Here are highlights from narendra modi at cii annual session 2020 live – Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed at CII’s 125th anniversary where he shared details about steps the government is taking to revive the Indian economy.
Highlights from narendra modi at cii annual session 2020 live –
- Introducing at the CII event, PM Modi said that online events will become the new normal.
- Further, PM Modi promised that India will be on a growth trajectory with the help of its entrepreneurs and industry leaders. He believes that India will definitely revive growth.
- Further congratulating CII on completing 125 years he said, ‘It is a very big thing to be in existence for 125 long years’.
Must Read: PM Modi Yoga Video
Highlights from narendra modi at cii annual session 2020 live
- He added, “Saving lives from coronavirus is necessary but on the other hand, we should also contribute to stabilize and speed up the economy.”
- “The economy is one of our topmost priorities to strengthen the economy amid the ongoing pandemic. He added that the government has taken several decisions to help the economy in the long run.”
- “5 things to make India a self-reliant (Atmanirbhar Bharat) economy are – Intent, Inclusion, Investment, Infrastructure, and Innovation.”
- “The government is making the economy and sectors ready for the future.” He added, “Our reforms are not scattered and are rather systematic, planned and futuristic in order to give out logical conclusions.”
- “The government is doing things for people for which they had given up their hopes. It is undertaking labor reforms, agricultural reforms, and has opened up 9 strategic sectors for private companies to grow in.”
- “The demand for an update in the definition of MSME is now fulfilled and MSMEs will now be able to grow without any concerns or fears. They will not have to find other ways to keep up with their MSME status.”
- Assuring the government’s preparations on the COVID-19 front, “India sent medical supplies to over 150 nations, helping them fight coronavirus.” He also added that “You take 2 steps ahead and the government will take 4 to support you.”
Do Read: Best Hot and Cold Split AC in India
Self-Reliant India (Aatma Nirbhar Bharat) – narendra modi at cii annual session 2020 live
- “Self-reliant India will be more integrated with the global ecosystem and will embrace the world with even more strength. “
- “But, self-reliant India doesn’t mean that we depend on others for our strategic needs. We don’t want to remain in that situation now.”
- “Self-reliant India is about building strong enterprises, generating employment, and empowering people to find solutions. The need of the hour is that we make products in India.
- “We have to cut our imports.”
- “And as our government considers the private sector an important partner of the government in its path to self-reliant India, we will take structural reforms to change the course of the country.”
- PM Modi said that “Now we have to invest in the creation of a Robust Local Supply Chain to strengthens India’s stake in the Global Supply Chain. CII will also have to come forward in a new role post-Corona.
- PM also said that the World is looking for a trusted, reliable partner. In India, we have potential, strength & ability. Today, all of you, including all the industries must benefit from the trust that has developed for India all over the world.
- “The government is providing infra to create agro-processing clusters near rural areas and considers the private sector a partner in nation-building.”
- “India can increase exports & create jobs in furniture, ACs, leather, footwear. So, I urge industries to partner with rural India to create opportunities.”
- PM Modi has urged industries to come up with a detailed study of every sector, build consensus, develop concepts, and think big on reforms as the government will undertake reforms based on recommendations.
Recommended Reading: Full details of 20 lakh crore package breakdown