Live updates so far on IAF strikes
- Samba: All govt. & private schools within a range of 0 to 5 Kms from International Border to remain closed tomorrow
#JammuAndKashmir : ANI
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal: We have not yet received any instructions from the authorities about any change to the current running of the Samjhauta Express, we will follow whatever directions are received in this regard. : ANI
- MEA: It was made clear that Pakistan would be well advised to ensure that no harm comes to the Indian defence personnel in its custody. India also expects his immediate and safe return.: ANI
- India also strongly objected to Pakistan’s vulgar display of an injured personnel of the Indian Air Force in violation of all norms of International Humanitarian Law and the Geneva Convention.: MEA: ANI
- Pakistan demarched on the act of aggression against India. The Acting High Commissioner of Pakistan was summoned this afternoon by MEA to lodge a strong protest at the unprovoked act of aggression by Pakistan against India earlier today.
- Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner Syed Haider Shah arrived at South Block after being summoned by Ministry of External Affairs. : ANI
- Emirates airlines has cancelled all Pakistan and Afghanistan flights on Wednesday and Thursday due to the closure of both countries’ airspace, a spokeswoman said on Wednesday, reported Reuters news agency.
- Maharashtra and its capital Mumbai has been put on high alert: Press Trust of India
I am praying for the safe return of our brave pilot. May God protect you and give you courage and strength. The nation stands with you.
— Akhilesh Yadav (@yadavakhilesh) February 27, 2019
- MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar and Air Vice Marshal RGK Kapoor addressed the media in Delhi. The statement was made by Raveesh Kumar. They did not take any questions after the statement. The statement said that this morning Pakistan had responded to India’s counter-terrorism action by using its Air Force. Due to our high state of readiness and alertness, Pakistan’s attempts were foiled successfully.
Live updates so far on IAF strikes
- Amid heightened tensions between India and Pakistan, Army’s Eastern Command chief Lt General Manoj Naravane visited Panagarh base in West Bengal on Wednesday and reviewed operational preparedness, a defense official said, reported news agency Press Trust of India
- People are praying for the safe return of Indian Air Force pilot Wing Commander Abhinandan.
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan: All wars in world history have been miscalculated, those who started the wars did not know where it will end. So, I want to ask India, with the weapons you and we have, can we afford miscalculation?: ANI
- Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan: If a war takes place, it will not be in my or Narendra Modi’s control. If you want any kind of talks on terrorism, we are ready. Better sense must prevail. We should sit down & talk : ANI
- The Pakistan airforce was detected and the Indian Air force responded instantly. In that aerial engagement, one Pakistan fighter aircraft was shot down by a MiG-21 Bison of the Indian Air force. The Pakistan aircraft was seen falling on the Pakistan side by the ground forces. We, unfortunately, lost one MiG-21 in this engagement and an Indian pilot is missing in action. Pakistan claims that the pilot is in their custody, however, we are ascertaining the facts.
- “There was night long-heavy firing and mortar shelling along the LoC in most of the areas in Jammu, Rajouri and Poonch districts. However, there was no firing and shelling from across the border on Wednesday,” officials said.
- Army and BSF along IB and LoC have reportedly been put on the highest degree of alertness. Residents of border areas have reportedly been asked to remain inside their homes.
- India has denied claims of Pakistan of shooting down Indian Jets. Pakistan had put out a statement claiming strikes across LOC from within Pakistani airspace. The statement said “This was not retaliation to continued Indian belligerence. Pakistan has, therefore, taken strikes at non-military target, avoiding human loss and collateral damage.”
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi refused to attend the upcoming Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) meet to be held in Abu Dhabi since Sushma Swaraj, Indian External Affairs Minister will be present there as the ‘Guest of Honour’.
- Hon’ble PM Modi cut short his address at a function in Vigyan Bhawan, Delhi, to rush to a meeting to review the emerging situation prevalent in the country: ANI
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh is holding a high-level meeting at North block; NSA, RAW chief, Home Secretary and other officials present at the meeting: ANI
- International flights that transit between Indian and Pakistani airspace now being affected. Some flights returning to origin, while others appear to be seeking alternate routing, reports ANI quoted thru sources
- Pakistan immediately stops its domestic and international flight operations from Lahore, Multan, Faisalabad, Sialkot and Islamabad airports. : @ANI
- Five Indian airports have been closed for civilian air traffic due to the emergency i.e. Jammu, Leh, Srinagar, Chandigarh, and Amritsar. Dehradun airport is also reported to be closed by ANI.
- One of the three Pakistan Air Force’s F-16 that violated Indian air space shot down in Indian retaliatory fire 3KM within Pakistan territory in Lam valley, Nowshera sector.
- One Mi-17 transport chopper crashed in Budgam area of J&K’s.
Following the Pulwama attacks (14th Feb 2019) where 40 CRPF soldiers lost their lives, there was an Airstrike by the Indian Airforce on 26th February 2019. More than 300 terrorists were reported to have been killed in the attack.