It is mandatory to declare assets for all the candidates filing their nomination for the Lok Sabha elections. Check out the assets of Indian political leaders as declared by them during Lok Sabha elections 2019.
- According to the affidavit filed by Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, he holds assets worth 15.88 crore.
- In the 2014 elections, he declared the value of his total assets of Rs 9.4crore.
- He declared movable assets of Rs.5.80 crores and immovable assets worth Rs.10.08 crores.
- Affidavit shows Rahul Gandhi does not own a car and has a total liability of Rs 72 Lakh.
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi declared assets worth Rs 11.82 crores in her affidavit.
- She has declared movable assets worth Rs.4.29 crores.
- She has also declared NSS investments, postal savings and insurance worth Rs.72.25 Lakhs.
- Her immovable assets include 3.28 acre agricultural land worth around Rs 7.29 crores in Delhi.
- Total immovable assets of Sonia Gandhi are Rs.7.52 Crores.
- Total assets of Amit Shah as declared in the affidavit filed are of Rs 30.81crores.
- The Rs 30.81crore figure includes movable assets of Rs.23.51crores, immovable assets of Rs.15.29 crores.
- His declared Bank balance is Rs.37.61 Lakhs.
- Shah owns 22 acres of agricultural land and two non-agricultural land parcels.
- Union minister Smriti Irani declared assets worth over Rs 4.71crore. In her affidavit, Irani has declared her movable property worth over Rs 1.75 crore.
- Immovable assets worth Rs 2.96 crore have been declared by her. This includes an agricultural land worth Rs 1.45 crore and a residential building worth Rs 1.50 crore.
- Till March 31, she has total cash in hand about Rs 6.24 Lakh besides over Rs 89 Lakh in bank accounts.
Also read: What is Lok Sabha?
Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Founder of Samajwadi Party, Mulayam Singh Yadav declared total assets of Rs 20.54 crores. His movable property is Rs 4.33 crore and immovable assets worth Rs 16.21crore.
- He declared a bank balance of Rs 11.25 Lakh in his name and Rs.28.88 Lakh in the name of his wife.
- He has investments worth Rs 50.09 lakh.
- In her affidavit, Supriya Sule, an NCP candidate, declared Rs 140.88 crore as her total assets.
- Her immovable asset is worth Rs. 22.55 crore and the movable assets worth Rs 118.33 crore.
- Sule holds Rs 28,770 cash in hand.
- She owns 16.7 acre of agriculture land worth around Rs 2.7cr, 1.77 acre of non-agriculture land worth of Rs 1.03cr.
According to the sources, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) had the highest bank balance as compared to other parties. BSP has Rs 670 Crore deposited in eight accounts in branches of public sector banks as on 13th December 2018.
Samajwadi Party had the second highest bank balance of Rs 471crore in its bank accounts as on 13th December 2018. The party’s cash deposits dipped after the assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Telangana and Rajasthan by Rs 11 crore.
As on 13th December 2018, Congress party had Rs.196 Crores, TDP Rs.107 Crores while BJP had Rs.83 Crores.
For more articles like, ‘assets of Indian political leaders’, ——
Declaration: The above information has not been individually verified and is the result of a research based on the information published online.