Lockdown 2 Guidelines India – While #IndiaFightsCorona , the Lockdown 2.0 Guidelines India are out and will be allowed from 20 April onwards. The central government has come up with a list of economic activities to be permitted after April 20 in certain areas. This move comes in the interests of farmers and daily wage earners.
Below is a list of activities that have been allowed by the home ministry after April 2020 – Home ministry guidelines on lockdown:
Commercial Services allowed after April 20 – Lockdown 2 Guidelines India
- Print and Electronic Media; IT Services with upto 50% strength.
- Data and call centres for Government activities, CSCs at Panchayat level.
- E-commerce companies, courier services, cold storage, and warehousing.
- Private security and facilities management services – hotels, homestays, etc.
- Establishments for quarantine facilities: Self-employed services like electrician, plumbers, etc.
Cargo and Essential Services Allowed after April 20 – Lockdown 2 Guidelines India
- Transportation of cargo (inter & intra state) by Air, Rail, Land, and Sea routes.
- Carrier Vehicles allowed with two drivers and one helper (to empty vehicles for delivery/pick up of goods).
- Supply chain of essential goods like manufacturing, wholesale, retail: shops/carts for essential goods.
- Large brick and mortar stores: dhabas and truck repair shops on highway (for movement of staff and labourers for essential services).
Financial and Social Services Allowed after April 20 – Home ministry guidelines on lockdown
- RBI and RBI regulated financial markets and entities, Banks, ATMs, IT vendors for banking operations.
- SEBI and capital and debt market services: IRDAI and insurance companies.
- Homes for children, divyangs, elderly, etc. including observation homes and after care homes.
- Disbursement of social security pensions and provident fund by EPFO: Operations of Angadwadis.
Also Read: What is Isolation and Self-Quarantine?
Industrial Establishments Allowed after April 20 – 20th April lockdown guidelines
- Industries in rural areas, SEZs, and export oriented units, industrial estates, industrial townships.
- Manufacturing units of essential goods, IT hardware: Food processing units and Jute Industries.
- Coal and mineral production & O&G refinery; Brick kilns in rural areas.
- Construction activities including roads, irrigation projects, renewable energy projects: Construction projects in Municipalities.
Know What Will Remain Closed – Home ministry guidelines on lockdown
- Domestic and International Air Travel: Passenger trains, buses, metro, taxis, inter-state transport except for security and medical purposes.
- Industrial and commercial activities, Hospitality services, educational, training, coaching institutions, etc.
- Cinema halls, malls, Gyms, Bars, pools, entertainment parks, assembly halls, etc.
- All social, political, entertainment, sports complexes, religious places, and other gatherings.
Guideline for Public Spaces
- Wearing face cover and practice of social distancing compulsory.
- Gathering of over 5 persons in public places prohibited.
- Marriages and funerals to be regulated by DMs.
- Spitting in public spaces is punishable with fine.
- Strict ban on sale of liquor, gutka, tobacco, etc.
Movement of Persons Allowed after April 20 – Lockdown 2 Guidelines India
- Private vehicles for medical emergency services and for procuring essential commodities.
- In case of a 4-wheeler, one passenger in the back seat other than the driver is permitted.
- In case of a 2-wheeler, only driver of the vehicle is permitted.
- All personnel travelling to work place as exempted by State/UT/local authority.
Guidelines for Work Spaces – Home ministry guidelines on lockdown
- Adequate arrangements for temperature screening and sanitisers: Ensure social distancing norms.
- Gap of one hour between shifts: Encourage use of Aarogya Setu App.
- Persons above 65 years and parents of children below 5 years encouraged to work from home.
- All organisations to sanitise their workplaces between shifts: Large meetings prohibited.
Public Utilities Allowed after April 20 – Lockdown 2 Guidelines India
- Online educational services including teaching, training, and coaching.
- MNREGA works, priority to irrigation and water conservation, workers to use face masks and observe social distancing.
- Operations of O&G power, pastel services, water, sanitisation, waste management, telecom and internet services.
Health Services Allowed after April 20 – 20th April lockdown guidelines
- Hospitals, nursing homes, telemedicine facilities, medical shops, and dispensaries.
- Medical research, COVID-19 related labs and collection centres: Authorised private establishments.
- Veterinary hospitals, dispensaries, clinics, sale and supply of vaccines and medicines.
- Manufacturing units, medical devices and construction of health infrastructure.
- Movement of all medical personnel, scientists, nurses, para-medical staff, lab technicians.
Guidelines for Hotspots – Lockdown 2 Guidelines India
- COVID-19 Hotspots, or clusters to be determined as per guidelines by Health Ministry.
- In hotspots, containment zones to be demarcated by States/UTs/District administrations.
- In these containment zones, exemption given from April 20 will not be applicable.
- Strict perimeter control to ensure no unchecked inward/outward movement except for essential services.
Agriculture Services Allowed after April 20 – 20th April lockdown guidelines
- Farming operations in field: agencies engaged in procurement of agri products.
- Machinery shops, custom hiring centers, services related to fertilisers and seeds.
- APMC Mandis, direct marketing operations: harvesting and sowing.
- Operation of fishing like processing and sale: hatcheries, commercial aquaria.
- Plantations of tea, coffee and rubber allowed with maximum of 50% workers.
- Animal Husbandry including distribution and sale of milk products, animal shelter homes, etc.