‘Remix’, the album by Asama group which got featured on TV series with the same title during the early 2000s, was every young heart’s sensation and is still being missed. Though the band has gone downhill, Neeti Mohan, one of the members of the band has come along way since then. After the Asama group broke down, Neeti appeared on the Star Plus show Music Ka Maha Mukabla.
- Hailing from Delhi, Neeti is the daughter of Brijmohan and Kusum Sharma. She is the eldest kid and has three sisters. Shakti Mohan (Winner of Dance India Dance), Mukti Mohan (member of the winning team ‘Masakali Girls’ of the dance show “Zara Nachke Dikha”) and Kriti Mohan.
- Although she was born in Delhi, Neeti went to Birla Balika Vidyapeeth, Pilani, Rajasthan and is an alumnus of Delhi University’s college Miranda House. Coming from an ordinary family with no musical background, it was from the show Popstar on Channel [V] after which Mohan’s career had hit the road.
- It was in 2012 when Mohan had set her foot in Bollywood with “Ishq Wala love” in “Student of The Year” with Shekhar Ravjiani and Salim Merchant and later in that year she had her another blockbuster hit song “Jiya Re” from the film ”Jab Tak Hai Jaan”.
- Both songs established her as a successful playback singer. She’d received the Filmfare- RD Burman Award for “Ishq Wala love”. Mirchi music award- Upcoming Female Vocalist and Filmfare for Best Female Playback singer in 2013 for “Jiya re”.
- Neeti has performed on the MTV Unplugged (India) with Shalmali Kholgade and Arijit Singh where she also sang the acoustic version of “Jiya Re”.
- R. Rahman had always been an inspiration to her and today she is a regular on his live shows.
- Neeti has been one of the judges in two the seasons of “The Voice”, a musical talent hunt show along with Shaan and Shekhar.