The full name of N T Rama Rao Jr is Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao Jr. He is also known as Jr. NTR. Rao is a Telugu film actor and politician who was born on 20 May 1983 in Hyderabad to Nandamuri Harikrishna and Shalini Bhaskar Rao.
Interesting facts about N T Rama Rao Jr
- Rao did his schooling from Vidyaranya High School, Hyderabad, and completed his Intermediate education from St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad.
- In 1996, Jr. NTR starred as a child artist in Ramayanam and won the National Film Award for Best Children’s Film for that year. In 2000, he made his debut as an adult artist in the film Ninnu Choodalani.After that, he worked in many films like Student No.1 (2001), Aadi (2002), Simhadri (2003), Rakhi (2006), Yamadonga (2007), Adhurs (2010), Brindavanam (2010 film) (2010), Temper (2015), Nannaku Prematho (2016), Jai Lava Kusa (2017), and Aravinda Sametha Veera Raghava (2018). In his 18 years in cinemas, he has worked in over twenty-eight films.
- Some of his movies went on to become superhit including Student No. 1, Aadi, Simhadri, Yamadonga, Temper, Nannaku Prematho, Janatha Garage, and Jai Lava Kusa. His film Simhadri became Industry’s biggest hit at that time. N. T. Rama Rao Jr donned a new look for the movie and appeared in a light beard, which got him the title of Young Tiger.
- Jr. NTR was the host of reality show Bigg Boss, the Telugu version, that was broadcast on the Star Maa channel. His entry to the small screen proved to be a huge success not only for him but for the channel as well resulting in very high TRPs.
- In 2009, Rao joined politics and was one among the campaigners for the Telugu Desam Party in the Indian general elections. On 26 March 2009, after electioneering, while travelling to Hyderabad, the SUV in which he was traveling got hit by another vehicle at Suryapet. He and his companions were thrown out of the SUV and got injured. He was treated at Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, in Secunderabad.
More facts about N. T. Rama Rao Jr
- In 2009, Jr. NTR announced to donate 20 lakhs to Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for the relief operations for flood victims.
- He married Narne Lakshmi Pranathi on 5 May 2011 in Madhapur and the couple have two sons, Abhay Ram and Bhargava Ram.
- In 2012, he was ranked 27th in Forbes India Celebrity 100 list with an annual income of ₹190 million (US$3.042 Million) and 55th in 2016 with an annual income of ₹360 million.
Must read: Facts to know about Salman Khan’s Bracelet
- In 2013, one of his fans died due to the heavy rush during a function. Rama Rao Jr. along with producer Bandla Ganesh donated 5 lakhs to his family and promised to take care of his family.
- He is the recipient of two state Nandi Awards, two Filmfare Best Telugu Actor Awards and four CineMAA Awards.
The fan following of N T Rama Rao Jr is not limited only to South India but he has fans all over India, not to forget his international fan-base.