When it comes to reinventing the world of style, elegance, and trend, it only springs one name to everyone’s mind and that is one of the most renowned and sensational fashion designers who creates magic with his mesmerizing collections and he is Manish Malhotra a sensational Indian Fashion Designer.
More about Manish Malhotra a sensational Indian Fashion Designer:
- He was born on 5 December 1966 and completed his graduation from Elphinstone College, Mumbai.
- During his college days, he tried modelling but unfortunately failed in it, which ultimately led him towards clothes, costumes, and art.
- In 2005, he launched his label named ‘Manish Malhotra’ which offers bridal, couture, diffusion and men’s wear collections that currently retails at two stores in Mumbai and New Delhi.
- The label also distributes at multi-brand boutiques across India and in Dubai. In 2014, his label marked a turnover of over INR 1 Billion (USD $15 Million).
- His label has been identified in just 13 years for redefining Indian textiles, empowering regional craftsmen, styling international celebrities and harmonizing traditional silhouettes seamlessly with contemporary luxury.
- At the age of 25, he entered into Bollywood by designing Juhi Chawla’s costumes for the movie Swarg. But the outfits he had designed for Urmila Matondkar in the film Rangeela (1995), made Manish an inescapable part of the industry. This was a grand entry for Manish into Bollywood making him one of the most renowned designers in India.
- Manish Malhotra’s client list includes Bollywood celebrities like Karan Johar, Rekha, Alia Bhatt, Karishma Kapoor, Jahnvi Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez, Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Arjun Kapoor, Deepika Padukone and many more. His work is showcased across the Globe.
- The designer became much-admired internationally when he was asked to design clothes for Michael Jackson for his appearance during the Bollywood Awards held in New York. The outfit became a hit and he was once again asked by Jackson to design outfits for his show in Munich and also for a couple of outfits for his children.
- The wedding outfits for the Princess of Riyadh were also designed by him.
- The clients of Manish Malhotra bridal couture ranges from (High Net-worth House Holds in India) HNI families in India to international princesses. The brand’s ever-expanding digital footprint with an online store and a strong social media power is shaping it to match pitch with the younger generation globally.
- He got his first Filmfare Award for costume design in 1995 for the Bollywood film, ‘Rangeela’.
- He also received Masala Awards for International Asian Designer of the year in 2010.
- He was awarded for Fashion Personality of the Year in 2012 and most stylist-designer in 2017.
- His label has become much more than a destination for timeless Indian couture.
- His net worth is estimated to be approx. $15 million dollars as of January, 2019.