One Plus 5T launched: Here’s the quick review
One Plus have finally launched its flagship model One Plus 5T and fans couldn’t be more happy with the changes that have been inculcated in this edition. Just after four months of the launch of One Plus 5, this phone has been globally launched at a glitzy event on Thursday, 16 November’17. Introducing two phones at a gap of mere 4 months is quite a bold move!
- If rumors are to be believed, the reason for the launch of this new updated feature is that its competitors have been quick to adopt 18:9 screens in their 2017 models and OnePlus would have been left behind.
- Primarily, a sports design model, the phone is more in line with that of the latest Galaxy phones from Samsung.
- Although the phone takes almost same space as One Plus 5, the screen size has been increased from 5.5 inches to 6.1 inches thereby switching to 18:9 ratio from 16:9 ratio.
- The fingerprint sensor of the phone has been shifted to the rear of the phone allowing the increase in the size of the screen.
- Interestingly, The OnePlus 5T can be set up to unlock when the software recognizes your face. Though the facial scanner is not as efficient as of iPhone X, the phone is now in the category of facial recognition phones.
- Coming to the camera of the phone, configuration of the camera is also slightly changed. The zoom lens is gone but the dual camera is still present. The primary camera is powered by Sony IMX 398 16-megapixel image sensor and an F1.7 lens with 27mm focal length. The second camera now too has a wide-angle 27mm lens with F1.7 aperture. Behind the lens there is IMX376K image sensor that clicks 20megapixel images. OnePlus says that the new hardware should help the OnePlus 5T click better low light photos.
- The software, however, is same as 5T i.e. Android 7 aka Nougat-based Oxygen OS.
The device will go on sale as an Amazon-exclusive product on November 21. While the 64GB variant is priced at Rs 32,999, the 128GB variant is priced at Rs 37,999. Stay tuned for a detailed review!
Recommended Reading: iPhone X Review
For more updates, do Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.