.
- He is currently serving as Minister of State for Railways.
Anurag Singh Thakur
- Anurag Singh Thakur is a member of 17th Lok Sabha from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh and is currently serving as Ministry of Finance and Corporate Affairs.
- From May 2016 to February 2017 he was the President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar is currently serving as the Minister of External Affairs.
He joined IFS in 1977 and served as Foreign Secretary from January 2015 to January 2018.
- Ramesh Pokhriyal was the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand from 2009 to 2011.
- He represents the Haridwar Parliamentary Constituency of Uttarakhand in Lok Sabha and now serving as Minister of Human Resources Development.
Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal is the Member of Parliament from Bathinda and the Union Cabinet Minister of Food Processing of India.
Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Thawar Chand Gehlot is the member of the Rajya Sabha representing the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- He took oath as the Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment of India.
- On 30 May 2019, Pralhad Joshi sworn in as the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Ministry of Coal, and Ministry of Mining.
- Joshi is the Ex-President of the Karnataka state unit of BJP.
Raj Kumar Singh
- Raj Kumar Singh has been appointed as the Minister of State of the Ministry of Power, New and Renewable Energy and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship of India.
- He is a former Indian bureaucrat and Minister of State in the previous Modi cabinet. He is a member of the Parliament since May 2014. He was also former Home Secretary of India.
Hardeep Singh Puri
- Hardeep Singh Puri was a former career diplomat who is currently serving as Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) in the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in India.
- He served as the Union Minister of State in the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in the previous Modi cabinet too.
- Puri is a 1974 batch IFS officer who served as the Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations from 2009 to 2013.
Raosaheb Dadarao Danve
- Raosaheb Dadarao Danve is a Minister of State Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution.
- He won the Jalna Loksabha seat for the 5th time in general elections 2019.
- G. Kishan Reddy took the oath on 30th May 2019 as Union Minister of State (MoS) for Home Affairs in the Government of India.
- Kailash Choudhary took an oath as Union Minister of State, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare of Government of India.
- He also served as the Member of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly representing the Baytoo Vidhan Sabha constituency of Rajasthan.