Lok Sabha election 2019 phase 5 updates –The 2019 Lok Sabha elections have reached in the 5th phase of voting. Voting is being held today for 51 seats across India in the Lok Sabha elections 2019 phase 5, where around 700 candidates are contesting.
Nearly 9 crore voters are eligible to vote today in 7 states and these states will be deciding the fate of electoral of 674 candidates in phase 5 elections. The prominent candidates contesting in this phase include Rahul Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi, and six union ministers.
Voting is taking place for 14 seats in UP, 12 in Rajasthan, 7 seats each in West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh, 5 in Bihar and 4 in Jharkhand. In Jammu and Kashmir, polling is taking place in Ladakh constituency and Pulwama and Shopian districts of Anantnag seat.
Check out Lok Sabha election 2019 phase 5 updates
- Voting percentage till 5 PM – 53.19%
- 52.97% voting in UP
- 52.86% voting in Bihar
- 61.93% voting in Madhya Pradesh
- 61.27% voting in Jharkhand
- 17.7 % voting in J&K
- 73.70% voting in West Bengal
- 59.12% voting in Rajasthan
- In Lucknow, Union minister Rajnath Singh cast his vote. He is contesting for the second time for the seat. Rajnath Singh is contesting against Poonam Sinha of Samajwadi Party. He won by over 2.7 Lakh votes in 2014.
- BSP Chief Mayawati cast her vote at a polling booth in City Montessori Inter College in Lucknow.
- A 105-year-old woman cast her vote in Lok Sabha elections 2019 phase 5 in Hazaribagh, Jharkhand.
- Smriti Irani of BJP, who is contesting from Amethi against Rahul Gandhi, has alleged booth capturing in Amethi. She tweeted a video of a voter alleging that the presiding officer of the polling booth forced her to vote for Congress.
हाथ पकड़कर जबरदस्ती पंजा पर धर दिहिन हम देहे जात रहिन कमल पर ( कमल पर देना चाहती थी, जबरदस्ती पंजा पर डलवा दिया)
— Chowkidar Vivek Maheshwari (@im_VMaheshwari) May 6, 2019
Lok Sabha election 2019 phase 5 updates
- Sonia Gandhi is contesting against Dinesh Pratap Singh of BJP from Rae Bareli.
- Former chief minister of J&K and PDP president Mehbooba Mufti is contesting against GA Mir of Congress in the Anantnag.
- Voting is taking place in Anantnag parliamentary constituency – Pulwama and Shopian.
- Grenade explosion at a polling booth in Pulwama has been reported. Militants threw a grenade at a polling booth in Pulwama’s Rohmu. No one has been reported injured.
- In Ladakh, there are four candidates in the fray – Tsering Namgyal of the BJP, Rigzin Spalbar of the Congress and two Independent candidates.
- Elections will be over in 424 seats with phase 5 voting and polling in the remaining 118 seats will be held on May 12 and 19.