Live updates after Balakot air strike – the world leaders are reacting and standing up against terror
- A fresh proposal has been submitted by the US, UK and France at the United Nations Security Council to designate Masood Azhar, chief of Jaish-e-Mohammed, a global terrorist. The proposal getting approved would mean that Masood Azhar will be tagged as a ‘UN-designated global terrorist’ as also he will face global travel ban, arms embargo and asset freeze.
- It takes 10 working days for the Security Council Sanctions Committee to consider the proposal. As China has repeatedly blocked the similar proposal in the past by US, UK and France, his reaction is uncertain as of now.
Live updates after Balakot air strike – the world is reacting against terror
- Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono: Concerned about the deteriorating situation in Kashmir. Strongly condemn the terrorist attack on 14Feb for which Islamic extremist group “Jaish-e-Mohammad” claimed responsibility; urge Pakistan to take stronger measures to counter terrorism.: ANI
- Indian High Commission in Pakistan last evening gave a demarche to Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs for an immediate and safe return of Wing Commander Abhinandan. Similar Demarche was given to Pakistan’s acting High Commissioner in New Delhi yesterday.: ANI quoting sources
- NSA Ajit Doval and US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had a telephonic conversation late last night. Pompeo said that the US supported India’s decision to take action against JeM terror camp on Pakistani soil.: ANI quoting sources
- US State Dept to ANI: Cross-border terrorism, such as a recent attack on India’s CRPF, poses a grave threat to the security of the area. We reiterate our call for Pakistan to abide by its United Nations Security Council commitments to deny terrorists safe haven & block their access to funds.: ANI
- US State Department to ANI: The US calls on India & Pakistan to cease all cross-border military activity & for a return to stability. Urge both sides to take immediate steps to de-escalate the situation, including direct communication. Further military activity will exacerbate the situation.: ANI
- Reuters: The United States, Britain and France proposed on Wednesday that the United Nations Security Council blacklist the head of Pakistan-based militant group Jaish-e-Mohammad, which said it attacked an Indian paramilitary convoy in Kashmir.: ANI
Stay with us for more Live updates after Balakot air strike – the world is standing up against terror. Do Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ for India latest news.