An Indian medical student, Manushi Chhillar has emerged as Miss World 2017 in the most prestigious beauty pageant. She was competing against 108 contestants in the pageant. It had been 17 long years since Priyanka Chopra who has by now set a solid footing in both Hollywood and Bollywood won this title in 2000 after Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. She looked really emotional as the crown was placed on her head by Miss World 2016 winner Puerto Rico’s Stephanie Del Valle.
- Hailing from Haryana, Manushi is a student of Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women in Sonepat, Haryana.
- She had earlier also won Femina Miss India 2017 in June.
- Winning the Miss World 2017 title at a young age of 21 yrs, she is the sixth Indian woman to be crowned Miss World.
- A trained Kuchipudi dancer, she has been trained under the guidance of legendary dancers, Raja and Radha Reddy.
- Manushi had also taken up the cause of menstrual hygiene and had spread awareness in 20 villages, under her “Beauty with a Purpose” project. Her initiative was called Project Shakti.
- Her winning answer about the importance of mothers in our lives and their often unrecognized efforts for making their children do best in their life is exceptionally thoughtful and beautiful at the same time.
- Winning the title, she was quick to take a moment and thank everyone who’ve supported her so far with her tweet, “Thank you, everyone, for your constant love, support at prayers! @feminamissindia @MissWorldLtd #MissWorld2017 This one’s for #India”
- After winning the title, Manushi now hopes to open a chain of nonprofit hospitals in rural areas.
Manushi Chhillar now stands amidst the six extra-ordinary Indian woman who’ve been crowned International beauty pageant titles and we cannot be any more proud of her! The past queens have embarked their names in Hollywood and Bollywood alike and doing successfully in their professional and personal lives! We wish Manushi Chhillar the best of the times in her journey ahead.