Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development – Oberoi STEP admission
In this article, we will be covering some important points to keep in mind regarding Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development STEP program. Do make sure that you have read the STEP admission process and the Step selection process articles thoroughly.
The following are some of the important points to remember for Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development Step admission:
- Keep checking the official website of the Oberoi group as the admission form is to be filled only online.
- Selection process venue can be selected from Agra, Delhi, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Shimla, Jaipur, and Udaipur. The final round of selection is done at OCLD, Delhi.
- Don’t expect to be assigned a hotel in your hometown.
- Hotel Operations Programme includes Front Office, F&B and Housekeeping programs
- Keep scanned documents ready before starting to fill up the form. Most of the online form submissions require documents below 50KB. If you don’t know how to do it, there are various online websites who offer to reduce the size of the image/pdf free of charge.
- Make sure to regularly check your e-mail as this is the mode of intimation used by OCLD.
- Make sure to reach the venue for the selection process at least 20 minutes before the given time. The process starts on time and as a major part is a group activity, you may miss the opportunity.
- Appearance is an important part. You need to dress in Formals for appearing in the selection process. Take care to dress carefully. Your hair should also look tidy. Wear comfortable formal shoes.
- Keep yourself aware about the current affairs, including whatever is happening in the political scene in India like election results, Chief Ministers of states, etc. Also, brush up on General Knowledge and India geography.
- Practice logical reasoning questions.
- If selected for Step, you will have to join Bachelor of Tourism Studies, IGNOU to obtain a degree.
- The fee paid by you for IGNOU admission shall be refunded after joining the hotel.
- You will have one day marked for ‘Study’ when you shall get time to study for BTS, prepare and submit IGNOU Assignments. OCLD will also regularly arrange training programs through video conferencing.
- You will have one off-day during the week.
- The accommodation is provided for from the hotel. However, a small amount is deducted from your salary.
- It’s shared accommodation.
- Drop-off facility is available if you are in the late evening shift.
- After due deductions, you may get somewhere around Rs.8500/- in hand per month depending upon the hotel you are assigned.
- You will get 3 weeks holidays for IGNOU exams when you can return to your hometown and prepare for and give exams.
- You will also be entitled to around 21 days of leave which you can avail after taking due permission.
- OCLD and Hotel extend all help in settling you down as also takes due care in case of any illness or health issues. The seniors are also welcoming and caring.
And yes, you have heard it right. The shift duty hours can be pretty long and tiring; can be morning, day, night or break shift. But, if your dream is big, it would need bigger sacrifices. OCLD is one of the best places to give wings to your dream. You should also be aware of the journey of the Oberoi group of hotels.
If you have any more queries about the Oberoi STEP selection feel free to ask in the comment box below. Our team will try to resolve any queries you may have. You can also call directly to the ever-helpful team of Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development.