The 14th President of India, Ram Nath Kovind President has had an extremely illustrious career as a politician, having achieved many glorious achievements in his path to Raisina Hill. Governor of Bihar before he took the highest political office of the biggest democracy in the world, Kovind was an advocate before he joined politics. His extreme hard-work, dedication and an unparallel record when it came to growth helped him gain the trust of NDA who chose for him as their candidate for president, a spot he ended up winning after being chosen unanimously in the two political houses of the country.
- Born on 1st October 1945 in Dearpur, Uttar Pradesh, Ram Nath Kovind President was born into a poor family with his farther being a farmer. His humble background taught him the value of hard work from a very young age and this quality of his helped him rise by leaps and bounds in life.
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in commerce. He went onto pursue his LLB from Kanpur University. He had aspirations of becoming an IAS officer and shifted to Delhi in his quest. His unnerving spirit and never say die attitude saw him clear the examination on his third attempt.Unfortunately, he wasn’t selected for IAS and was chosen for an allied service which declined. It was after this that he started to pursue his career as a lawyer.
- His decision to pursue his professional life as an advocate proved to be the right one. He had a highly successful career and went onto earn accolades after accolades.Was Central Government Advocate in Delhi High Court from 1977 to 1979. Rose in ranks to serve as a Central Government standing counsel in the Supreme Court from 1980 to 1993. He was also personal assistant to Prime Minister of India Morarji Desai.
- He took to politics after being disturbed by the social issues. He provided free legal advice and help to people from the lower community who were facing social injustices. Realising that he would have to take to the playing field himself if he wanted to make a real change for such communities, Kovind joined BJP in 1991.
- He was elected as member to the Rajya Sabha from Uttar Pradesh on the back of his outstanding work and commitment to the public. He went on to win the love and faith of not only his compatriots but also the public during his 12-year tenure.
- Kovind the President of the BJP Dalit Morcha between 1998 and 2002 and President of the All-India Koli Samaj.On July 20, 2017, Ram Nath Kovind President was declared the 14th President of India and took the oath of office on July 25, 2017.