Last week Internet exploded with the rumours of Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli secretly getting married in Tuscany, Italy. And just a few days after would they-they won’t, the couple has finally made it official with an adorable tweet. And with this, Viruksha’s is the wedding of the year!
- Both Anushka and Virat tweeted a snap from their beautiful wedding and wrote a cute message announcing their marriage, “Today we have promised each other to be bound in love forever. We are truly blessed to share the news with you. This beautiful day will be made more special with the love and support of our family of fans & well wishers. Thank you for being such an important part of our journey.”
- They were married according to Hindu rites at a resort in Tuscany, Italy. As rumoured, both Virat and Anushka were dressed in Sabyasachi for all the events at their wedding.
- While Anushka wore a pale pink lehenga with renaissance silver-gold embroidery, Virat looked dapper in an ivory raw silk sherwani which was embroidered in a vintage pattern.
- Designer Sabyasachi also posted pictures of the mehendi, with Anushka wearing a brightly coloured lehenga in pink, orange and teal.
- For her engagement, Anushka wore a Sabyasachi velvet saree of Gulkand Burgundy color with an stunning uncut diamond and pearl choker.
- There are two receptions that have been planned, one in Virat’s hometown of New Delhi on December 21, another for friends and colleagues in Mumbai on December 26. The guest list, by all means will include their friends from entertainment industry, sports world and political circle as well. The reception will surely be a star-studded event.
- Certain reports suggest that the couple will be living in their new house in Worli, Mumbai.