In this article, we will be covering Oberoi STEP selection as we have already covered the Step admission process in our previous article.
After you have filled in the application form for Step, the following will be the Oberoi STEP selection process:
The candidates go through a few rounds of the selection process.
- The candidates are divided into groups of 15-20.
- They are taken through a round of activities and questionnaires.
- You may also be asked to participate in a group discussion.
- Here, the evaluator checks the candidates pose, grooming, and spoken English.
If you are short-listed candidates from Round 1, on the same day in a gap of around an hour or so, you will be taken for the second round.
- You would appear for an online test of general English and Logical reasoning.
- You would also be going in for a one-on-one meeting with the faculty.
- The evaluator would get to know more about you, why would you want to get into the hospitality industry and your aptitude for the industry, etc.
- You may also be asked certain questions related to current affairs and General knowledge.
On this day, if you are accompanied by your parents or siblings, they would be invited to meet the faculty coordinator and ask any questions they may have about the course. The coordinator may also ask if they have any preferred location, but remember that the location is solely decided by the OCLD.
If you clear the round 2, you will be intimated through e-mail and invited for the final round of the selection process.
- Get ready to meet the expert panel of OCLD, who may be evaluating if you are ready to go through the grind and if you are passionate enough to be selected.
- Those appearing for KOPs, you may be asked to recognize some everyday kitchen stuff.
- As you are going for an interview, you should also know about the chain of Oberoi group of hotels.
Results and Programme commencement:
- Results will be declared by e-mail towards the end of May.
- You will have to give your acceptance to the offer in writing.
- By the end of June, you will get your offer letter.
- During the 2nd week of July, you will have to complete your IGNOU admission formalities.
- Around 3rd week of June, you would be informed about the hotel allocated to you.
- In the 3rd week of August, you would be attending a one-day orientation in OCLD, Delhi.
- You will be asked to join in the 3rd or 4th week of August.
From thereon, begins your rigorous training to mould you to be the best in your industry, after all, you are being trained by one of the best group of hotels in the world.
If you have any more queries about the Oberoi STEP selection, feel free to ask in the comment box below. Our team will try to resolve any queries you may have. You can also call directly to the ever-helpful team of OCLD.
Do go through the important points about the Oberoi STEP admission and selection process here.